Zune HD

It's too bad that the I-pod owns the Zune in marketing, but I gotta say, the Zune is a really impressive competitor to the Apple line. In fact, I was actually looking forward to buying a Zune or an Ipod, but I think I'll and see what this is like when it comes out. I think Apple already announced a little bit ago that they were releasing a new I-phone this summer, but I forget though.

I was wondering if the Mac vs PC thread existed on this board lol, but that get's nastier than politics and religion. It's all geeks talking.
macs vs pc is a dumb topic anyway

everyone has different needs, get what you want
(Apr. 13, 2009  6:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: macs vs pc is a dumb topic anyway

everyone has different needs, get what you want

That's true. Super Gaming PC, here I come Eee
"Zune HD Is Real, Has Multitouch Web Browsing, OLED Screen and HD Video"
http://gizmodo.com/5270945/zune-hd-is-re...d-hd-video

[Image: Zune-HD_hi-rez_01.jpg]
God I know it's completely redundant of me to buy one of these (I have an iPhone and an 80 GB Zune), but I want one so bad.

Here's hoping the price tag isn't astronomical.
The xbox live integration is very interesting.
They will probably let you use your vids you buy on Live on the Zune.
I want the orignal fatty one though...
(May. 27, 2009  3:15 AM)fragbait Wrote: They will probably let you use your vids you buy on Live on the Zune.
I want the orignal fatty one though...

I'll sell you my brown 30 GB one.
carp you ipod and carp you itunes for Windows.

I'm buying this.
(May. 28, 2009  8:30 PM)Khel Wrote: carp you ipod and carp you itunes for Windows.

I'm buying this.

itunes for windows is really really awful so as a mac user i dont blame you in the slighest

i wish zune supported mac. i may not necessarily buy it but more options is good for everyone (except companies)
Been considering a zune for a while. It's this or an iPod classic. iHate iTunes so that makes this all the more appealing. Not to mention the horribly bad experience I've had with iPods breaking...
(May. 28, 2009  8:42 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Been considering a zune for a while. It's this or an iPod classic. iHate iTunes so that makes this all the more appealing. Not to mention the horribly bad experience I've had with iPods breaking...

Well, Apple will definitely be announcing new iPods soon (they're not going to let Zune and Palm go unpunished) so I'd definitely wait a while before making up your mind.
It's also because I'm a little bored with ipods in general. Been using them since he 3rd gen in 03, so it's time for a change.
Aesthetically, it looks amazing.

Hoping it'll be as easy to customise to your needs as the iPod Touch though.
(May. 28, 2009  9:07 PM)♥ Wrote: Aesthetically, it looks amazing.

Hoping it'll be as easy to customise to your needs as the iPod Touch though.

Seriously, my first thought was that the design is amazing.
(May. 28, 2009  9:22 PM)♥ Wrote: More pictures:

http://www.engadget.com/photos/steve-bal...-engadget/

In those pictures the screen quality does look insane. =D

Thing is, I wouldn't use all the gadgets on anything like this. I'd just want something that plays good quality music, the software is not complete carp, and that won't break. That and a lot of storage space...

I must admit, they'll have a hard time beating the iPod touch though. They've marketed that really well and I see them all the time being used.
Can't beleive I missed this thread, Zune HD is friggin awesome
This and the new Sony Ericsson phone with PS3 relations have made me decide not to buy an iPhone.
(May. 27, 2009  3:11 AM)Maz Wrote: The xbox live integration is very interesting.

I'm totally getting one for that. ZUNE really might dominate in the future with it's ability to work with other popular sources of entertainment...like xbox live.
I like this, but I like my Ipod Touch 2nd gen better...
(May. 29, 2009  1:50 AM)jsc Wrote: I like this, but I like my Ipod Touch 2nd gen better...

This isn't even out yet, how can you say that?
I meant I like the looks. But yes this may have better software or screen quality.
(May. 27, 2009  2:26 AM)Maz Wrote: "Zune HD Is Real, Has Multitouch Web Browsing, OLED Screen and HD Video"
http://gizmodo.com/5270945/zune-hd-is-re...d-hd-video

[Image: Zune-HD_hi-rez_01.jpg]

Damn that's sliiick.