Zombie and Spin Stealer Discussion

I don't, especially looking at results.
Honestly, look at Kei's thread on MF L Drago 90WF
It does better vs. C145 than GB145
90WF is pretty low.
Just because results differ in that one combo doesn't mean all other testing with GB145 against C145 is useless. That's also because that combo isn't necessarily an attack combo, it's a spin stealer, and you cant steal spin from a closed circle/oval now can we, it would just scrape and deplete its own spin, now with C145 it has the claws to latch on to and steal spin. Get it now?
(Aug. 15, 2010  6:42 AM)Marco Wrote: it's a spin stealer, and you cant steal spin from a closed circle/oval now can we, it would just scrape and deplete its own spin, now with C145 it has the claws to latch on to and steal spin.

This is almost perfectly wrong.
It's a destabilizer, not a spin-stealer.
C145 would not aid the opposing beyblade for spin stealing as much as GB145
Have you ever played plastics, and used a real zombie?

You steal spin from the opponent who has 0 free spinning parts.
Free spinning parts are how you beat spin stealers.

A zombie might beat:
Wing Cross
Wide Survivor
Semi Flat

whereas it would lose to:

Wing Cross
Wide Survivor
Bearing Base.

If being a circle stopped spin stealing, then Flying defense would have been a god among AR's but it wasn't.
Please don't compare plastics to MFB, no comparison. Also, spin stealer and zombie are two different things... What Kei has is a Spin stealer/De-stabilizer. I mean you've never even seen him use it IRL so don't make assumptions. Also he can only take spin from the metal latching on to a protrusion. If not then it would just scrape. So think physics. How in the world could he steal spin from scraping the plastic? The metal has no friction on an already slippery surface. Now what Kei's combo does is it steals spin until the other beyblade starts precessing then he destabilizes and wins by outspin. With the same combo right spin it doesn't work, I've tried. So you explain to me if Kei's combo doesn't have spin stealing capabilities how does it outspin a defense/stamina type? Logically you would think that Top tier stamina would outspin an attack type if it doesn't knock it out, and believe me that combo isn't meant to knock opposing beys out.

EDIT: Also about that flying defense, check this out. "Hasbro removed the ability to fly as well as the three attacking points leaving a TOTALLY CIRCULAR AR. For this reason, the Hasbro mold CAN BE USED AGAINST SPIN STEALERS when paired with a low base." Basically, owned.
Double edit: "As it is perfectly circular Flying Defense is almost impossible to steal spin from."
Why not?
The physics are almost exactly the same.
And every spin stealer used SG Bearing Version, Bearing Base, Double Bearing Core, or Spiral Change Base.
Note: Kei never said it was a spin-stealer, anywhere.
C145 gives less spin than GB145 bro, and lol at the thought of almost no friction.
There is sufficient friction believe me.

Plus, I've owned a Hasbro flying defense, and it did not beat zombies/spin stealers, so I believe your copy+paste repetoire of beywiki knowledge is incorrect. Flying Defense/10 Balance/Bearing Base never beat my zombie.
I'm assuming beybrad wrote that, and I'm quite sure he never tried Hasbro's flying defense, as it's a junk part, and he bought pretty much all takara blades.

EDIT: Zombies are spin-stealers : /
DOUBLE EDIT:
Quote:it steals spin until the other beyblade starts precessing then he destabilizes
If it's precessing it's already destabilized. Plus Kei said you're supposed to let it circle the tornado ridge, which means no contact which means no spin stealing.

I'd also like to keep this civil.
Mc Frown first of all, don't assume you know a combo and never actually seen it preform, second of all, zombies are different than spin stealers in the sense that zombies do steal spin, but due to free spinning parts, have the "life after death" feature. Spin stealers on the other hand do not. So as I said, Kei depletes the other combos spin in time to make it precess and destabilizes the combo causing it to win by outspin. Also last time I checked, the people who wrote the wiki are much more experienced bladers than you. I showed you proof on my side of the argument so please back your words up or don't talk.
(Aug. 15, 2010  7:26 AM)Marco Wrote: Mc Frown first of all, don't assume you know a combo and never actually seen it preform,
Same with flying defense
Quote:second of all, zombies are different than spin stealers in the sense that zombies do steal spin, but due to free spinning parts, have the "life after death" feature. Spin stealers on the other hand do not.
This is incorrect
Quote:Also last time I checked, the people who wrote the wiki are much more experienced bladers than you.
lol, some people can write about things they assume but don't know.
See, I know that this is incorrect because I've tried it.
Last time I checked, anyone could write on/edit the wiki.

Quote:I showed you proof on my side of the argument so please back your words up or don't talk.
As much as I have

(Aug. 15, 2010  7:30 AM)Marco Wrote: but my point stands and I have proof.
And not true

And I agree with Okiblaze.
If you respond to me, quote this post and respond in the Beyblade Random Thoughts topic, and I will continue this discussion.
(Aug. 15, 2010  7:48 AM)Marco Wrote: Yeah no what proof have you given me? For all I know you could be lying.
Yeah no what proof have you given me? For all I know you could be lying.
Quote:And no you can't edit the wiki... Unless you're a mod. If you say "that is incorrect" tell me why.. At least...
Daegor got me here.
Quote:Also I'm sure the mods don't know what they're talking about when they put an article on the wiki..

If bey brad only owns the Takara Trypio, and want to publish an article on it, he would still write about the mold difference, though he doesn't own the part, it could make it wrong (It is)
If a circle steals/gives 0 spin then why is wide survivor the best zombie WD?
No shape can steal spin but not give it.

EDIT: Marco, go on the wiki, type in your WBO username and Password.
Viola, you can edit articles.
(Aug. 15, 2010  7:54 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2010  7:48 AM)Marco Wrote: Yeah no what proof have you given me? For all I know you could be lying.
Quote:And no you can't edit the wiki... Unless you're a mod. If you say "that is incorrect" tell me why.. At least...
Daegor got me here.
Quote:Also I'm sure the mods don't know what they're talking about when they put an article on the wiki..

If bey brad only owns the Takara Trypio, and want to publish an article on it, he would still write about the mold difference, though he doesn't own the part, it could make it wrong (It is)

First, how do you know that brad only owns the takara trypio, second, please stop referencing plastics. Third, you never said why I was incorrect. Fourth, i'm done.
Edit: Fifth, where's your proof?
(Aug. 15, 2010  8:00 AM)Marco Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2010  7:54 AM)Mc Frown Wrote:
Daegor got me here.

First, how do you know that brad only owns the takara trypio, second, please stop referencing plastics. Third, you never said why I was incorrect. Fourth, i'm done.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-You-now-...d-password
Why you're incorrect.

And I do believe Brad owned a Hasbro flying defense, I think he sold it without using it however.

And there's really no reason not to mention plastics when you said "Spin Stealer"
I meant how I was incorrect regarding zombies and spin stealers.

Edit: "A Zombie customization is a Beyblade combo that is designed to steal spin from the opponent and have the "Life After Death" ability." Meaning that a spin stealer is the same thing without the last part.
(Aug. 15, 2010  8:03 AM)Marco Wrote: I meant how I was incorrect regarding zombies and spin stealers.

Because Zombies are a specific subset of spin stealers.

It's like how a square is a type of rectangle. The laws that govern rectangles also apply to squares, but not vice versa.
Oh. Zombies steal spin to win, therefore they are spin stealers.
Same thing different name, potato/potato.

EDIT: Beat

Don't confuse LAD with all of this btw.
Look at my edit.. They are called "zombie" because zombies live after they die. Spin stealers can steal spin just like a zombie but due to lack of free spinning parts, once they stop spinning they can't "revive".
Zombies don't live after they die.
Life After Death customizations do that.

And effective spin-stealers cannot exist without bearings.
EDIT: about earlier
MF LDrago 100WF v. MF Earth Bull GB145WB
1 (10%) - 7 (70%)

MFB Attack Stadium
TT Beylauncher L and Hasbro String Launcher used respectively.
Earth Bull launched first at 80% power.
LDrago launched with banking.

This combo does not steal spin in any efficient manner.
(Aug. 15, 2010  8:25 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: EDIT: about earlier
MF LDrago 100WF v. MF Earth Bull GB145WB
1 (10%) - 7 (70%)

MFB Attack Stadium
TT Beylauncher L and Hasbro String Launcher used respectively.
Earth Bull launched first at 80% power.
LDrago launched with banking.

This combo does not steal spin in any efficient manner.

I might read this entire thread later, but I thought it would be informative to link you to this. More comprehensive tests against GB145 and reasons for why it does so poorly: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-Dest...#pid317849

And while it is primarily a destabilizer, it can steal spin, I think. Wait until the video for Beys of Glory is up. There was one insane match I had against kool-kid today where I clearly stole spin from his Defense type.
I agree it's possible, I however would disagree if you were to say it's very efficient at it (compared to a bearing based spin stealer), though the video may prove me wrong.

Also note the term I have for combos like yours:
Pain Splitter
(Aug. 15, 2010  8:11 AM)Marco Wrote: Look at my edit.. They are called "zombie" because zombies live after they die. Spin stealers can steal spin just like a zombie but due to lack of free spinning parts, once they stop spinning they can't "revive".
(Aug. 15, 2010  8:25 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Zombies don't live after they die.
Life After Death customizations do that.

It's not the free spinning parts that make the zombie live after death, it's the round shape of the outside of the bey. The free spinning parts are what allow the zombie to steal spin.

"The origin of the name "Zombie" is not its ability to steal spin, but its "life after death" ability. The term "Life After Death" is used to describe a zombie's ability to continue spinning on its side after it has fallen over. If your Beyblade is still making complete rotations, it is still considered to be spinning. To have this ability, your Beyblade must be perfectly round at the points that touch the stadium floor when it falls over."

(Aug. 15, 2010  8:25 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: And effective spin-stealers cannot exist without bearings.
It is true that bearings make spin stealing effective, but that doesn't mean that only beyblades with bearings steal spin. In fact, any two beyblades spinning in opposite spin directions will steal spin from each other. I don't imagine spin stealing type combos to make it to the top tier list until a bearing track is introduced though.
Also about zombies not living after they die. "A Zombie customization is a Beyblade combo that is designed to steal spin from the opponent and have the "Life After Death" ability." there. Also Kei backed up my point, it is a De-stabilizer/Spin Stealer
And yes pain splitter is the term, and then it destabilizes to finish it off.
An example zombie combo from beywiki:
Tiger Defenser
Wide Survivor
Neo Left (Double Bearing Core)
Defense Ring
Customize Grip Base

This steals spin quite well, but when it tips over, it's done.

Not like:
Tiger Defenser
Wide Survivor
Spiral Change Base (Plastic Flat Tip)

Which does what you described, it tips over and rolls around on its flat surface.

Please note I came up with the name pain splitter, Marco.
(Aug. 10, 2010  8:24 PM)Ozzy Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2010  5:30 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I will be so amused if it turns out Lightning LDrago 100HF is better.

It actually, to be honest, is better than this. I have spun it with my hands and beat stamina combos with outspin. Believe it or not, it steals spin pretty effectively even on a flat tip.

"It steals spin pretty effectively".
(Aug. 15, 2010  8:53 AM)Marco Wrote: "It steals spin pretty effectively".

Yo, I tried this. It doesn't steal spin effectively. It just steals spin. Hah.

If it stole spin effectively it would stay spinning for more than a picosecond more than the combo it's going against.
It steals spin nonetheless which was what I was trying to convey throughout this whole convo..
(Aug. 15, 2010  8:48 AM)Marco Wrote: Also Kei backed up my point, it is a De-stabilizer/Spin Stealer
And yes pain splitter is the term, and then it destabilizes to finish it off.

Because it can steal spin doesn't make it a spin stealer. Any two combos spinning in opposite directions will steal spin from each other.

(Aug. 15, 2010  8:50 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: An example zombie combo from beywiki:
Tiger Defenser
Wide Survivor
Neo Left (Double Bearing Core)
Defense Ring
Customize Grip Base

This steals spin quite well, but when it tips over, it's done.

I've seen this combo spin on it's side many a times. It probably doesn't do it as well as other parts, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do it.

Something I just thought about that I think a lot of people don't realize: Kei's combo is a smash attack type combo. This destablizing concept is due to the fact that the way it's winning is by knocking opposing bey off balance and then outlasting them.
Quote:I've seen this combo spin on it's side many a times. It probably doesn't do it as well as other parts, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do it.
It doesn't, I'll post a video of it... tomorrow.
Rock Bison is better at LAD then that lol.
So are sharp and SG Sharp, hah.