Zippo Collection

Hi everyone! I think by now, you've all seen these nifty little things that some consider as collectibles, and some use for not-so-healthy reasons (yuck).

Fortunately, I do not use mine for the latter, but I collect them, and occasionally will light them just to watch the flames. Although I do that on occasion, I'm no Pyro, heh.

[Image: img139b.jpg]

Left: 8-Ball Right: Y&Y

I used to have the Hidden Dragon Zippo, and I also had an Armor Case Zippo. Both were given to two of my friends on their birthdays. =P

Please post your collection, either with words, images, or with both. =D
interesting, and it's good to know you don't err do what people normally use them for. im trying to get one of those for emergency purposes only. how many survival guides have these in them?
man those look cool,I MUST BUY SOME lol<maybe off topic
I really wanted to get this one, but alas, Zippo discontinued it. D=
I've got about 4 atm. can't find my favorite one though

-1 Beatles zippo (missing)
-Black Crackle
-Brushed chrome
-Toffee

A lot of knife collectors are also zippo collectors/other gadget collectors.
I never understood why people collected them..
Enlighten me?
Few reasons

1) Aesthetically appealing
2) History of the zippo lighter. Timeless design
3) Look up zippo tricks
4) Man likey fire
5) Same reason people collect anything really. It appeals to them.
Zippo tricks do look pretty neat. :U
I guess I can now understand..
Plus they have a really cool 'click' sound every time you open and close them. Good for fiddly people such as myself.
^ Khel, I couldn't agree with you more.

I really dislike anything that isn't matte though, despite the designs.

I had my 8-Ball for less than a day, and I dropped it, and now it`s scratched, and the hinge is messed a bit.

Im only going to stick with matte from now on, hah.
I own this one here.
[Image: Zippo-24011-rw-10392-29890.jpg]

Hopefully I'll get another for Christmas not sure what I like though.

EDIT: Just brought this, couldn't resist.
http://www.zippocasemuseum.com/index.asp...ductid=515
Oh, the Ace of Spades is just sweet! High-polish Chrome, right? Does it scratch easily? Because my 8-Ball is Licorice, and it scratches, which is why I'm sticking with matte finishes.
I've had a few over the years, but my favorite was my spade. I didn't have the one posted above. It had a single spade engraved in in the front and was matt black. :\ too bad I lost that. The only problem I have with Zippos really is how quickly they run out....atleast fluid is cheap on them.

Edit; in happier news, I quit using my lighters for unhealthy purposes (cigarettes) a year ago (in 4 days LMAO).
(Dec. 13, 2010  4:53 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Oh, the Ace of Spades is just sweet! High-polish Chrome, right? Does it scratch easily? Because my 8-Ball is Licorice, and it scratches, which is why I'm sticking with matte finishes.

Umm I usually keep it in my jeans and so far so good. -(Had it for about six months now)
The only thing I didn't like at first was that it was a more slimmer taller zippo when compared to the regular ones. It has grown on me however.

Also I agree exactly with what Khel said. I don't smoke (cigarettes that is Wink ), I'm just naturally a pretty fiddly person and just playing around with it seems to soothe the need to fiddle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHEjneBR...grec_index

I'm sure you've all seen it (I've probably seen this over 2 dozen times). But it's a classic.
I bought this quite a whiles ago, and I love it. Haha.
http://www.zippocasemuseum.com/uploads/P.../21067.jpg
That is a very good one!
Really? Tongue_out
I just bought it because my middle name is dragon. haha.
Good to know Tongue_out
(Dec. 11, 2010  8:31 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Although I do that on occasion, I'm no Pyro, heh.

I just saw this, was this meant to relate to me? Haha.
Tbh... yes. =P I think in the "How did you come up with your [user]name" Thread, you said you like fire, which is why I mentioned it. =D
(Dec. 14, 2010  3:54 AM)Pyro Wrote: Really? Tongue_out
I just bought it because my middle name is dragon. haha.
Good to know Tongue_out

definitely. I like it since the design isn't overbearing on the lighter. Red on black is always a nice color combo.
I used to have the Hidden Dragon Zippo as well; I gave mine away to a friend. T'is a great Zippo indeed.
Got this in the mail yesterday:
[Image: Zippo_20446_Sapphire_12-48_thumb.jpg]

My does it have a magnificent finish
totally want a WW2 4 hinged zippo. so hard to find, i'd pay millions