Zero Signature

[Image: zerosigiy1.png]

Another new signature, this time with Zero from the Megaman Zero games. I'm happy with the result, one of my best in a while I think. Full description here.

Haha, I hope this thread doesn't turn out like my Sonic one.
Once again, the signature itself is great, but the placement of the text "Kei" kind of throws everything off. What I'm saying is that it seems to just be randomly placed; it doesn't flow with the rest of the image.

Also, the word "Zero" down in the bottom left corner is way too blurred and hard to read -- maybe that's what you were aiming for, but I just thought I'd point it out anyhow. The placement on this text, however, is a little better as it aligns with Zero's blade or sword or whatever that is and the overall slanted angle of the image.

There are a few rough edges around Zero's head as well. Maybe this is due to the way the image was cut? Or was this a pre-rendered stock image? Either way, the pixelation around his head is really noticeable.

So basically, put "Kei" somewhere else where it makes more sense, because right now it looks tacked on, make "Zero" a little easier on the eyes and get rid of that nasty bit of pixelation. Wink
Roan Wrote:Once again, the signature itself is great, but the placement of the text "Kei" kind of throws everything off. What I'm saying is that it seems to just be randomly placed; it doesn't flow with the rest of the image.

Also, the word "Zero" down in the bottom left corner is way too blurred and hard to read -- maybe that's what you were aiming for, but I just thought I'd point it out anyhow. The placement on this text, however, is a little better as it aligns with Zero's blade or sword or whatever that is and the overall slanted angle of the image.

There are a few rough edges around Zero's head as well. Maybe this is due to the way the image was cut? Or was this a pre-rendered stock image? Either way, the pixelation around his head is really noticeable.

So basically, put "Kei" somewhere else where it makes more sense, because right now it looks tacked on, make "Zero" a little easier on the eyes and get rid of that nasty bit of pixelation. Wink
Well, I played around with text placement a lot for this one, two places on the sword, to the right of his head and to the right of the "Kei" text on his arm, but I figured what I chose was best. The "Zero" text is supposed to be blurry, it isn't really meant to be read, just to be there if you know what I mean. For some reason, I didn't like any clearly readable text being there, whether it be "Zero" or "Kei". Maybe if I put the "Kei" text on the hair below where it is right now?

It was pre-rendered, I got it off PR. I'll check out the original image again because I don't remember noticing that before, maybe became that way during the creation of the signature, who knows.

Thank you for the suggestions. Smile
Yeah I am basically reiterating exactly everything Roan said.
Fixed the "Kei" text, looks better?
[Image: zerosigfixedwj7.png]

Also, the rough edges you can see right now were originally on the render I believe. I don't think I did anything weird to it.
Maybe feather it a tad bit to soften it?
bugturtles Wrote:Maybe feather it a tad bit to soften it?

Feather what? Or do you mean just blur?
Feather the render by about 0.3 pixels (increase for a higher feather), then erase /delete the edges. This blurs (or slightly blurs depending on the amount of pixels you set) the edges of the image without blurring the whole image.
bugturtles Wrote:Feather the render by about 0.3 pixels (increase for a higher feather), then erase /delete the edges. This blurs (or slightly blurs depending on the amount of pixels you set) the edges of the image without blurring the whole image.

Hmm, okay. I'll see what I can do!
If that doesn't work, try this:

Select the layer the render is on (Control+Click the layer), go to Select->Modify->Border and set it to 2 or 3 pixels. Then apply a slight Gaussian blur to help mask the rough edges of the render.
lol why make it so hard when he can just grab the blur tool and pick a soft brush, then lightly blur it around the edges?
Silver Kane Wrote:lol why make it so hard when he can just grab the blur tool and pick a soft brush, then lightly blur it around the edges?

Sometimes the blur isn't all even and isn't of the same thickness/how far the blur goes into the render with this method.

If you make a mistake you can't really go back that far unless you start over (don't save changes, then open again in this case).
bugturtles Wrote:
Silver Kane Wrote:lol why make it so hard when he can just grab the blur tool and pick a soft brush, then lightly blur it around the edges?

Sometimes the blur isn't all even and isn't of the same thickness/how far the blur goes into the render with this method.

If you make a mistake you can't really go back that far unless you start over (don't save changes, then open again in this case).

yes you can go back
just press crtl(+alt)+v

you're not supposed to drag the blur tool all over the render, you're supposed to "click it" around the edges
Silver Kane Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:

yes you can go back
just press crtl(+alt)+v

you're not supposed to drag the blur tool all over the render, you're supposed to "click it" around the edges

This is what makes it harder to track back really far.

I always have that history 'tab' open to go back in with a mistake, but it can only go back so far.
I tried both Roan's and SK's suggestions, and this is what I came up with;
[Image: zerosigfixed2xw5.png]

The pixelation is definitely less noticeable.
I think the pixelation is still noticeable, and I would scrap the text altogether.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I think the pixelation is still noticeable, and I would scrap the text altogether.

Yeah, it is, but it's better than it was before. I don't see whats wrong with the text, it looks fine where it is I think.
I think the pixelation is fine just as long as you're not looking for it/being nitpicky lol.