Zero-G is dubbed "BEYBLADE: Shogun Steel".

Its not hasbro making this, its nelvana
(Dec. 14, 2012  2:23 AM)Tris Wrote: That logo looks just about the same as the previous six seasons of Beyblade. Nothing too drastic. Although, is that "warrior-thing" a part of the logo? It seems a tad bit odd. Also.

I think that "warrior-thing" is Ifraid. A bit childish like Kai-V mentioned, but it looks... Ok. Better than having a Pegasus swirled into the side, I suppose.

(Dec. 14, 2012  2:36 AM)Shogun Wrote: lol what a coincidence...it's my bloody username XD

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT AND NOW YOU'VE RUINED THE ENTIRE THING FOR EVERYONE WAAAHHHHH

Beyblade Wikia just edited everything to be Shogun Steel instead of Zero-G... Oh good lordy.
This means more episodes...? I am a happy duck, a very happy duck! Joyful_2

Hmm, as stated before, "Shogun Steel" seems to disgrace all the marketing benefits that "Zero-G" had to offer. :\ I honestly wonder how "Zyro" will be pronounced. If the 'y' is pronounced like a long 'i'... Oh, dear. That would be bothersome.
I like more that Zero-G logo than that 'Shogun Steel' one. That Shogun logo looks more like it could be on some old serie than new one.
(Dec. 14, 2012  3:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That logo is absolutely childish.

My thoughts exactly. The warrior guy and the flame look like something from a child's coloring book. I'm not impressed with it at all ...

The name itself is okay, I suppose, but the system itself is called Zero G... It's weird, I want to see the stadiums in te toyline, hehe.
(Dec. 14, 2012  8:37 AM)Duck Wrote: :\ I honestly wonder how "Zyro" will be pronounced. If the 'y' is pronounced like a long 'i'... Oh, dear. That would be bothersome.

I believe that it would be pronounced the same.
The logo...

Oh how I hate Nelvana right now. Couldn't they have just put the Face on the side like the old logos, and just change it to Ifraid's face? Agreed with Kai-V, that thing is absolutely childish.

Oh, and thanks for the photo, Tris.
Zero into Zyro.
Zero-G into Shogun Steel.

I think like everyone else i would also agree that the original names were better and that these are very weird names and i hate that logo. Mmm...just wondering what changes will happen to the beys(names and parts)!!?
(Dec. 13, 2012  9:53 PM)BH145WD Wrote: I wonder why Zero had to be renamed Zyro... It definitely isn't so difficult to say.

Maybe Zero sounds like he has 0 skills even though we know it's not true
Pretty much. That and using a somewhat detailed illustration on a logo is usually a mistake. It's hard to make it work.

Who thought Shogun Steel was a good idea? Kids don't even know what Shogun means or how it's related to the show. You'd need basic knowledge on Japanese history, which schools don't teach. I don't really understand what was wrong with Zero-G.

I think Nelvana and Hasbro are taking Beyblade less seriously by the season.

(Dec. 14, 2012  4:40 PM)NanoZero Wrote:
Pretty much. That and using a somewhat detailed illustration on a logo is usually a mistake. It's hard to make it work.

Who thought Shogun Steel was a good idea? Kids don't even know what Shogun means or how it's related to the show. You'd need basic knowledge on Japanese history, which schools don't teach. I don't really understand what was wrong with Zero-G.

I think Nelvana and Hasbro are taking Beyblade less seriously by the season.

i wish they'd stop "taking it less seriously." Beyblade is helping them make money not a joke franchise. The only reason they are making money is because of their loyal fans who watch the show and/or play the game. If they cant properly name the show or sell the product,(hasbro) they shouldnt have brought the show over in the first place. I think the problem is that some of the people who work for Nelvana and Hasbro lack brain cells!! lol I mean if people who were dedicated to Beyblade and went to this forum worked for these companies...they could give better advice and make better decisions. Smile
(Dec. 14, 2012  8:00 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Beyblade Wikia just edited everything to be Shogun Steel instead of Zero-G... Oh good lordy.

Thanks for the support. Considering we managed to rename the articles and change the terminology in a mere 90 minutes is good. It's an official season name, and it should therefore be named so. Just like Kai-V prefers names to be correct here, we prefer for names to be up to the dub standard there, meaning we'll use Dub terminology the majority of the time, unless we feel something absolutely doesn't need to be and can be confusing.

Honestly, I don't understand what people have against us. We're just doing out job as an encyclopedia, and it'd make our lives so much better to just have support for it for once...
I agree with you because you do whatever you want and it is fine, but I suppose that here, we would find it weird to do the same thing because we learned about that new system, that new series, that new season, those new Beyblades right when it came out, not once the dub came out, so using the original terminology shows this early knowledge more. When SonoKong released "Warrior" Ifraid, nobody changed anything in their terminology, so it is essentially the same here.
I can relate to that, yes, and I can see why original terms would be used. We simply use dub terminology as the majority of visitors to the Wiki aren't familiar with anything past where the dub reaches. I can't deny, I don't really like the name "Shogun Steel", nor Zero now being Zyro, but we updated the Wiki to be correct and up-to-date with the Dub, not to annoy everyone. On the SonoKong side of things, I don't really take them to be correct. While they're endorsed by Takara-Tomy, I've always had the policy "Takara-Tomy's name is correct, until the dub term is released". Though, this isn't the place to be talking about the toyline, so I'll end it at that.

I'm sorry Raigeko for getting annoyed, but I do believe that sometimes people look down on us without knowing our reasons.
I hope hasbro dos'nt first make hollowed out zero g beys or stupid fused together beys and then release the normal ones as hyperblades again...
This isn't the thread for that, shadoow, so please drop that nonsense. Or take it to the Hobby topic.

So is Zyro supposed to be pronounced the same as Zero? Because to me (as it's written) it would sound like Ziro with an 'i' sound or Zeero which is still a bit different from Zero-G where they use an 'eh' sound.
(Dec. 14, 2012  7:41 PM)Barreto Wrote: So is Zyro supposed to be pronounced the same as Zero? Because to me (as it's written) it would sound like Ziro with an 'i' sound or Zeero which is still a bit different from Zero-G where they use an 'eh' sound.

Yes, for people saying that Zyro and Zero are pronounced the same, they are not : the latter is pronounced 'zayro', while the first could be either 'zye-ro' or 'zeero'.
Is it me, or does Shogun Steel sound like a fake beyblade? Like Super High Point, things like that.
I'm gonna laugh if they rename Synchrom into Shogunners which also sounds awkward
I dunno about you guys but the new logo reminds me of the plastic logo, I'm ok with that but the name seems kinda....eeeeeh....oh well could be worse...
"Zyro" would be pronounced "Zee-row" though? I still think they'd be pronounced the same way, but Zyro may have a slightly elongated "e" sound.
(Dec. 15, 2012  4:09 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: "Zyro" would be pronounced "Zee-row" though? I still think they'd be pronounced the same way, but Zyro may have a slightly elongated "e" sound.

That is not how Zero's name is pronounced though. You can look at one of my previous posts.
Oh, I see now. Whoops, I need to stop skimming and scanning texts...
TBH, I do not hate that logo. I think it that while it doesn't really show Beyblade enough, it looks really cool.
Are we absolutely positive that's the official logo? Anime News Network posted an article that happened to link to an official Nelvana press release that has a different one.