Yugioh General Discussion

(Jan. 17, 2021  9:16 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:11 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: They didn't put Rook up there in the new segment [font=AvenirNext, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]¯[/font][font=AvenirNext, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]\_(ツ)_/¯[/font]

Yeah that’s odd, he’s supposed to be nearly as good as Yuga. Speaking of Yuga, I like how he’s a bit more realistic unlike SOME of the former protagonists (Yugi and Yusaku) in which he actually does lose even though he’s the best player.

I think it's about story relevance more than strength. Rook is apart of the main gang but those guys are the arc antagonists.
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:16 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:11 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: They didn't put Rook up there in the new segment [font=AvenirNext, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]¯[/font][font=AvenirNext, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]\_(ツ)_/¯[/font]

Yeah that’s odd, he’s supposed to be nearly as good as Yuga. Speaking of Yuga, I like how he’s a bit more realistic unlike SOME of the former protagonists (Yugi and Yusaku) in which he actually does lose even though he’s the best player.

Yugi was understandable though since he was an ancient Egyptian pharaoh who saved the world and all. I think you meant Judai instead of Yugi.
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:18 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:16 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah that’s odd, he’s supposed to be nearly as good as Yuga. Speaking of Yuga, I like how he’s a bit more realistic unlike SOME of the former protagonists (Yugi and Yusaku) in which he actually does lose even though he’s the best player.

Yugi was understandable though since he was an ancient Egyptian pharaoh who saved the world and all. I think you meant Judai instead of Yugi.

Jaden lost a bit so it seems fine to me. Yugi could have lost some casual duels.
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:43 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:18 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Yugi was understandable though since he was an ancient Egyptian pharaoh who saved the world and all. I think you meant Judai instead of Yugi.

Jaden lost a bit so it seems fine to me. Yugi could have lost some casual duels.

Yami Yugi was an ancient pharaoh so it kind of makes sense that he would win a lot and hardly ever lose(he lost to Raphael so there’s that, and most people are saying that he lost to Joey he even lost to Pegasus that one time).
(Jan. 17, 2021  10:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2021  9:43 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Jaden lost a bit so it seems fine to me. Yugi could have lost some casual duels.

Yami Yugi was an ancient pharaoh so it kind of makes sense that he would win a lot and hardly ever lose(he lost to Raphael so there’s that, and most people are saying that he lost to Joey he even lost to Pegasus that one time).

Sure that may be an explanation but in terms of writings it’s kind of lame. I was so satisfied when Yugi crushed him in that final episode.
(Jan. 17, 2021  10:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2021  10:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Yami Yugi was an ancient pharaoh so it kind of makes sense that he would win a lot and hardly ever lose(he lost to Raphael so there’s that, and most people are saying that he lost to Joey he even lost to Pegasus that one time).

Sure that may be an explanation but in terms of writings it’s kind of lame. I was so satisfied when Yugi crushed him in that final episode.

Yugi beating Yami was the perfect ending and one of the greatest endings of all time. It’s a good thing in DSOD (spoiler ahead)
(Jan. 17, 2021  10:09 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2021  10:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Sure that may be an explanation but in terms of writings it’s kind of lame. I was so satisfied when Yugi crushed him in that final episode.

Yugi beating Yami was the perfect ending and one of the greatest endings of all time. It’s a good thing in DSOD (spoiler ahead)

Yeah it was. Even the creator of the Yugioh manga said that he always intended for Yugi to beat Yami in the final duel.
Remember that time when Neil just drops a bunch of satellites on his city.
(Jan. 17, 2021  11:05 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Remember that time when Neil just drops a bunch of satellites on his city.

Remember when Kaiba screwed the rules because he had money.
https://aqstream.com/jp/tvt/TV-Tokyo

Better way to watch Sevens when it airs apparently. Looks good to me.
(Jan. 17, 2021  11:05 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Remember that time when Neil just drops a bunch of satellites on his city.

Little Neil: If I can't go see meteors, I'll bring the meteors down here!
My biggest dueling nexus peeve:
When people know they can’t win so they just try to make you quit by stalling time.
(Jan. 22, 2021  7:50 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: My biggest dueling nexus peeve:
When people know they can’t win so they just try to make you quit by stalling time.

Saaaame.

Btw, I always wanted to ask: What's your favorite Deck style, everyone?
(Jan. 25, 2021  9:48 AM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2021  7:50 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: My biggest dueling nexus peeve:

Saaaame.

Btw, I always wanted to ask: What's your favorite Deck style, everyone?

My favorite deck style is probably HEROES, but I also like Exodia. My third favorite is cyber dark or Yubel.

I want you to type it with me, 10 100 1000 MANJOME THUNDER.
That's not what I meant by style XD.
I was more asking what Deck gimmicks you prefer: OTK, Control, Stall, Swarm, etc...
(Jan. 27, 2021  7:01 AM)PinkRose Wrote: That's not what I meant by style XD.
I was more asking what Deck gimmicks you prefer: OTK, Control, Stall, Swarm, etc...

My favourite would probably be otk, simple and effective. Additionally (I know you didn’t ask but allow this) my least favourite would probably be stun. Stun decks are just so aggravating, like seriously, if the Yugioh irl card game had an antagonist it would definitely be fossil dyna.
(Jan. 27, 2021  7:39 AM)Zeutron Wrote: My favourite would probably be otk, simple and effective. Additionally (I know you didn’t ask but allow this) my least favourite would probably be stun. Stun decks are just so aggravating, like seriously, if the Yugioh irl card game had an antagonist it would definitely be fossil dyna.

It's ok, I actually agree. OTK is pretty cool to play (Swarm is nice too I guess), but Stun is all kinds of annoying.
Gotta say tho, if there was an antagonist, I think it'd be Subterror Guru (God, I hate that Deck).
I really miss old Yugioh when things were simple and people weren’t special summoning their entire deck onto the field and playing on your turn.
Through the Dream Mirror of Joy, we take a look at the concept art for Neiroy, the Dream Mirror Disciple, who’s joining the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! at this weekend’s Blazing Vortex Premiere!
https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_TCG/status/13...1848695811
(Jan. 10, 2021  9:28 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2021  10:46 AM)PinkRose Wrote: I still prefer the D-HERO draw version cuz it's more consistent, but here are some tips for this one:
Cut all the Winged Kuribohs and their Flutes (they're not that great) and add 1 each of Metaverse and Terraforming (you wanna search Mystic Mine as soon as possible for stalling), 2 Exodia Incarnate, and I guess more Marshmallons?

Honestly is Mystic mine even worth playing at this point? Thanks to Eldlich pretty much everyone is running additional back row so the odds of actually performing good with the deck in a consistent meta are low.

Probably a bit too late, but Mystic Mine prevents monster effects. This combined with Solemn Judgment/Strike can keep mystic mine on the field for quite some time making it very reliable especially with decks now relying on cards that allow the player to special summon or draw more cards. Field barrier also prevents it from going away.
Just a question, how well are the returning gx members treated in arc-V?
(Jan. 29, 2021  7:35 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Just a question, how well are the returning gx members treated in arc-V?

One word: HORRIBLE. Honestly the only legacy characters who got their time to shine were Jack and Crow, and that's really sad since the GX cast was my fav.
Edo doesn't act like Edo, joins the EGAO squad after losing to Yuuya, and his win record is trash (One draw and three losses).
Asuka only Dueled TWICE and then basically died (At least she got one win, but that was against three random police dudes).
Man, I sure sound like I'm ranting here. Didn't mean to bash the series that much (it's actually my favorite), but they treated the GX legacy characters really, really bad and I can't forgive them for it.