You must now enter personal information into your profile. Please read.

(Dec. 09, 2008  10:35 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: Done and Done Smile

Thanks.

I understand people may feel uncomfortable about this, but I ask you to understand this: what the heck can I do with your information anyway? In the worst case scenario, I might send you something for free. Speechless
I agree with Brad.There is nothing he could do with this info..It works well now.
I trust you guys, so the info has been added. Is it 100% secure. Security is the only thing playing on my mind.
why r u so worried bout security within this site??? its just the staff, nd seriously; wat could they really do even if they wanted to??? (which they dont)
take a chill pill nd relax bout the info, it will be 100% secure, u obviosly dont trust beybrad with the site if ur worrying so much bout it
I'm not worried about the staff, I trust them. Am I the only person that has though of the term HACK. I know this site isn't that big to be worried about such an event. But in the instance the site gets big enough, this would need to be taken into consideration.
hmm, well now i see ur point, but as u said the site isnt big enough right now, but as it and its member count grows im sure someone will take that up as an issue, i see why ur worried now, the only question i have now is why would someone want to hack the wbo? but no i see ur point now, sorry.
i do a bit of software designing myself so i wouldnt mind being part of making some sort of protection against hackers
(Dec. 09, 2008  6:22 PM)The Shredder Wrote: the only question i have now is why would someone want to hack the wbo?

I don't know, maybe being a website for a large fan base that hold personal details is a big enough bait to target.
(Dec. 09, 2008  6:12 PM)The Shredder Wrote: wat could they really do even if they wanted to???
If someone that has your NAME PHONE# and ADRESS; that means that person has acces to you directly, which could actually be a bad thing.
We are not 100% secure. No site is 100% secure. However, we are 99% secure and this info is fairly useless to any hackers. It's not like I'm asking for your credit card.

What do you think someone is going to do with your phone number? You think you're that special? Tongue_out
the worst someone could do with your address is send you a bomb or some disease in an envelope, though I really doubt they'd be looking for people of no actual political importance to kill.
So It's all safe.
As for phone, what they gonna do, prank call you? Tongue_out
Okay, quick point. As you said before, although it's advised, you're not forcing anybody to give out their details. However, if they choose not to, they can no longer edit their profile as it doesn't allow you to update any data unless those fields are filled in. Just something you may want to consider.....
what if you dotn have a cell phone??
(Feb. 25, 2009  1:52 AM)sousa98 Wrote: what if you dotn have a cell phone??

1. Why did you bump such an old thread? We don't require this any more.
2. We never said anything about cell phones.

Closed.