You must now enter personal information into your profile. Please read.

Effective immediately, all users must go to their User CP, Edit Profile, and enter their name, phone number, and full address.

... wait, what!? What do you want that for!?

Relax, we're not going to do anything with it. We've realized just shortly after opening the WBO that cheaters are going to be an issue, and we're doing this to deter cheating. Your information will never be shared outside of the WBO and can only be viewed by staff members here.

If you choose not to provide accurate information, that is your choice; however, you will not be allowed to participate in the World Battle System.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Wait a minute. what if we live in a different country?
(Dec. 08, 2008  9:16 AM)revertedtozero Wrote: Wait a minute. what if we live in a different country?

Huh?
(Dec. 08, 2008  9:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2008  9:16 AM)revertedtozero Wrote: Wait a minute. what if we live in a different country?

Huh?

Since there are people from the USA, Britain and as far as Australia, and that the WBO is in Canada, will that be a challenge if you had to send something to any country whatsoever?
(Dec. 08, 2008  9:29 AM)revertedtozero Wrote:

Huh?

Since there are people from the USA, Britain and as far as Australia, and that the WBO is in Canada, will that be a challenge if you had to send something to any country whatsoever?

Just enter your full address, including your country. It doesn't matter which country you live in.
(Dec. 08, 2008  9:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Huh?

Just enter your full address, including your country. It doesn't matter which country you live in.

Thanks, are you sure you won't do anything horrible?
This is a gr8 idea, it'll keep the world rankings fair, I don't see why any1 should have a problem releasing this small amount of private info to the staff of WBO
(Dec. 08, 2008  9:33 AM)revertedtozero Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2008  9:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Huh?

Thanks, are you sure you won't do anything horrible?

He might put you down as a girl instead?
LOL

This information will never, ever leave the WBO staff.
Right, this info will not be viewable via the user profile, available to other users etc? I'm just curious as my profile can be found through searching google. Just these few questions need to be answered before I edit my details.
Hey i cant enter my real name or phone number.. Whats wrong with it?
Yeah I cant either! wats wrong with the page? I can't type any letters or numbers into the fields
It is an issue with the permissions for thos fields. Brad will sort it when he is online.

*woot, 600 posts. Nearlly 1000*
it will not let me put text in the boxes for the info
(Dec. 08, 2008  3:17 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: It is an issue with the permissions for those fields. Brad will sort it when he is online.
Wait, is this going on our profile for all to see?
(Dec. 08, 2008  11:35 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: Wait, is this going on our profile for all to see?

Look in the first post. Only the staff can see this information.
guys i have no idea why it's not letting you enter it, but i will post here as soon as it's working

for some reason it's working for me and no one else
Maybe it has something to do with the browser?
(Dec. 09, 2008  12:52 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: Maybe it has something to do with the browser?

Still for it not to work for so many people is unacceptable.
i wouldn't work on my Firefox browser, worked fine on my wii though yo brad what browser where u usin?
(Dec. 09, 2008  1:37 AM)savatoex Wrote: i wouldn't work on my Firefox browser, worked fine on my wii though yo brad what browser where u usin?

Safari.
Should be working now. There was a bug in the software that prevented editing the field if the maximum length was set to infinite in certain browsers. That's why only some people were affected. Please update your profiles now.