Yoga

Since I noticed that a lot of people seemed to like Yoga on here, and I thought it deserved its own topic, here is a place to discuss about yoga. What type do you practice? Do you do it often? Does it help in anyway? etc. Talk all about it here.

When I was about 10, I did some Bikram yoga. It was so difficult, but it made me really flexible, which helped me a lot. I still do some basic maneuvers when I can too.
I love you. (not actually, ahah)

Like I wrote before, I do hatha yoga.

Every Wednesday. P90X yoga. I can't wait until p90x mc2, more yoga will be in it.

Helps fantastically. Focus, Flexibility, balance, coordination, calmness of mind.
Yoga makes life better.
The fountain of youth.

Namaste.
Of course, my mom actually used to do yoga in a 120 degree room. Really loosens up the muscles, and yoga actually doesn't make you sore in the morning. Always a good thing. And P90X MC2? Nice, I'm sure you'll definitely enjoy yourself in that. I've seen demonstrations, it requires some serious ability to do yoga normally without pain before hand, or it will hurt you like crazy.
P90x mc 2 is a new 90 day program that also has 12 discs, just like p90 x. It's created by the same guy.

Hot yoga has never really appealed to me. One that does is one made by Tony Horton (dude that made p90x), which is called Patience hummingbird. It's basically you hold moves for a longer period of time.
From what I've seen on the general health thread, a lot of people do Yoga on here. No surprise, it's a great all-around exercise, and gets you feeling great no matter what time of the day it is. And speaking of which, does anyone do kenpo-influenced positions in their yoga? I heard it's great for your abs.
I do kenpo, and some of the stretches in that have yoga poses in that.
I haven't heard of kenpo influenced yoga moves.

But the yoga I do has what's called "yoga belly 7 times"
You basically do 7 ab exercises, each where you hold the position
I tried doing yoga and it didn't feel good. All it did was make me hot.
The influence comes from the Crane Style Chi Gong, which influenced many modern yoga moves. This is the result of yoga from India reaching the China-controlled Nepal areas when it was still under their control. The actual yoga is called Tibetan Kung Nyay. It mixed with kenpo, and shazam! mixed style yoga moves. It's good for routine exercise, and helps calm your mind and develop your breathing.
(Apr. 18, 2011  11:53 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: I tried doing yoga and it didn't feel good. All it did was make me hot.

You can take that multiple ways XD. And what type of yoga did you do? Was it Bikram yoga? Try doing p90x, it's better for muscles in general.
(Apr. 18, 2011  11:57 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: The influence comes from the Crane Style Chi Gong, which influenced many modern yoga moves. This is the result of yoga from India reaching the China-controlled Nepal areas when it was still under their control. The actual yoga is called Tibetan Kung Nyay. It mixed with kenpo, and shazam! mixed style yoga moves. It's good for routine exercise, and helps calm your mind and develop your breathing.
(Apr. 18, 2011  11:53 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: I tried doing yoga and it didn't feel good. All it did was make me hot.

You can take that multiple ways XD. And what type of yoga did you do? Was it Bikram yoga? Try doing p90x, it's better for muscles in general.

I tried iyengar......It said that on the back of the DVD.

yoga takes a lot of time and will going to help ur body in future

and do u all know it originated in my country (india)
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:11 PM)bladeruler Wrote:

Well you didn't have to tell me that because I going to quit doing yoga. I really don't don't like the way it relaxes me, I prefer to think about biting people to death or working out.

I guess I'm just not fit for yoga, after all it makes me look stupid anyway.
Dude... That's just weird....

You don't want to do yoga because you think it makes you look stupid, but you think that contemplating about biting people to death isn't...

....and mine. -points to multiple references by me and picture that shows I'm Indian-

And in what way is yoga stupid? You aren't doing somersaults off of a springboard, you're loosening your body and strengthening your mind and soul. What's stupid about that?
(Apr. 21, 2011  12:00 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:

....and mine. -points to multiple references by me and picture that shows I'm Indian-

And in what way is yoga stupid? You aren't doing somersaults off of a springboard, you're loosening your body and strengthening your mind and soul. What's stupid about that?

I never said yoga was stupid. I said "it makes me look stupid."

What I'm trying to say is that yoga isn't for people like me. I like action; yoga is just too slow.
(Apr. 20, 2011  11:54 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Dude... That's just weird....

You don't want to do yoga because you think it makes you look stupid, but you think that contemplating about biting people to death isn't...

Yes.
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:51 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote:

Well you didn't have to tell me that because I going to quit doing yoga. I really don't don't like the way it relaxes me, I prefer to think about biting people to death or working out.

So you don't like being relaxed or having a chance to be? About 80% of the moms in North America would kill to actually have the chance to relax. But seriously, what? And still, how does yoga make you look stupid? My argument from the previous post still stands.
(Apr. 21, 2011  2:36 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2011  5:51 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote:

So you don't like being relaxed or having a chance to be? About 80% of the moms in North America would kill to actually have the chance to relax. But seriously, what? And still, how does yoga make you look stupid? My argument from the previous post still stands.

I already told you the way I relax. Like I said in one of my previous post, yoga makes my body hot. Being hot is not a comfortable way to relax. It makes me look stupid because there are weird movements that you have to do in yoga.
(Apr. 22, 2011  12:21 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=yoga...81&bih=661

http://www.google.ca/search?um=1&hl=en&b...g2&aql=&oq=

Try those.
Then tell me if yoga moves are stupid.

Yeah, yoga moves are weird Chocked_2........

I can do the crane pose and hold it for 33 seconds, but not the wheel pose.
Do people call you stupid for doing it? Or is it just that you feel like you look stupid? I thought you were the person who ignored what others said and bit them to death anyways?

And I heard that you got that P90X+ SSJ, have fun with it!
this is the "patience hummingbird" routine i told you about:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BeachbodyVid...Hpj3gGj2Dc

and another one that looks fun:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BeachbodyVid...O4OvGelO3k

DAAAAYYUUUMMMM! He's 52? He really keeps himself in shape.
(Apr. 24, 2011  3:02 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Do people call you stupid for doing it? Or is it just that you feel like you look stupid? I thought you were the person who ignored what others said and bit them to death anyways?

And I heard that you got that P90X+ SSJ, have fun with it!

I feel that it makes me look stupid. No one was around when I tried to do yoga.