Worried about the arguing.

Okay, since your all smart, answer these questions:

Physical Evidence:

1. Where did space and the Universe come from?

2. Where did matter come from?

3. Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)

4. How did matter get so perfectly organized?

5.Where did energy come from to do all the organizing?

6. When, where, why, and how did life come from dead matter?

7. When where, why, and how did life learn to reproduce itself?

8.With what did the first cell capable of sexual reproduction reproduce?

9. Why would any plant or animal want to reproduce more of its kind since this world would only make mor sense and decrease the chances of survival? (Does the individual have to drive to survive, or the species? How do you explain this?

10. How can mutations (recombining the genetic code) create any new, improved varities?

11. Is it possible that similarities in design between different animals prove a common creator instead of a common ancestor?

12. Natural selection only works with the genetic information available and tends to only keep a species stable. How would you explain the increasing complexity in the genetic code that must have occured if evolution were true?

13. When, where, why, and how did: a) a single celled plant become multicelled? (Where are the two- and three celled intermeadiates?) b) Single celled animals evolve? c) Fish change to amphibians? d) Amphibians change into reptiles? (The lungs, bones, eyes, body covering, etc., are all very different. How did the intermidiate forms live?

14. When, where, why, and from what did :a) Whales evolve? b) Eyes evolve? c) Ears evolve d) Hair, skin, feathers, scales, nails, claws, etc., evolve?

15. Which evolved first (how, and how long, did it work without others?) a) The digestive system, the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to find the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to eat the food, the digestive juices, or the body's own resistence to it's digestive juice (stomach, intestines, etc.)? b) The drive to reproduce or the ability to reproduce? c) The Lungs, the mucus lining to protect them, the throat, or the perfect mixture of gases to be breathed into the lungs? d) DNA or RNA to carry out information to the cell's parts? e) The termite or flagella in its intestines that actually digest the cellulose? f) The plants or the insects that live on and pollinate the plants? g) The bones, ligaments, tendons, blood supply, or muscles to move the bones? h) The nervous system, repair system, or hormone system? i) The immune system or need for it?

I don't take credit for this work, it was made by a freind on youtube.
I'm pretty sure none of us are biologists or physicists. We're a bunch of teenagers on the internet.
Unknown, it's over, give it a rest.

I'm sorry for letting things get out of hand. You're a kid, and I'm an adult, and I should've known better. I didn't realize you were only fourteen until just now.

The people here will continue arguing if you continue wanting to argue, as your post above indicates. However, if you provoke them, you can't blame them for arguing with you.

In short: I am sorry for not stopping things sooner, I am NOT sorry for telling you not to force your religion on me (even though you still are).
Tamer Brad Wrote:Unknown, it's over, give it a rest.

I'm sorry for letting things get out of hand. You're a kid, and I'm an adult, and I should've known better. I didn't realize you were only fourteen until just now.

The people here will continue arguing if you continue wanting to argue, as your post above indicates. However, if you provoke them, you can't blame them for arguing with you.

In short: I am sorry for not stopping things sooner, I am NOT sorry for telling you not to force your religion on me (even though you still are).

I'm not fourteen however I respect your descion. Don't argue with me if you can't answer the questions.
TheUnkownGod Wrote:

I'm not fourteen however I respect your descion. Don't argue with me if you can't answer the questions.

How old are you?
Tamer Brad Wrote:
TheUnkownGod Wrote:

How old are you?

I'm only 15, I'm not saying that makes a difference I'm just letting you know.
All right.

By the way, those questions aren't really fair considering they require lengthy answers on our end, but you can answer them all with, "God did it." Nobody bother taking his bait, he's been warned, if he doesn't stop he'll be banned soon enough. Let him feel great if that's what he wants, we all know what's really going on.

Goodnight, all.
Tamer Brad Wrote:All right.

By the way, those questions aren't really fair considering they require lengthy answers on our end, but you can answer them all with, "God did it." Nobody bother taking his bait, he's been warned, if he doesn't stop he'll be banned soon enough. Let him feel great if that's what he wants, we all know what's really going on.

Goodnight, all.

I'll be praying for you all.
you can't force your opinions on others. if someone is never going to agree, the attempt is futile.

But, if you try to logically arguesomething and the other person is fully willing to open-mindedly consider it, go ahead (i got news 4 u, this is rarely the case)

People must realise this.

As for god and religion, I have so much more to say on this but honestly i can't be carp going on about it right now.

And where are the lesbians, i didn't see them! Pinching_eyes <3
I think the world would be a lot more progressive if people wern't given the false hope of an after-life. Why waste your life slaving away to some invisible master who may or may not exist? You only live once, so quit wasting your time telling others how they should live their lives, and go out and live your own. I honestly don't care what you believe in. You have all the right in the world to believe what you will, and so do I.
Minion, this argument is over and I really don't feel like having it start up again. :\
Jeez, arguing religion here is basically useless. 89% or more of the people here are atheist or nihilist or whatever. That's usually the reason I try to stay out of such arguements.
TheUnkownGod Wrote:Okay, since your all smart, answer these questions:

Physical Evidence:

1. Where did space and the Universe come from?

2. Where did matter come from?

3. Where did the laws of the universe come from (gravity, inertia, etc.)

4. How did matter get so perfectly organized?

5.Where did energy come from to do all the organizing?

6. When, where, why, and how did life come from dead matter?
7. When where, why, and how did life learn to reproduce itself?

8.With what did the first cell capable of sexual reproduction reproduce?

9. Why would any plant or animal want to reproduce more of its kind since this world would only make mor sense and decrease the chances of survival? (Does the individual have to drive to survive, or the species? How do you explain this?

10. How can mutations (recombining the genetic code) create any new, improved varities?

11. Is it possible that similarities in design between different animals prove a common creator instead of a common ancestor?

12. Natural selection only works with the genetic information available and tends to only keep a species stable. How would you explain the increasing complexity in the genetic code that must have occured if evolution were true?

13. When, where, why, and how did: a) a single celled plant become multicelled? (Where are the two- and three celled intermeadiates?) b) Single celled animals evolve? c) Fish change to amphibians? d) Amphibians change into reptiles? (The lungs, bones, eyes, body covering, etc., are all very different. How did the intermidiate forms live?

14. When, where, why, and from what did :a) Whales evolve? b) Eyes evolve? c) Ears evolve d) Hair, skin, feathers, scales, nails, claws, etc., evolve?

15. Which evolved first (how, and how long, did it work without others?) a) The digestive system, the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to find the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to eat the food, the digestive juices, or the body's own resistence to it's digestive juice (stomach, intestines, etc.)? b) The drive to reproduce or the ability to reproduce? c) The Lungs, the mucus lining to protect them, the throat, or the perfect mixture of gases to be breathed into the lungs? d) DNA or RNA to carry out information to the cell's parts? e) The termite or flagella in its intestines that actually digest the cellulose? f) The plants or the insects that live on and pollinate the plants? g) The bones, ligaments, tendons, blood supply, or muscles to move the bones? h) The nervous system, repair system, or hormone system? i) The immune system or need for it?

I don't take credit for this work, it was made by a freind on youtube.

oh oh i know i know!

1) Space is created due to the expansion of matter into a void. The Universe was created after an extremely dense collection of matter underwent a reaction causing it to violently explode sending masses of matter (mostly hydrogen and helium i believe) spreading out into the void creating space

2) This one unfortunatly i havent found the answer to. but just because we havent found the answer yet doesnt mean we wont

3) The laws of the universe are a direct result between interactions between energy and matter. To explain your examples gravity is a force describing the relationship between two objects of any mass and the distance between them. It is a direct result of the gravitational fields produced by all objects and thier interaction according to the equation

F = GMm/r^2

inertia is the tendency of an object to resist change. it relates to the amount of force needed in order to change an objects speed, acceleration, and other things following the equation

p=mv

4) The reason matter is so perfectly organized is due to the variety of intermolecular as well as intra molecular forces that exist. through covalent, ionic, London-dispersion, dipole-dipole, hydrogen bonding (he he i just had a funny thought hydrogen bondage), and a number of others protons and electrons are allowed to interact with each other due to a variety of electric charges that each carries. then the total charge on the atom will allow it to interact with others to form a variety of molecules (i dont feel like getting into the finer points of chemistry cause i hate it, but there are a number of other chemical procceses and reasons for why matter arranges itself in certain ways)

5) Energy is the byproduct of chemical reactions. Energy is created as a result of many types of reactions and can cover a wide spectrum. Light for instance can be created through the nuclear fusion of hydrogen atoms inside the sun. Due to this reaction a large amount of energy is created resulting in the giant fire ball you see floating above you, and because the energy (or radiation, both terms are correct) released is electromagnetic in nature and consists of a certain spectrum of wavelengths we are able to perceive it because our eyes can detect that small spectrum

6) Life came from dead matter through the arranging of certain carbon based compounds (because of the wonders of carbons interactions with other atoms. read into organic chemistry if you dont believe me) coming together to form single celled organisms. through time as these organisms existed they began to evolve, and multiply slowly adapting to the situation they found themselves in, aka evolution/mutation, to the point where they begin to develop complex cellular structures.

7) Life "learned" to reproduce its self as a means of survival. originally most organisms reproduced asexually but as they evolved and grew more complex they developed "other" means. ill leave a biologist to explain more of this to you

8) This is probably the most simple question ever: Itself. Next

9) um...reproduction is a means of survival itself. if it doesnt reproduce then the species will die out. as well as the only way evolution can take place is the minute changes that occur in each reproduction of the species.

10) Unfortunately i am not a geneticist, and have a very limited knowledge on biology. though what i do know is that DNA is a complex structure of certain acids which essentially determine everything about that cells operations as well as the information about the entire organism. if any of this is changed then it means the information it contains is changed. and once enough information is changed evolution takes place and new lifeforms can be created.

11) If by common creator you mean common species then yes. there are a number of species today that can be linked back to the same evolutionary line. the reason they are so different today is at some point one group went one way, another somewhere else, and due to thier different environments evolved differently. The same with humans. there were actually a number of different species that evolved that shared similar appearances and biology, though there were major differences like ability to adapt, brain capacity, and some other things. (saw this on the discovery channel once)

12) first off there is no "set amount" for genetic code. DNA changes and is modified depending on the conditions. For example if there were some harsh part of your environment the human body would naturally try to adapt and then when reproduction occurs these changes would be passed to the next child and it would repeat. that is how darker skinned humans were born. they lived in an environment with alot of exposure to the sun, which, as well as producing light, producing UV radiation which is harmful to the skin. in order to adapt to this they developed darker skin over the course of generations. that why its harder for them to get a sun burn.

just because the information "isnt available" doenst mean that it wont be created

13) a) first off there is no such thing as a single celled plant/animal/fish/bird or any other classification of complex life. single celled organisms are bacteria. these eventually evolved into multi-celled organisms, which then began to develop depending on thier situations. some became plants, while others evolved into fish, then once they reached land, they became animals.
b) same as a
c) fish evolved into amphibians through thier interactions with shallow water and the land associated with it. and first off contrary to popular belief fish dont breath water. they breath the oxygen in water. water is drawn in and then oxygen is then filtered out of the water and into what ever organs they had to process the oxygen and cycle it through thier bodies. when fish began to journey on land with thier evolved appendages they gained the ability to both filter oxygen from water and to draw it directly from air (which is only 25ish% oxygen by the way)
d) all those organs developed gradually over time. yes each organ is different and the reason they are different is because they evolved in order to complete specific tasks necessary for survival

14) are you freaking joking? do you have common sense? Whales evolved because they lived in deep preassure environments and therefore needed a big/strong body in order to not get crushed. Eyes evolved from the need for an organism to have exterior perception of the environment around them, as well as how all those other things you listed have REASONS for existing.

15) a) this is just retarded. "food" is a byproduct of plants and animals. the reason we need food is because they contain a variety of proteins and chemicals necessary for survival. food didnt just develop because there was a digestive track. and the digestive track is a direct result of how single celled organisms would find and inject similar proteins so that they could sustain all their various parts (yes individual cells have parts. much like organs. they even have things resembling a stomach, heart, and even a brain). the ability to find food is instinct. it developed because there is a need to find food. the appetite didnt evolve. its the result of your body needing fuel to survive so it tells the stomach to do something. then it starts to suck on air and thats when you hear it growl which means "oi retard if you dont put food in me soon ill just eat myself. see if i care later when your on the floor with internal bleeding from an ulcer"
b) you already asked this and im not going to repeat myself
c) all these things are direct results of evolution. adaptation to find what works the best. and what perfect mixture of gases? all you need is the oxygen. albeit too much is a bad thing but the 25% that exists in the atmosphere is more the enough as can be obviously seen
d) why is it always what came first with you? what about what happened at the exact same goddam time? do you know what DNA and RNA do? RNA translates the information from DNA into usable proteins that the cell can use
e) first off anything developed in the digestive track of anything only developed because the organism needed it, and second flagella is the pail of a single celled organism...like sperm...

ok the rest of them are pretty stupid now...nothing "came first". they are all a direct result of thousands of years of evolution and developed at the same goddam time!
Wow, I cant believe how far you guys took that. He may have been an carp, but that doesn't make it right for the whole board to gang up on him in a manner just as bad.(minus Artie for the most part)

Religion is based on faith, which means factual arguments won't get you anywhere in his books. I think the topic should have been locked on the first page. It's wasn't a necessary argument. Having opinions is fine, but stating them in a ridiculing and demeaning manner is what should be watched out for. Every person who posted in the topic was guilty of that at one point or another.
Juv Wrote:I think its time to put my two cents in. Firstly I think a lot of you people out here are to young to properly understand religion and to be able to look at both sides objectively.

Me, I was brought up a catholic however at the moment I do not fully believe in all the teachings of catholicism. I believe there is 'A God' I just have my reserves about the religions around the world today.

That being said I am very accepting of other peoples beliefs, I do not judge and I do not make fun of anyones beliefs. Yes, there are times when religion is humorous but I think that this topic (http://forums.beywiki.com/showthread.php?tid=172&page=1) has gone beyond, to a point where it is now an attack on ones belief.

Many people believe in many things, a lot of religions believe there are Gods in every living thing, in the water, sky, the sun and the moon. I do not laugh nor do I judge them on what I may consider to not make sense. I do believe that fighting over religion is unacceptable. That even though we may believe or not believe is a matter for the individual and not for 3rd parties to question ones beliefs.

Religion is a serious matter, but you should not take it to a point where it is causing you distress. Its ok to stand up for what you believe, but you should not force it on others.

Finally, I understand that this will probably not stop the arguing but I hope that at least you guys will read it and perhaps be able to see both sides objectively.

Thought I would copy and paste this because its such a nice piece of writing Joyful_3
Lmao. You have him explain the universe so I will have you explain the bible. There are a million flaws in the bible. I'll just choose one. If Adam and Eve only had two sons, how did the rest of humanity come into existence?
incest?
Juv, he started the forcing of beliefs, and a number of members said they respect his faith, but please don't force it on them.

As for me, I'm honestly indifferent to religion. One one side, everything I believe shows me that a God is silly and ridiculous. Yet, with my expertise in Biology shows that every living creature is nearly perfect to their function. It's insane.

I'm just not arrogant to go around preaching my beliefs as fact.
Fleetscut Wrote:incest?

One of the two killed his brother. Adam and Eve passed away sometime after one of the two brothers killed the other.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Lmao. You have him explain the universe so I will have you explain the bible. There are a million flaws in the bible. I'll just choose one. If Adam and Eve only had two sons, how did the rest of humanity come into existence?

The Bible presupposes other people, as shown when Cain says "but surely they will kill me".

Guys, even Chritians know which parts of the Bible are regarded as folk tale, saga, or historical fiction. The first half of Genesis is roughly folk take, up until Abraham, where it goes into more of a saga.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:

One of the two killed his brother. Adam and Eve passed away sometime after one of the two brothers killed the other.

Uh...no. Adam and Eve have a third son, and they live to be around ~300 years old.
Artie Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:

Uh...no. Adam and Eve have a third son, and they live to be around ~300 years old.

Show me where it says that. And even if you are right, how does this third son have children?
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:

Show me where it says that. And even if you are right, how does this third son have children?

Genesis 4:25

She has a son named Seth, who in turn had a son named Enosh. Meanwhile, Cain is off at Enoch (named after his son), and he is supposed to have founded that city.

Let me remind you, the Bible presupposes other civilizations and Gods. Why? Because they were henotheists.

Genesis 5:3

'The whole lifetime of Adam was 999 years, then he died"

I study this carp daily dude, I know what I'm talking about lol.
Artie Wrote:Juv, he started the forcing of beliefs, and a number of members said they respect his faith, but please don't force it on them.

As for me, I'm honestly indifferent to religion. One one side, everything I believe shows me that a God is silly and ridiculous. Yet, with my expertise in Biology shows that every living creature is nearly perfect to their function. It's insane.

I'm just not arrogant to go around preaching my beliefs as fact.

Did my writing sound like it was sided to one side?

Wasn't ment to be if it does.
Jeez did you guys like not read the title? I'm locking this for now until Brad gets back.