World of Warcraft

(May. 31, 2009  3:35 PM)beybladeunkwon Wrote: why is meaningless for unded

Well, with the racial abilities it would be more advantageous to be a rogue.
What do you mean by that? Are you saying because Warriors already are able to counter fears?

The racial abilities are still useful to all the classes Undead can be, so I don't know why you'd say that.
Beginning to hate the lack of World PvP in Wrath. Before you mention wintergrasp, sitting in a tank stabbing "1" is not PvP. Or at least not GOOD PvP.
do others agree with me when I say Gurubashi Arena shouldn't allow players under a certain level to enter because I've been trying to get the trinkets all day on my twink and the only time I get it is when I bring along a couple of my 80 buddies to stop me from getting ganked
hey do you guys play Wow its so bad i mean you must pay every month 30$ flyff is way more better.
(Dec. 30, 2009  3:31 PM)Burning Dragoon Wrote: hey do you guys play Wow its so bad i mean you must pay every month 30$

please do not insult something you have never tried and it's $15 a month
I bet WoW would be on PS3 by now if it wasn't for Activision.
I hate when peoples' reason for not playing WoW is that it costs monthly. They have to pay all the people for constant game support, and if I didn't play an MMO I'd probably spend far more than the ~£90 a year I spend on WoW on other console games.

You pay monthly for xbox live as well, but everyone's gripe seems to be with the WoW monthly costs. Confused
The new Cataclism patch is comming soon, check out this video, Azeroth is in ruins.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/21/blizzc...ommentform Chocked_2
Have a level 55 Blood elf hunter Bm spec and a Death KNight Frost spec the game has really progressed since talk of cataclysm comes out sometime during winter pvp is insanely awesome
I finally find people who enjoy World of Warcraft, just to see that the thread died almost a year ago. *sigh*
This is the superb game ever. I like it very much and the main thing is that it has outstanding features which really attracts people to play again and again.
I love it Grin

Got a lvl 34 worgen frost mage
lvl 76 human retrubution paldin
lvl 62 night elf blood DK
I haven't played WoW, but I'm suprised no-one's even mentioned LEEEEROY JEEENKINS!!
i played this game earlier it's a nice game in fact
wooooo suprised I didnt find this thread earlier.

Ive got

Undead Arcane mage 85 with 355 ilevel gear
BElf Prot Pala with Ilevel 351 gear
Troll Feral Druid with :level 352 gear
and im currently lvling a Belf warlock 82 atm
I only have a Trial Account right now, but I have a level 5 Tauren warrior and a level 5 Night elf Druid
I played the Trial Version before and I had a level 20 Night Elf Rouge. I would buy everything up to Cataclysm so I can play as a Worgen, but sadly I can't be bothered....and I dont have 150+ dollars lying around =P Are worgens any good btw?
yes and who wants to play me go to tortheldrin and find my guy emploleon or stormrage and find my guy dearhunter
Yo peeps, I recently got word of the new Monk class they have for the new expansion pack, Mists of Pandaria, coming out next year or so. I've also learned some rather interesting things about it, but let's get to the basics first.

The monk wears Cloth and Leather Armor, much like druids and rogues which are my personal fave classes aside from Death Knights, so the preferred professions for them right off the bat are Skinning and Leatherworking; obvious, I know.

One of the more unique aspects of this class is that it relies, or will rely, heavily on unarmed combat; meaning you'll be fighting bare handed. The only reason a monk will need a weapon is because of finishing moves. The weapons choices for the Monk are as follows:

Fist weapons
Staves
Pole-arms
One Handed Swords
One Handed Axes
One Handed Maces

It's power source, chi, works much like a Rogue's energy in that it starts at 100 and regenerates if used. Most of it's base abilities, such as Jab, will rely on chi to operate.

Another unique feature is the Light/Dark Force. This operates much like a Balance Druid's Solar/Lunar Energy, but instead of having one or the other, you can generate both at the same time with abilities like Jab which generates both Light and Dark Force. There's much speculation as to what this is used for, but we'll get into it later.

This class also has something familiar to Warrior users called Stances in that the Monk can swap from one stance to another, but the unique thing about this is that as it changes stances, so to will it's pose in battle.

Like any other class in World of Warcraft, the Monk has three Talent Trees, but more like the Druid, it has three jobs as well.

The Talent Trees are:

Brewmaster, which is supposedly reminiscent to that of the "drunken fist" style of martial arts, is the tanking spec. Now, this is where the speculation for the Light/Dark Force comes in because some believe this tree will use both forces while a few believe it to use only the Dark Force. One of the ways that it's supposed to work is that, unlike the druid and not unlike a Death Knight, the Monk will rely on parrying and dodging but cannot block due to not having a shield; again obvious, I know.

The Mistweaver Tree is a healing spec. Now I know you're already thinking "what in the world do we need another healing class for when we have perfectly good priest healers?" Well, allow me to stop you RIGHT THERE because that brings up a whole other unique feature; The Monk is World of Warcraft's first and only DPSing healer. What this means is that even though you're heals, you can also tag in with DPS on damaging the boss or mobs. This will throw players into a whole new world of healing as this feature, alone, should bring tons of people to roll a Monk. One of the biggest clues to this is the ability Jade Statue of the Serpent, an ability that summons a small statue that heals all friendly targets within 3 yards for a percentage of damage done by the Monk. In other words, the more damage the monk does, the more the statue heals. This is just the tip of the ice burg for this tree.

It's final tree, aptly named the Windwalker, is a melee DPS spec. This is where the weapons come in. Weapons will only be used for finishing moves which will use up either Light or Dark Forces. My personal speculation is that the Windwalker Monks will use the Dark Force in order to generate DPS. Not much else is known about the Windwalker tree, so more on that will be released as the expansion draws nearer.

The only true downside I can think of for this class is that so far it is also the only class to NOT, I repeat "NOT", have an auto attack feature. It will rely heavily on combos, so those of you who like to go AFK for fights or such will most definitely not be able to do so with this class...

Now, if anyone wishes to discuss anything about the Monk Class or add anything to what I have, please feel free to do so and I will add the information as soon as possible.
MMO-Champion has all of this information readily available, by the way...

No auto attack isn't a downside, it will play exactly like any other endgame class - there is not a single class or spec in the game that is not using every single GCD, right now, aside from healers timing for damage spikes and so forth.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I am an endgame content raider in World of Warcraft a couple of nights a week. I raided 25-man Heroic in Wrath of the Lich King, and was present in several Heroic Lich King 25 kills. In Cataclysm, I basically quit until Firelands, and now raid in a Heroic-oriented 10-man guild with separates from my old 25-man. We're 6/7 Heroic Firelands, and were 8/8 normal Dragon Soul the first night it was available. We haven't started working on heroic DS yet, however, due to our raiders having some family problems and such - planning on starting it either this week or after the holidays.
I still find it amazing that they're throwing in a whole new healing system into the game.

By the way, I wasn't an end-game raider, but I've tried so hard to be so. I only quit because I just couldn't keep the account.

But I'm hoping I can get back on in time to level my 81 Dk, my 80 Druid and my 81 Rogue for the new expansion.
I doubt it will actually play that differently - it's all just the same regardless of what it looks like on the surface. I healed for four years, and eventually got sick of it because, even on the hardest, most complex fights, nothing is different.

It's similar for DPS, especially caster, but there's less stress involved.
This game has a complete war action and the weapons in this game is very amazing and the guns especially.I also suggest that please play this game at once.

Tower Defence Games
I agree with you, Alston. it is a fun game that should be played at least once. I still have not been able to get my account active again to play it much more, but I hope that I can do so soon.