Word of the Week!

I hope this deserves a thread.

Anyways, this is an idea I got when I heard the word "beligerent", which was completely alien to me. Pretty much, every Thursday, I'll make a new post like this :

Here's the new WotW!
Word - Definition

Now, some may ask "Why this imbecile is giving me random words?" Well, I've got an answer to that unasked question! I challenge anyone reading this to use each week's word as much as they can! You can use it in everyday posting, stories, PMs, etc. If you can, try to also quote a couple of times you used the word!

My goal with this is to increase the vocabulary of our members, and I hope it will increase the quality of the average post.

Here's the new WotW!
Belligerent - Adj.
Inclined to or exhibiting exhibiting assertiveness, hostility, or combativeness

Use of Word - The United States usually enter wars to protect other countries, but many see us as a belligerent country.
This is an Okay idea for a thread. What if somebody has recommendations for words or ideas or something like that. I have an idea but I don't know what to do?
Oh, I forgot to mention that. If you have a word you think would be good, send a PM my way!
As well as definitions, you should include examples of how it can be used in context and some other things that you might think will help kids understand it. This site has quite a few young kids, too.
Hm, I didn't think of that! I'll get right on it!