| item number = 100
| beyblade system = [[Engine Gear]]
| beyblade type = [[Survival]]
| starter or booster =
}}

__TOC__

== Attack Ring (AR): Star Wolf ==
* ‘’’Weight:’’’ 5 grams
Star Wolf, as its name suggests, takes the form of a six-pointed star. Three of the points are shaped like wolf heads, with small notches at the tips reminiscent of a nose. The other three points are simple triangles with a bolt design at the base, and do not extend out as far as the wolf heads. In both Right and Left Spin, Star Wolf will offer moderate amounts of [[Smash Attack]], however, it also suffers from serious [[Recoil]] because its contact points are not as defined and well shaped as other, more competitive options. Because of this recoil, Star Wolf is not suitable as a [[Defense]] or [[Survival]] AR either. As a result, Star Wolf should only be used for Attack if superior options such as [[Griffolyon|Cross Griffon]], [[Dragoon G|Eight Spiker]], or [[Driger G|Triple Tiger]] are not available.

==Weight Disk (WD): Ten Wide==
* ‘’’Weight:’’’ 13 grams
See [[Wide_Weight_Disks|Ten Wide]].

==Spin Gear (SG): Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)==
* ‘’’Weight of EG:’’’ 7 grams
* ‘’’Weight of EG + CEW:’’’ 12 grams
Right EG (Circle Survivor) is an Engine Gear similar to Rock Bison’s [[Rock Bison|Right EG (Circle Defenser)]] or Desert Sphinxer’s [[Desert Sphinxer|Right EG (Mystery Cutter)]], in the sense that unlike most Engine Gears, which have a Customize Engine Weight (CEW) made of metal, it instead has a detachable plastic CEW. This CEW is shaped like a bowl and has a tip that is a similar shape to the D series of Bottoms from [[Metal Fight Beyblade]]. In addition, the bowl is free-spinning due to the nature of the Engine Gear, and covers nearly all of the [[Blade Base]]. These factors, combined with the unusually tall height of Engine Gear Beyblades, make Right EG (Circle Survivor) an excellent choice for a [[Defense]]/[[Survival]] hybrid, as well as one of the most effective counters to [[Zombie]] Beyblades. Because Right EG (Circle Survivor) is taller than many of its opponents, they will primarily come in contact with the free-spinning CEW, with the effect of either absorbing the hit in the manner of a free-spinning Sub-AR against Left-Spin Beyblades, or charging the Engine Gear against Right-Spin Beyblades. This neutralizes almost all short [[Attack]] Types and forms of [[Upper Attack]], making it not only an effective choice for [[Survival]], but for [[Defense]] as well. In addition to all of this, the CEW provides the Beyblade with potent [[Life After Death]] capabilities, allowing it to outspin many competitive [[Zombie]] customizations consistently. The one drawback of Right EG (Circle Survivor) is that due to its parts it can only spin Right, meaning that it is susceptible to Right Spin [[Survival]] customs. However this drawback is mitigated by the fact that the majority of [[Survival]] customs, [[Zombie]] or otherwise, spin Left.

===Use in Circle Survivor Customization===
The bowl-like CEW piece of Right EG (Circle Survivor) can best be put to use in the custom:
* ‘’’AR:’’’ Roller Defense Ring ([[Roller Defenser]])
* ‘’’WD:’’’ Ten Heavy
* ‘’’SG:’’’ Right EG (Circle Defenser)
* ‘’’BB:’’’ Normal Base (Rock Bison Version) ([[Rock Bison]])
* ‘’’CEW Part:’’’ Circle Survivor
This combo attempts to maximize contact between the opposing Beyblade and the CEW by using Rock Bison’s taller Engine Gear prongs and Base to raise the AR and WD to a height that only the tallest Attack types can reach. In addition to this a [[Compact]] AR and WD are chosen to further minimize any contact they have with the opponent.

== Blade Base (BB): Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)==
* ‘’’Weight:’’’ 5 grams
As its name suggests, this BB is almost completely smooth and circular, with no significant gimmicks or designs, unlike most spring-loaded Engine Gear Bases. It has two clips that hold the Engine Gear in place, as well as a circular hole in the center through which the pegs that hold the CEW protrude. Compared to similar Engine Gear Bases such as Rock Bison’s, Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version) is shorter and lighter, making it slightly less useful for Defense.

===Use in Circle Survivor Customization===
While Normal Base (Rock Bison Version) is generally preferred because is adds both height and weight to the custom, Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version) is a fine substitute and can be used in the following combo:
* ‘’’AR:’’’ Tiger Defenser ([[Driger S]])/Wing Cross (Mold 1) ([[Bistool]])
* ‘’’WD:’’’ Wide Defense/Ten Balance
* ‘’’SG:’’’ Right EG (Circle Defenser)
* ‘’’BB:’’’ Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)
* ‘’’CEW Part:’’’ Circle Survivor

== Other Versions ==
* ‘’’Wolborg 4’’’ – Ice Blue Version

==Gallery==
<gallery>
</gallery>

==Overall==
Due to Wolborg 4’s lack of the Bearing gimmick associated with previous Wolborg iterations, as well as its association with the lackluster Engine Gear series, Wolborg 4 was an often overlooked Beyblade. While the [[Attack Ring]], Star Wolf is subpar, and the [[Weight Disk]], Ten Wide, is outclassed by Wide Defense for nearly all conventional uses, the Engine Gear, Customize Engine Weight, and Blade Base make this Beyblade indispensable to competitive Plastics players. Additionally, Wolborg 4 is generally very cost efficient, making it a worthwhile purchase. ‘’’Every Beyblader should own a copy of this Beyblade’’’.

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]
[[Category:Must-buy Beyblades]]
A quick read suggests a superb write up Smile

Maybe worth mentioning that it's popular to combine Circle Survivor with Rock Bison's Normal EG.
Indeed I think it's better when you use it with Rock Bison or Draciel G's base since it is taller and less susceptible to some combos.

Also there is little to no info on where the Wolborg 4 recolour is from so I wouldn't hold out much hope on that unless Kai-V can pull something up.
Count on me yo, but just remind me because right now I will work on a list of Beywiki articles with inaccurate information according to th!nk.

By the way, if enough of you guys can confirm that drafts like this are all good, then I will just need to go over it for phrasing and grammar errors and the slight additional details I think might need to be added, and after that it will be all ready to be pubished.
Very well done, Wombat! Smile It's good that you mention its cost-efficiency, but we'll have to keep an eye on that. Nowadays it's become quite difficult to find a W4 for its price from a year ago (~15 bucks). The cheapest I could find on ebay or amazon is about 60 (which is absolutely ridiculous), but on YJ it's still possible to find it for that price. Nevertheless, then you have to add quite some fees, so you have to be extra careful about calling it cost-efficient. Nevertheless, I'll look around for a while and when I can say for sure that its price has definitely increased to some degree, I'll pm you and we might have to edit it again. But for now it's perfectly fine. Smile
Used ones aren't hard to find. I have four of them. There seem to be like no NIB ones on ebay when I just checked apart from one very expensive one.
Yeah, I meant the NIB price, thought that was clear with 15$. I didn't say they were hard to find in general, it's only become a little troublesome to find those NIB ones for reasonable prices. At least on ebay.
I've never heard of using Draciel G's base before, and I never bothered to buy one to test it out for myself, but I'll take your word for it.

Rock Bison's EG has never worked well for me. The extra space on the pegs make the CEW slip off a lot, so it looks like this. I know it's a popular choice though.

The cost efficiency thing might be a bit dated, I got one of those $10 Taiwanese Wolborg 4s a while ago. It's something that can be easily removed.
(Oct. 08, 2014  10:30 PM)Ultra Wrote: Indeed I think it's better when you use it with Rock Bison or Draciel G's base since it is taller and less susceptible to some combos.

Also there is little to no info on where the Wolborg 4 recolour is from so I wouldn't hold out much hope on that unless Kai-V can pull something up.

I thought it was just the Cust Gear from Rock Bison that was taller?
I never knew that Draciel G base could fit on Wolborg 4. But I do have to question the legality of it.

(Oct. 08, 2014  11:27 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Very well done, Wombat! Smile It's good that you mention its cost-efficiency, but we'll have to keep an eye on that. Nowadays it's become quite difficult to find a W4 for its price from a year ago (~15 bucks). The cheapest I could find on ebay or amazon is about 60 (which is absolutely ridiculous), but on YJ it's still possible to find it for that price. Nevertheless, then you have to add quite some fees, so you have to be extra careful about calling it cost-efficient. Nevertheless, I'll look around for a while and when I can say for sure that its price has definitely increased to some degree, I'll pm you and we might have to edit it again. But for now it's perfectly fine. Smile

My friend/coworker found a NIB wolborog 4 for less then 25usd.
I've seen $8 Wolborg 4's on ebay in the past. The cheapest one I coukd find on ebay was $26.
Mine was $22 jh1078 (not sure) on eBay.
There should be info on Star Wolf-

It's easily breakable and fragile.
Snout of Wolborg just flies off.
Oh guys, all I was saying is that at the moment it can be a little troublesome to get it cheap. I know myself that it's absolutely possible in general (got mine for 10 bucks NIB a year ago, too). It's just that all the results I get when I search in ebay or amazon for it, I only find them for 60 or more. And Oki also doesn't have one listed in his shop, currently. All I meant was that one year ago ebay was flooded by listings of very cheap (less than 10) Wolborgs and now it isn't anymore so that you have to look around for it a little bit. Really no need to tell me how cheap you got your Wolborgs in the past, I know how cheap you can find them, if you keep searching...
(Oct. 09, 2014  8:22 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: All I meant was that one year ago ebay was flooded by listings of very cheap (less than 10) Wolborgs and now it isn't anymore so that you have to look around for it a little bit. Really no need to tell me how cheap you got your Wolborgs in the past, I know how cheap you can find them, if you keep searching...

Lol Stoney, all these responses about bargain WB4s
XD

But yeah, I seriously miss the days of $10 WB4s, shame I didn't pick up a couple!
Great draft man, just one little nitpick if anything is that the way Star Wolf has been depicted as better than it actually is; it's not really an option at all, even among mediocre option.
(Oct. 10, 2014  4:43 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Great draft man, just one little nitpick if anything is that the way Star Wolf has been depicted as better than it actually is; it's not really an option at all, even among mediocre option.

Well according to th!nk's blargh post here it did not as bad as he thought it would on a HO setup. There's a lot worse out there (Knight Claws Ring, etc.), but there's also a lot of stuff better than it. Should I change "moderate" to "decent"?

EDIT: on day 5 he also says that "It hits more than hard enough to make the list, but it also has some serious recoil."
(Oct. 12, 2014  2:41 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2014  4:43 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Great draft man, just one little nitpick if anything is that the way Star Wolf has been depicted as better than it actually is; it's not really an option at all, even among mediocre option.

Well according to th!nk's blargh post here it did not as bad as he thought it would on a HO setup. There's a lot worse out there (Knight Claws Ring, etc.), but there's also a lot of stuff better than it. Should I change "moderate" to "decent"?

EDIT: on day 5 he also says that "It hits more than hard enough to make the list, but it also has some serious recoil."
I always found his thoughts on Knight Claw Interesting;
I've had one since I was 3 years old; first bey blade. Battled w/ tons of MFB. Never broke ONCE.
Does anyone have any other criticisms about this draft? It's been a couple months, maybe something new might jump out that we didn't catch last time?
(Sep. 09, 2015  11:38 PM)Serotonin Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2015  11:00 PM)Ultra Wrote: Can we make stub articles for plastics (and the two HMS articles left I guess) please? I've always felt and still do feel that some information on the wiki is better than nothing. Especially for articles where it's not likely a particular beyblade will get an article unless someone steps up and does a lot of testing. I would be very happy to make a list and make drafts.

The best way to do this is to start making drafts!

There isn't a whole lot left to be discussed about Plastics / HMS - it's been over 10 years - so just start writing!

Excuse the necrobump/double post, but could I get some more feedback on this? @[Ultra] @[~Stoney~] @[Poseidon] @[V2] @[Mc Frown] @[Neo] anyone else who knows their way around Plastics well?

It still needs good pictures, but otherwise is this article ready to be published?
For the pictures: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beywiki-...#pid888975

I haven't participated enough in the Plastics meta and testing to help you content-wise, but you'll have to fix the formatting if you don't have a saved copy somewhere. The host migration messed with all special characters.
It looks mostly good but my hesitation comes from imagining th!nk being able to add loads of info that we're probably missing out on.

A few things that definitely should be mentioned:

-I know i've heard of the 10 Balance being recommended for use with this so see what can be found for that (it's on th!nk's tier list too).
-You don't mention in the base section that others such as Draciel G's can be used instead.
-Assumedly Draciel G's base is used instead because it's three grams heavier than the base Wolborg 4 comes with, which probably helps defensively.
-th!nk's tier list has two whole sections based around Circle survivor with numerous parts listed in it so I really think we can do better than one combo in the whole article.
-Maybe a slight comment that it can't be used in right spin due to the parts not allowing it.
-Possible comment mentioning how it goes away from it's predecessors using bearing cores.
-You give a combo and then kind of go back a step and try and unrecommend it by saying just the normal version is fine. It doesn't really make much sense to me tbh. You want it to be as tall as possible so the opponents combo will grind against the free spinning CEW.
Thank you for the pictures Nocto. Fortunately I had a backup copy on a Word document, so the format should be fixed now.

Ultra I updated it with all of your suggestions except for the last one because I wasn't exactly sure what/where you were talking about. I've heard of the Rock Bison thing before, but I'm not entirely convinced on Draciel G. I went ahead and added it for now, but as far as I can remember you've been the only one to bring Draciel G up for Circle Survivor, and it isn't even on th!nk's tier list. Is this something you or th!nk or someone else has tested and can link me to?
You removed that section now anyway so it doesn't matter I guess. Yeah tbh you can ignore Draciel G's base since th!nk's tier list doesn't have it there. For the combos have you tested it out with Roller Defence ring or did you just pick one? Cause I think it should be tested out which one (or preferably several) is generally the AR to go on before the article is published.
I think you should mention the fact that Wolborg IV's Star Wolf has some fragility issues.
I have about 3-4 of them, and even my NIB one has had a "wolf snout" snap off from basic battling. Just another reason to not use it, not that it had any to begin with ...
(Sep. 14, 2015  7:45 AM)Ultra Wrote: You removed that section now anyway so it doesn't matter I guess. Yeah tbh you can ignore Draciel G's base since th!nk's tier list doesn't have it there. For the combos have you tested it out with Roller Defence ring or did you just pick one? Cause I think it should be tested out which one (or preferably several) is generally the AR to go on before the article is published.

Alright I went and deleted the Draciel G stuff.
I've never bought Roller Defenser or Bistool but here are my references:

Wing Cross: https://thinkblargh.wordpress.com/2012/0...hat-could/ (CTRL+F Wing Cross)

Roller Defenser: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning-...pid1170827 and http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...pid1192413. Apparently it only works with 10 Heavy so I've changed that in the combo recommendation as well.