Windows 7

What do you guys think of it? Has anyone downloaded the beta? It won't run on my Computer and I am not risking my laptop. Looks really good though, what do you guys on macs think to the Superbar? Better or worse than the dock? Or is it just a rip off?
I'm not fussed about the "features". I'm thinking that if it has the least crashes, best compatibility and is the least susceptible (sp?) to viruses, then it will be good.

The site stopped impressing me when I began to actually read what it said. "Windows Search frees you from the chore of hunting through folders and subfolders to locate your stuff." is listed under new features. =S

"Windows 7 supports the latest advances in PC hardware, like 64-bit computing and multi-core processors". XP runs quad-core and that seems fine by me. To be honest, I never even have that many large processes running that my PC uses the quad-core properly. =S

Windows 2000 had so few errors, it was beautifully designed. That is what I'd really like to see more of. The menus and toolbars are fine right now. Vista's menus just confused the carp out of me. I don't see why they need to be changed to be honest but that's just my two cents.

I'm not 100% sure about any of this anyways so prove me wrong guys, seeing as it's one of the biggest corporations out there I'd like to believe that microsoft is doing something useful for me. =P
Im gonna wait a while until I get all the information about bugs, crashers etc. and then i may install it on my laptop. (As my laptop only has 512MB of RAM so I hope its true that its lighter)
I just want to get rid of Vista so I may get it after a while.
(Jul. 06, 2009  8:47 PM)Driger Wrote: Im gonna wait a while until I get all the information about bugs, crashers etc. and then i may install it on my laptop. (As my laptop only has 512MB of RAM so I hope its true that its lighter)

Dude, upgrade your laptop. Geez. =O

You can get a 2GB of ram real cheap nowadays.
Erm...Pikachao, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MBuizr_s4

I'm not doing that Tired
(Jul. 06, 2009  9:49 PM)Driger Wrote: Erm...Pikachao, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1MBuizr_s4

I'm not doing that Tired

Hmm, it's usually easier in most laptops. Mine I just unclipped the old ram, clipped in the new one and it was good to go. They do it free in the PC World store near where I live though as long as you buy the RAM in store. =]
I already pre-ordered my upgrade to Windows 7. Amazon was having a special upgrade sale for $49.99 so I jumped all over it, considering the regular upgrade price to 7 Home Premium is $119.

I used the Release Candidate and I'm sold. It runs so much smoother and faster than Vista, I really can't believe how much better it is.
I was going to download the beta, but then I saw something about possible data loss, so I changed my mind haha.

I plan on getting a new computer anyways, so I will wait until later to get this one.
(Jul. 07, 2009  12:55 AM)Roan Wrote: I already pre-ordered my upgrade to Windows 7. Amazon was having a special upgrade sale for $49.99 so I jumped all over it, considering the regular upgrade price to 7 Home Premium is $119.

I used the Release Candidate and I'm sold. It runs so much smoother and faster than Vista, I really can't believe how much better it is.

Do they charge you for it right away? That's what was keeping me from getting the upgrade disk.
(Jul. 07, 2009  1:09 AM)Spaceman Wrote: Do they charge you for it right away? That's what was keeping me from getting the upgrade disk.

No, they don't charge until it ships on or around October 22nd.
Has anyone tried to install the RC with a DVD-Mount program? I don't have any DVD-Rs at the moment and I didn't know if it would work.
I'll keep my Windows XP MCE until I get a better computer.

But I do have the Windows 7 Beta installed on my computer and it does run a LOT smoother than Vista did when I tried it, the UI is more enjoyable, there were some compatibility issues, the auto driver install was cool, and I just want a change of pace from XP, and since Win7 is going to be the new standard, the upgrade is inevitable.