Windows 10

Poll: Do you like Windows 10?

Yes, it works great!
85.71%
No, it sux
14.29%
Total: 100% 7 vote(s)
For those guys who recieved the update already, i want to know what you think of it.A video would be nice.Is it worth upgrading to?
I haven't yet, I am personally going to wait until all the bugs are worked out before updating
I can't do a video but I think it's worth updating. The start menu is back, and it's a bit more sleek and smooth than it was in Windows 8. The only thing is when you are upgrading make sure you don't do the normal install, do the advance settings because some options are about sending your browsing history to Microsoft, and everything you type, both online and on the computer itself like Word, and such things. But yeah, I think it's def worth the update. I'm not disappointed.
I'm not updating. Windows XP- I mean 7 is good enough for me.
10 isn't that bad. You may need to do like a restart afterwards. The update can sometimes alter a few things and make it work really weird. Overall though, it works really well...
I have windows 7, i have no fancy start menu or anything.how come you guys already have the update?i reserved when it came out
(Aug. 02, 2015  6:49 AM)Kazaf Wrote: I can't do a video but I think it's worth updating. The start menu is back, and it's a bit more sleek and smooth than it was in Windows 8. The only thing is when you are upgrading make sure you don't do the normal install, do the advance settings because some options are about sending your browsing history to Microsoft, and everything you type, both online and on the computer itself like Word, and such things. But yeah, I think it's def worth the update. I'm not disappointed.
I was rushing, so I used express.How do I change?
Wow, this thing is awesome
I don't think i'm going to update to Windows 10.
Why not?Because of the anti privacy?
I'm still using XP, and it still rocks.
IMO windows 10 is better than xp.XP was better than 7 tho
(Aug. 02, 2015  8:17 PM)Elite Projects Wrote: Why not?Because of the anti privacy?

I don't like it at all.
Why not?
I managed to try and use windows 10 back in it's development preview. I don't like the direction in which the artstyle it was going in. Aero was bad, and this minimalism design isn't much better either. Did they merge control panel with pc settings yet? If they're still separate, they need to fix that too. Navigating through two different settings menus is kind of a turn off. It also destroyed my AMD drivers making the resolution default to 1024 by 768 even after updating my drivers and restarting. The permanent search bar looks unsightly, and I don't know if I like the notification pop-up menu yet. I like that they re-branded IE to Edge so they could get away from the stereotypical "IE is slow and convoluted" meme. Overall it has a lot of potential, but the state it was in when I used it was buggy and unusable.

On the flip-side, I heard that you couldn't turn off data collection from Microsoft and other anti-privacy settings. Let me know if that's actually true or not.
(Aug. 02, 2015  10:36 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: I managed to try and use windows 10 back in it's development preview. I don't like the direction in which the artstyle it was going in. Aero was bad, and this minimalism design isn't much better either. Did they merge control panel with pc settings yet? If they're still separate, they need to fix that too. Navigating through two different settings menus is kind of a turn off. It also destroyed my AMD drivers making the resolution default to 1024 by 768 even after updating my drivers and restarting. The permanent search bar looks unsightly, and I don't know if I like the notification pop-up menu yet. I like that they re-branded IE to Edge so they could get away from the stereotypical "IE is slow and convoluted" meme. Overall it has a lot of potential, but the state it was in when I used it was buggy and unusable.

On the flip-side, I heard that you couldn't turn off data collection from Microsoft and other anti-privacy settings. Let me know if that's actually true or not.

They did combine the control panel with pc settings as far as I can tell. It didn't affect my resolution at all, and I don't have a search bar anywhere. Edge is nice, so much better than IE.

And you can turn off data collection, but you have to go through the advanced settings when installing it.
I'm on 8.1 atm. Deciding to wait a bit before I upgrade. Wait for the hype to calm down and see how people like it after some time
(Aug. 03, 2015  4:50 AM)Kazaf Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2015  10:36 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: I managed to try and use windows 10 back in it's development preview. I don't like the direction in which the artstyle it was going in. Aero was bad, and this minimalism design isn't much better either. Did they merge control panel with pc settings yet? If they're still separate, they need to fix that too. Navigating through two different settings menus is kind of a turn off. It also destroyed my AMD drivers making the resolution default to 1024 by 768 even after updating my drivers and restarting. The permanent search bar looks unsightly, and I don't know if I like the notification pop-up menu yet. I like that they re-branded IE to Edge so they could get away from the stereotypical "IE is slow and convoluted" meme. Overall it has a lot of potential, but the state it was in when I used it was buggy and unusable.

They did combine the control panel with pc settings as far as I can tell. It didn't affect my resolution at all, and I don't have a search bar anywhere. Edge is nice, so much better than IE.

And you can turn off data collection, but you have to go through the advanced settings when installing it.

Are you running on an AMD card? It seems like Microsoft is more friendly with Nvidia. LOL
(Aug. 03, 2015  6:23 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2015  4:50 AM)Kazaf Wrote:

Are you running on an AMD card? It seems like Microsoft is more friendly with NvidiaLOL

lol true
so theres no way to turn off privacy collecting?