Wii U

(Jun. 12, 2011  7:31 AM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2011  2:53 AM)Robsta Wrote: Why can't we just have a gamecube 2? Unhappy

The Wii IS the Gamecube 2 XD (It's backwards compatible(it can play Gamecube games))

No it can't...

EDIT: I just saw you were referring to Wii and not the topic, Wii U.
I know this is just speculation, but it is in no way baseless. I predict the Wii U will fail, its graphics are still the exact same as last generation (they used the same chip), the controller is bulky and expensive, not to mention it will not be sold separately. The entire console is a joke, I see no new innovation or even a new idea. The idea of a screen on the controller has been done before, on a console that was a failure. Namely the Sega Dreamcast...heck, the stocks fell 3 percent after this "console" was announced. Nintendo actually needs to fail, so when they gather up the remnants of their company, they will create something new.
(Jun. 16, 2011  4:22 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: console that was a failure. Namely the Sega Dreamcast...

what?! the sega dreamcast is great

(this next part is not directed to anyone in particular)
personally, i think we shouldn't really bash on a console that hasn't even been released yet, as we do not know how it really is

but yeah, i think i will stick to my wii unless a game that i really want to play comes out on it. but i do find it a bit interesting
Perhaps for you it was the great, but not for most of the populace, as evidenced by its commercial failure. Anyway, I think we've heard enough to say that there is nothing too special about it. As far as gameplay goes, I can't say anything, but Shigeru said himself it would "not be a cheap console" and if current consoles are 299, I wonder what he will consider expensive.
(Jun. 16, 2011  4:22 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: I know this is just speculation, but it is in no way baseless. I predict the Wii U will fail, its graphics are still the exact same as last generation (they used the same chip), the controller is bulky and expensive, not to mention it will not be sold separately. The entire console is a joke, I see no new innovation or even a new idea. The idea of a screen on the controller has been done before, on a console that was a failure. Namely the Sega Dreamcast...heck, the stocks fell 3 percent after this "console" was announced. Nintendo actually needs to fail, so when they gather up the remnants of their company, they will create something new.

Yeah, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. A lot of companies have tried something and failed, yet when Nintendo does it, it's a huge success.
(Jun. 16, 2011  12:06 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: yet when Nintendo does it, it's a huge success.

Oh really?

Remember the Virtual Boy? How well did that turn out, again?

Even Nintendo can make mistakes.
Dude, I'm not sure anyone remembers the virtual boy, because Nintendo took too much time and effort to act like it never existed.
True enough, but it was still a financial failure which can't be ignored.

This too could disappoint many. Let's face it, it's essentially the same console, except you've got an Ipad with it. I can't really be interested.
All I can say is, I'm selling my Wii because I have a GCN so that's it's only use when the Wii U comes out, and..... Valve work with Nintendo TO MAKE PORTAL ON THE WII ALREADY. Honestly, Portal on the Wii would be great, you could use the new controller to fire portals e.t.c. and since Xbox 360 and that Xperia thing are getting Minecraft on them, Minecraft on the Wii U? Please?
Portal Wii would be a dream come true. And you might as well say that for the first 3D gaming console too, that thing sucked. But -most- of Nintendo's products tend to yield good results. Nintendo remade the 3D thing which had been built 20 years earlier, and put modern-day graphics onto it as a handheld. Look how well the 3DS is doing. The point is, most of Nintendo's products tend to become a success.
(Jun. 16, 2011  1:55 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2011  12:06 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: yet when Nintendo does it, it's a huge success.

Oh really?

Yeah, and they took the concept and made the 3DS. Success.
(Jun. 16, 2011  2:43 PM)Dude Wrote: True enough, but it was still a financial failure which can't be ignored.

This too could disappoint many. Let's face it, it's essentially the same console, except you've got an Ipad with it. I can't really be interested.

Your cynicism to a console which has only just been announced with minimal details is starting to grate now. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion; but we don't need you to tell us how bad it is ad nauseum.
Yeah, I guess I am being unfair to it while I haven't even played it.

I just don't understand this thing.

Also, how did they take the concept of the Virtual Boy to make the 3DS? How are they in any way similar?
(Jun. 16, 2011  10:04 PM)Dude Wrote: Yeah, I guess I am being unfair to it while I haven't even played it.

I just don't understand this thing.

Also, how did they take the concept of the Virtual Boy to make the 3DS? How are they in any way similar?

The only purpose of the Virtual Boy was to introduce a 3D gaming system. It failed, and now Nintendo tried again with the 3D. Now, it's a success.
3DS is not a success. It's under performing in every market.
Nintendo is just failing right now, their profits are falling dramatically for the first time in years. And what gave any of you the idea that the 3ds is "succeeding" at all. They think that just because the Wii's profits are failing they should whip up a new console. Maybe the profits would rise if they actually gave some people a reason to buy their consoles, like maybe some noteworthy games for a change.
Well then I guess I stand corrected. I figured it was a success since I remember seeing articles about the pre-orders selling out. But then again, they didn't have many shipped here anyway.
Well, it's doing well in my area.... Many of my friends have a 3DS, and I've seen multiple people in my town playing one too. I just based my conclusion off of that.
(Jun. 16, 2011  9:28 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2011  1:55 PM)Dude Wrote:

Oh really?

Yeah, and they took the concept and made the 3DS. Success.

not a success since most people I know have bought it thinking it was good and when they bought it

"man, the 3d don't look 3d at all! "
"head hurts after a minute"
"bad quality graphics even with the 3d off"

and I complained about all of these too(tried one at toys'r'us) but the games were good fun
(Jun. 17, 2011  4:10 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Well, it's doing well in my area.... Many of my friends have a 3DS, and I've seen multiple people in my town playing one too. I just based my conclusion off of that.

3 of my closest friends own a PSPgo, and so do I.

PSPgo is the worst selling major handheld revision.
Nintendo has never been one for graphics, but I think its downright stupid that they would reuse the Wii's graphics to now be 2 generations behind.
Uh, the Wii was the first console that they never bothered sticking with the competition in terms of graphic prowess.

As well, they aren't using Wii hardware in Wii U. Unless you're insinuating that they shoved a Gamecube into the 3DS.
(Jun. 17, 2011  11:56 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: Nintendo has never been one for graphics, but I think its downright stupid that they would reuse the Wii's graphics to now be 2 generations behind.
What are you talking about? O_O The only time they ever re-used graphics for a console was using Gamecube graphics for the Wii. The Wii U was shown off at E3 having better graphics. Didn't you see the Zelda HD video?

And Nintendo used to be one for graphics. (Kinda) Back in the late 1990's, the Nintendo 64 had more powerful graphics than both the Sony Playstation, and the SEGA Saturn. Of course, that all changed in 1999 when SEGA released the SEGA Dreamcast which started the next generation of gaming a good 2 years before any other systems went to the next generation.
They do reuse some of the Wii's graphics, check out the technical specs. The graphics are now a bit better, but still only on par with the 360 and PS3. I'm not a graphics hound, but I think they could have done much better. Actually, the PS1 and N64 were pretty comparable. Some say that the graphics on the Nintendo were smoother but lacked detail, but the PS was fuzzier, yet it allowed for more detail. It's more a matter of opinion on that one.
(Jun. 18, 2011  4:30 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: They do reuse some of the Wii's graphics, check out the technical specs. The graphics are now a bit better, but still only on par with the 360 and PS3. I'm not a graphics hound, but I think they could have done much better. Actually, the PS1 and N64 were pretty comparable. Some say that the graphics on the Nintendo were smoother but lacked detail, but the PS was fuzzier, yet it allowed for more detail. It's more a matter of opinion on that one.
It really depends on the game. But in my opinion, N64 had better graphics. Any games I owned that were on both systems, the N64 version was usually better.

Actually, Nintendo released the info about the graphics at E3. If you read what they said, it's the same as PS3 and 360. If not, better.

And I don't know why, but SEGA said that the Wii U was easier to make games for.