Wii U

Let's not get into "This thing is a rip-off of this other thing! >Gasp" Alright?

What matters is if it's a good product.
man we have to wait 1-2 years for the next SSB darn the system looks weird to me i thought it was a DVD player at fiurst and i thought the controller was the system at first to it looks so portable also i wonder if game cibe controllers will work for SSBB (super smash Brother brawl)
(Jun. 08, 2011  10:16 PM)Caststarman Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:16 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:14 PM)To Wrote: nothankyou.jpg

Imagine how expensive replacement controllers would be. And just look at that, it doesn't even have actual analog sticks, but the circle pad of the 3DS! What the heck Nintendo...
I guess they didn't want to get too far from originality here. I mean theres alreayd leaks saying they copied the iPad. I sort like the idea, though.

@ Deikailo
Ya, some of this seems so exaggerated...

Hold on The ipod touch copied the nintendo ds because the ds came out first. They used touch capabilities. Then came the dsi. It had a double sided camera. After that the dsi XL, the super sized dsi. Later came the ipod 4th gen. Using the double sided cameras. Around the same time as the 4th gen. , the ipad came out, a super sized ipod touch. So really this whole time, apple has copied nintendo.

yo i heard you like touch screens so here is a touch screen handheld from 1997

[Image: gamecom_game1.jpg]
God !!! My wallet couldn't be more empty !
Between saving money for new Beys and the Nintendo 3DS I have almost no money left !
Good thing it's coming out in 2012 . ( Time to start working on the parents )
But seriously , the Wii u looks awesome ! The new features plus the new awesome games coming out !
The new controler is the best part . Being able to play without a TV , and have some great grafics !
2012 will be the end for my wallet !
Next Year :
R.I.P Vamasco Wallet ( Bob )
1997 - 2012
mmm, not that interested in this. i have the 3ds so that will keep me going for awhile. question can this play game cube games, cause if not i will have to keep the original wii to play the few i got if i ever get this.
(Jun. 10, 2011  9:44 AM)pikabattler Wrote: mmm, not that interested in this. i have the 3ds so that will keep me going for awhile. question can this play game cube games, cause if not i will have to keep the original wii to play the few i got if i ever get this.

It can't play Gamecube games.
do u need to get a new wii concel for the new tablet like controller
(Jun. 11, 2011  4:38 PM)Hytyjin Wrote: do u need to get a new wii concel for the new tablet like controller

Yes, Wii U is a new platform.
Apparently the 4 controllers will work with one Wii U Tablet in use. Some are saying that 6 can play at once, but I cannot even imagine how small split screens would be without a 100" size TV.
(Jun. 11, 2011  5:08 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Apparently the 4 controllers will work with one Wii U Tablet in use. Some are saying that 6 can play at once, but I cannot even imagine how small split screens would be without a 100" size TV.

Maybe it'll be split screen for the ones using a Wiimote, but the ones with the new controller will just have it on that screen.
(Jun. 08, 2011  10:16 PM)Caststarman Wrote: Hold on The ipod touch copied the nintendo ds because the ds came out first. They used touch capabilities. Then came the dsi. It had a double sided camera. After that the dsi XL, the super sized dsi. Later came the ipod 4th gen. Using the double sided cameras. Around the same time as the 4th gen. , the ipad came out, a super sized ipod touch. So really this whole time, apple has copied nintendo.

Thats like saying Kai copied Tyson because they both have beyblades.
Throughout a gaming-analyst's career, one of the worst mistakes you can make is comparing a PHONE to any device primarily aimed towards gaming. I sure hope the next generation of enthusiasts don't get away with this horrible quirk. The same can obviously go for PC vs. Console debates.
The controller would be pretty legit for Pokemon Snap 2. Otherwise the console itself seems like an abortion. When I first heard news of a new Nintendo console I was told that it was aimed at the more hardcore audience but what I have seen now seems the opposite.

Why can't we just have a gamecube 2? Unhappy
(Jun. 12, 2011  2:03 AM)scipio132 Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2011  10:16 PM)Caststarman Wrote: Hold on The ipod touch copied the nintendo ds because the ds came out first. They used touch capabilities. Then came the dsi. It had a double sided camera. After that the dsi XL, the super sized dsi. Later came the ipod 4th gen. Using the double sided cameras. Around the same time as the 4th gen. , the ipad came out, a super sized ipod touch. So really this whole time, apple has copied nintendo.

Thats like saying Kai copied Tyson because they both have beyblades.

But Kai did copy Tyson lol ...
I honestly am extremely excited for this system so many good games are coming out for it + I can't live without getting every Super Smash Bros. ! Also I can play while my bros play PS3
(Jun. 12, 2011  2:53 AM)Robsta Wrote: Why can't we just have a gamecube 2? Unhappy

The Wii IS the Gamecube 2 XD (It's backwards compatible(it can play Gamecube games))
You guys can sure easily buy into a very shallow hype machine Uncertain

But could someone clarify something for me? Is this a new console or some kind of controller? I never could get a clear answer for that...
It is a new console. As you can see the first picture is the new console. It seems silly to me why they would make one, when they could simply market the new controller as an add-on to the Wii and give it a Systems update.
Is it a console that will have exclusive games for that console?

The Wii is old, yeah, but not "Time to make a new console!" old...
(Jun. 14, 2011  5:20 PM)Dude Wrote: Is it a console that will have exclusive games for that console?

The Wii is old, yeah, but not "Time to make a new console!" old...
Yes it is... It's already reached it's 5 year mark. The point in time when Nintendo releases a new system...
Enjoy paying another 200 dollars for another system that probably won't be that impressive.

And five years isn't much, if you ask me.
The Wii was an incredibly innovative system. I didn't really see the need for a new one. I remember them saying "we'll make a new system when we run out of ideas. Which is not very soon." I believe there is still so much more they can do with it. I mean, video chat can be made into a new channel. And if they wanted better graphics, they could have sold an addon. Heck, the new controller could be an add-on as well. I"m sticking with my Wii for now. Maybe if I see something I like then I may purchase it, when the price goes down.
Same thing here. Unless they make a game that I simply must get (i.e Just about anything Atlus will make (Such as a new Trauma Center game)) I'll check it out, but, for the moment, this just seems like a pretty sad excuse of a console.
Ditto. The only time I will buy it is when a new Zelda for Wii U comes out. And that's not going to be for a long time because Skyward Sword is for the Wii and not the Wii U. Gaps between major Zelda games are huge.
(Ex. Twilight Princess (2006/2007) - Skyward Sword (2011) 4-5 years)
(Jun. 14, 2011  10:04 PM)iBeyblader Wrote: Ditto. The only time I will buy it is when a new Zelda for Wii U comes out. And that's not going to be for a long time because Skyward Sword is for the Wii and not the Wii U. Gaps between major Zelda games are huge.
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (1998in America, 1996 in Japan) Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask (2000) Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003) Legend Of Zelda: The Twilight Princess (2006)

Not always... Starting to see a pattern?
(Jun. 14, 2011  10:13 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2011  10:04 PM)iBeyblader Wrote: Ditto. The only time I will buy it is when a new Zelda for Wii U comes out. And that's not going to be for a long time because Skyward Sword is for the Wii and not the Wii U. Gaps between major Zelda games are huge.
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (1998in America, 1996 in Japan) Legend Of Zelda Majora's Mask (2000) Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003) Legend Of Zelda: The Twilight Princess (2006)

Not always... Starting to see a pattern?

Yeah I see what you're saying but I'm talking about a different timeline for the Zelda games. You know, the adult and the child timeline?

There is a master timeline that only Eiji Aonuma, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Hidemaro Fujibayashi know about. Hopefully the master timeline will be released as a bonus with Skyward Sword along with the exclusive Wii Remote Plus I posted about before.

EDIT: 2-3 years is still a long time. Smile Just saying.