Wii U

...Why would you not want to pause the game?

That's...just stupid. Pause the game, go do your business, come back, play.

You don't need a hundread dollar controller to enjoy your games. Here's an idea: Use the money you would spend on a useless controller to buy more enjoyable games.
realy dude...you cant say that untill its released and i agree,thats gross.but you cant actualy say that till its released.
I wonder if you could hook up a controller to your friends wii u and make Online play a million times better by just basically playing it on his system 0.o
im pretty sure theirs a distance from where the wii u and the controler must be.
I know I am just saying that would be amazing btw I hope they make a good SSB for this
(Jun. 08, 2011  12:42 AM)omegazero Wrote: realy dude...you cant say that untill its released and i agree,thats gross.but you cant actualy say that till its released.

Yeah, it is pretty unfair, but it just seems...like a waste.

Well, if there's a title that really strikes me, later, I might check it out.
You know, I would just keep the remote it self. I am looking at another 3DS, But on the other hand I like the design! And come on how much is it, 7000$ not what I can afford. I would just buy a IPad IOS 5.

Anyway, The remote issues: I don't see anything wrong except!

The screen, It seems cool but could it be a come back or not I just say buy it but if it sucks buy a new freaking t.v.
(Jun. 08, 2011  1:00 AM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: I know I am just saying that would be amazing btw I hope they make a good SSB for this

I know right and then they will release it 2 whole years after the fudging system was released Pinching_eyes
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:21 PM)Dude Wrote: That's a useful element, I guess, but are you willing to pay around 150 bucks for that? How often will someone rush into the room going "Dude! Baseball is about to start! Get your a*s out of here!!!"? You can't possibly bring it to trips, or something, you'd lose/break/dirty it, so it's like a portable system...around the house?

That's just senseless. You might as well just buy another TV.

It's not a portable console at all. You're tethered to the same room as the Wii U. You can't leave the same room as the Wii U or it doesn't work. Which is why, if you noticed that guy who was playing Mario when the other guy was watching baseball obnoxiously didn't leave the room. Or the exact same thing in the other clips. Which makes that whole marketing bullet point kind of silly.

The controller itself only has a single touch input touchscreen. Which makes playing games on the controller itself difficult.

Nintendo's going amazingly cheap on the thing that's supposed to be their main draw. It's like they decided to combine the Dreamcast's VMU, and the uDraw tablet together.
It sounds interesting enough. If the controllers end up not being a huge amount to shell out and the demo is fun I'll probably end up buying it. The new Super Smash Bros. game would be pretty fun to play with one of the new controllers I bet.
I knew there was a gimmick to this. I thought that I would be able to sneak into my room and finish my game, but I guess not. Anyways, I still like the idea. By the way:

NEW GAMES for WII U:

1. Darksiders 2
  2. Batman: Arkhum Asylum
  3. Assassin's Creed: Revelation
  4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  5. Tekken (Working Title)
  6. Dirt
  7. Metro Last Night
  8. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Okay, all but one of those games are on PS3/360/PC...
I hope they don't make Skyward Sword Wii U exclusive... I've been anticipating it for a long time... Maybe there will be a Wii Version and a Wii U Version? I hope so.

[Image: E3-2011-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-confirmed-fo...070498.jpg]

I heard this beauty is going to launch with Skyward Sword?

Sorry for being so off-topic, the second picture in the OP got me started XD

(Jun. 07, 2011  8:04 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: The Controller:

[Image: nintendocontroller1.jpg]

Hmm, are they going to re-release Twilight Princess for the Wii U? Looks like it.

(Jun. 07, 2011  8:04 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Other Controls:Up to four Wii Remoteâ„¢ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wiiâ„¢ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchukâ„¢ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Boardâ„¢.

What about the GameCube controllers? D: They're the most comfortable XD
Unfortunately, no, Gamecube compatibility is not present here.
Welp, we're not going to have to worry how much money secondary controllers are going to cost - Nintendo won't be selling Wii U controllers separately. Though Nintendo is apparently looking to make games that would use more than one controller...
Oh my... Apparently the third party games they did showcase today weren't even running on Wii U hardware, but are the PS3/360/PC versions... Nintendo is a joke at this point in terms of caring about third parties. Did they give them devkits last week or something?
I Swear i will save hella alot of money for this,this is even better now xD
(Jun. 08, 2011  4:58 AM)To Wrote: Oh my... Apparently the third party games they did showcase today weren't even running on Wii U hardware, but are the PS3/360/PC versions... Nintendo is a joke at this point in terms of caring about third parties. Did they give them devkits last week or something?
the wii u versions will probably look about the same. developers didn't feel like wasting time getting the new SKU up and running for 10 seconds in a sizzle reel.
I was just thinking would Nintendo release some type of stylus for this? Due to the touch screen they might but
very slim.Anyway I thought Tekken was Playstation and Xbox exclusive?? And how would the motion -sensing work with the controller Looking and Feeling different??
If you ask me why dont they just make a HD console like PS3 and XBOX 360, why can't it just be a normal gamers console with a normal controller.
BUT...
The games that were announced for it, WOW, i may have to pick it up.
At first I was very skeptical, then it pulled me in, then after reading this thread I am again skeptical.

The Pad controller allows a whole new kind of gameplay to be featured in the Wii U, and I agree that it is a breakthrough in gaming technology. Its limits are there, though with its one input touch screen (gah). However, the limit of only one template per console is outrageous. (I'm aware that more than one template can be used at a time, but to release only one without releasing separate ones...) I'm sure that this asymmetrical type of gaming doesn't really attract many, especially ones with siblings that game frequently.

I also heard something about 3DS connectivity?

That's all I have right now, I'm just going to wait until more is revealed I guess.
(Jun. 08, 2011  3:57 AM)iBeyblader Wrote: I hope they don't make Skyward Sword Wii U exclusive... I've been anticipating it for a long time... Maybe there will be a Wii Version and a Wii U Version? I hope so.

Hmm, are they going to re-release Twilight Princess for the Wii U? Looks like it.
This is the most retarded post I've ever seen.(No offense.) Nintendo already said that it's for Wii. Besides, the Wii U doesn't come out until a year after Skyward Sword.

No, they aren't. That was just a tech demo...
(Jun. 08, 2011  8:00 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2011  3:57 AM)iBeyblader Wrote: I hope they don't make Skyward Sword Wii U exclusive... I've been anticipating it for a long time... Maybe there will be a Wii Version and a Wii U Version? I hope so.

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen.(No offense.) Nintendo already said that it's for Wii. Besides, the Wii U doesn't come out until a year after Skyward Sword.

No, they aren't. That was just a tech demo...

Well, my bad...

Anyways, IMO, Nintendo should and probably will be the winner of E3.
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:16 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:14 PM)To Wrote: nothankyou.jpg

Imagine how expensive replacement controllers would be. And just look at that, it doesn't even have actual analog sticks, but the circle pad of the 3DS! What the heck Nintendo...
I guess they didn't want to get too far from originality here. I mean theres alreayd leaks saying they copied the iPad. I sort like the idea, though.

@ Deikailo
Ya, some of this seems so exaggerated...

Hold on The ipod touch copied the nintendo ds because the ds came out first. They used touch capabilities. Then came the dsi. It had a double sided camera. After that the dsi XL, the super sized dsi. Later came the ipod 4th gen. Using the double sided cameras. Around the same time as the 4th gen. , the ipad came out, a super sized ipod touch. So really this whole time, apple has copied nintendo.