Wii U

The new home console coming from Nintendo, release: 2012.

NOTE: This is not a fake console at all, Nintendo announced it just one hour before this post was written.

The Wii U:

[Image: nintendosystem1.jpg]

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6317199...e-and-out/

The Controller:

[Image: nintendocontroller1.jpg]

Details [From Nintendo]:

Launches :2012

Size:Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller:The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls:Up to four Wii Remoteâ„¢ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wiiâ„¢ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchukâ„¢ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Boardâ„¢.

Media:A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video OutputConfusedupports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output:Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage:The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I find this all so much interesting! There's gonna be video calling, web browsing, controller from tv, games on the go, and a great controller! What do you guys think?

Other:Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.
WIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUWIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUWIIIIIIIIUUUUUUU

Seriously though, this thing -> Dat Arse.
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:06 PM)U JELLY BORT? Wrote: WIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUWIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUWIIIIIIIIUUUUUUU

Seriously though, this thing -> Dat Arse.
Haha, yes the name is quite odd and weird. Though when they say U they mean it like streaming back and forth, at least it was inferred from their E3 2011 Presentation that took place an hour ago.
Wii u is suppoed to mean like, we you.

My only gripe is the abxy buttons being so far away from the shoulder buttons. If that little bumper thi.g is in fact a button.
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:11 PM)Otsu Wrote: Wii u is suppoed to mean like, we you.

My only gripe is the abxy buttons being so far away from the shoulder buttons. If that little bumper thi.g is in fact a button.
I'm pretty sure our fingers could reach it. Most traditional Nintendo Games don't even need the back buttons, hence, not all games shall use it.
It looks like this has lost the whole 'motion' thing, although I'll wait for that inevitable black recolor before considering... Lips_sealed
nothankyou.jpg

Imagine how expensive replacement controllers would be. And just look at that, it doesn't even have actual analog sticks, but the circle pad of the 3DS! What the heck Nintendo...

Edit: So you can use the older Wii stuff instead? That's not that bad. Though, I question how deep these controller screen games will be if the screen can be completely ignored.

It'll create huge confusion with the public over what the heck this thing is. People are going to assume it's a Wii Slim type deal since they look so similar, have such a similar name, and can use the same controllers.
Nintendo, you're two months late for pranks.
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:14 PM)To Wrote: nothankyou.jpg

Imagine how expensive replacement controllers would be. And just look at that, it doesn't even have actual analog sticks, but the circle pad of the 3DS! What the heck Nintendo...
I guess they didn't want to get too far from originality here. I mean theres alreayd leaks saying they copied the iPad. I sort like the idea, though.

@ Deikailo
Ya, some of this seems so exaggerated...
Will there be any controllers that are like the ones right now or is the Wii going to be the PS2 all over again. (What I mean is my brother and I asking my dad if we can get the PS2, he says: "One it's a waist of money and two its not active". Then the Wii (First Attempt) "Can we get the Wii?" he says, again, "Waist of money". Then one night our friend brings over the wii to play, next thing we know, my dad is geeking on there playing golf...
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:19 PM)LeoneLione Wrote: Will there be any controllers that are like the ones right now or is the Wii going to be the PS2 all over again. (What I mean is my brother and I asking my dad if we can get the PS2, he says: "One it's a waist of money and two its not active". Then the Wii (First Attempt) "Can we get the Wii?" he says, again, "Waist of money". Then one night our friend brings over the wii to play, next thing we know, my dad is geeking on there playing golf...
Yes, the current controllers are compatible with the Wii U, though it seems you will not get the full 'HD experience'.
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:19 PM)LeoneLione Wrote: Will there be any controllers that are like the ones right now or is the Wii going to be the PS2 all over again. (What I mean is my brother and I asking my dad if we can get the PS2, he says: "One it's a waist of money and two its not active". Then the Wii (First Attempt) "Can we get the Wii?" he says, again, "Waist of money". Then one night our friend brings over the wii to play, next thing we know, my dad is geeking on there playing golf...
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:04 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Other Controls:Up to four Wii Remoteâ„¢ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wiiâ„¢ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchukâ„¢ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Boardâ„¢.

that should answer your question
edit: beaten

anyways, name sounds lame but i like the idea!
I watched the presentation at the nintendo E3 website and I was impressed. The name is a little weird but its not very bad. When I first saw the controller I thinked it was very large but IGN said is "actually quite comfortable to grip" that is good. This console is very interesting and has very wow features. I would like see more games in action in the Wii U.
(Jun. 07, 2011  8:24 PM)Brielyranger Wrote: I watched the presentation at the nintendo E3 website and I was impressed. The name is a little weird but its not very bad. When I first saw the controller I thinked it was very large but IGN said is "actually quite comfortable to grip" that is good. This console is very interesting and has very wow features. I would like see more games in action in the Wii U.

I've seen a bunch of videos of this controller, and haven't been wowed by anything. The camera tracking thing is directly from the Vita, and 3DS. Nor are the visuals all that when we've had comparable platforms for the majority of the last decade. So what's wowing you?

I admit, the Super Smash Brothers 3DS/Wii U thing might be kind of cool depending on if Nintendo does things right.

Edit: So I looked at the third party announcements... It's all ports, and nothing. Seems Nintendo isn't trying to break out of that stigma of terrible third party support on this platform.
This idea of a big controller with a screen on it just seems really stupid to me. I'm the kind of gamer that enjoys playing on a couch in front of a TV. Why do I need to have a screen on my controller? And I have to lay down another hundread bucks for that? No way.

Besides, I'm fairly certain that most Americans and Canadians have fracking televisions. Why do we need a screen in our controllers?!
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:01 PM)Dude Wrote: Why do we need a screen in our controllers?!

the first part of this video has one answer to that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVCbCmo_XXw
Woah, it looks so awesome! Does anyone know what game it's showing on the screen though, it doesn't really look like Twilight Princess...
That's a useful element, I guess, but are you willing to pay around 150 bucks for that? How often will someone rush into the room going "Dude! Baseball is about to start! Get your a*s out of here!!!"? You can't possibly bring it to trips, or something, you'd lose/break/dirty it, so it's like a portable system...around the house?

That's just senseless. You might as well just buy another TV.
hmm this actualy lookis pretty cool.it seems nintendo has realized that they need more than gimics(although this is a complete gimic).but if its a hd consle they are learningt.
wiiu thank god i thought this was goiing to be called nintendo puu
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:21 PM)Dude Wrote: That's a useful element, I guess, but are you willing to pay around 150 bucks for that? How often will someone rush into the room going "Dude! Baseball is about to start! Get your a*s out of here!!!"? You can't possibly bring it to trips, or something, you'd lose/break/dirty it, so it's like a portable system...around the house?

Actually quite often at my house
I'd hate to live at your place.

There'd be a lot of punching, anyway.
This, to me, is like a console version of a DS(and variants).

This is how I see it, the tv screen is the top screen of the ds, the wii u controller is the touch pad (except a little more bad ash-ketchum).
The difference to me is the style of play, and graphics. I don't think the style of play could be too spectacularly different, just a little bit more unique(like nintendo needs to be more uniqueSpeechless)

I think it's interesting, I really have no means to be disappointed or super excited either.
(Jun. 07, 2011  10:21 PM)Dude Wrote: That's a useful element, I guess, but are you willing to pay around 150 bucks for that? How often will someone rush into the room going "Dude! Baseball is about to start! Get your a*s out of here!!!"? You can't possibly bring it to trips, or something, you'd lose/break/dirty it, so it's like a portable system...around the house?

That actually happens a lot in my house. I could be playing Zelda, but if Law and Order is on, my dad tells me to turn it off. Lucky for me, he works late, so I get Wii time when I get home from school. Tongue_out

Also, what if your playing Zelda, and your in the middle of an amazing part, and you gotta poop really badly and you can't hold it, but you don't wanna pause your game? Now you can play it in the bathroom! After all, didn't we all do that with a handheld at some point?

So their saying that you can use a Wii Remote on this thing. So what I'm wondering is this: If you have a Wii, and a Wii U hooked up to your TV, and you press the power button on one of your controllers to turn one of the systems on, will they both turn on? Lol. XD
well dude you just gave a scenario that happens alot XD and yes my family also dos that.and..thats a good question bey-heart.