Wii Sports Resort and Wii Motion+

I must say when I saw trailers for this I nearly carp my pants. Wii Sports Resort looks incredible and the Wii Motion+ really syncs your movements with w/e your doing in the game. I cannot wait for it.

DISCUSS!!!
Can't say this looks all that amazing.
Yes I'm happy for Wii Motion Plus, as I look forward to seeing a game that really makes use of it.

But Resort is just so... uninteresting to me.
But I suppose it's like Wii Sports. Kind of a tech demo to show people how the Wii Remote works in a simple easy-to-use format. Same with Wii Motion Plus with it's games that benefit from the additional control.
I'll probably buy the Motion Plus attachment by itself when it comes out. Or at least wait until a game comes out that both utilizes it, and I actually want.
Yeah I jsut want to try the Sword fighting game in Resort cuz it looks REALLY fun and WM+ will make FPS on the wii sooooooo much easier.
btw the conduit supports that! but the game wiisport resort tbh isnt interisting.i donno but i have many wii games on my list so i probably wont be buying that. check the new hardcore games for the wii that i listed before in gaming random thoughts.those r the real deal.i want them all!
I shall do that.
This is what the Wii should've add at release. It's stupid and greedy of them to wait until now to do it.
I agree Brad.I think if they want to do something right they should a while to do it right the first time.
I think calling Nintendo as a company greedy is alittle harsh when we have Microsoft and (to a lesser extent) Sony making video games
The thing is, Nintendo stated that they knew about this technology before they released the Wii, but it was too expensive to implement it at the time so they waited until now. Never mind that every other console manufacturer was eating costs on every console whereas Nintendo was still making a profit. Now, they've released a good idea which will never see mainstream implementation in games because it's a peripheral and not the main control method.
do u know guys that wii sports and the wii mote was first designed for the game cube? but then nintendo decided to make a whole new system with the motion sencing.so they took the gamecube,changed the shape a bit,made it dvd compatable,added the wiimote and motion scencing and fixed the graphics a bit.
i mean its just a gamecube. (but its still vey fun to play with)
i read this in a vediogames forums before..
It's not exactly like the Gamecube, but it's quite similar. And yes, the initial Wii patents were for a controller add-on for the Gamecube.
They changed the shape a bit ? The shape of the Wii is nothing like the Gamecube.
Also @ Brad, Didn't know that, however you have to remember the Gamecube was not exactly the most popular Nintendo console ever, the DS must have given them some money tho Confused
(Feb. 11, 2009  6:11 PM)Giga Wrote: They changed the shape a bit ? The shape of the Wii is nothing like the Gamecube.
Also @ Brad, Didn't know that, however you have to remember the Gamecube was not exactly the most popular Nintendo console ever, the DS must have given them some money tho Confused

Nobody's arguing that any of Nintendo's decisions have been bad for their business. Just anti-consumer.
[rant]
Right and I'm not trying to defend them just playing Devils Advocate. Microsoft has been really bad with the Xbox imo, and I own one. The fact you have to pay £60 odd quid just to play online is bad

[/rant]

Sorry bout that Brad just putting my 50 pence out there
(Feb. 11, 2009  6:16 PM)Giga Wrote: [rant]
Right and I'm not trying to defend them just playing Devils Advocate. Microsoft has been really bad with the Xbox imo, and I own one. The fact you have to pay £60 odd quid just to play online is bad

[/rant]

Sorry bout that Brad just putting my 50 pence out there

Paying for services that are vastly superior to free services!? Shocking!

You realize that servers cost money to maintain, right?
The fact that Nintendo and Sony offer it free without buying an adapter proves it isn't that costly. Plus Sony's wireless online play is far better than Microsofts. Ugh Lag
(Feb. 11, 2009  6:28 PM)Giga Wrote: The fact that Nintendo and Sony offer it free without buying an adapter proves it isn't that costly. Plus Sony's wireless online play is far better than Microsofts. Ugh Lag

nintendo's "online" is a pathetic joke and PSN isn't bad but LIVE is still 100x richer an experience

whereas LIVE manages most of its own servers, PSN and Nintendo leave that to the game developers, which is why Sony and Nintendo don't have to charge
(Feb. 11, 2009  6:28 PM)Giga Wrote: The fact that Nintendo and Sony offer it free without buying an adapter proves it isn't that costly. Plus Sony's wireless online play is far better than Microsofts. Ugh Lag

This has nothing to do with their respective services, its with your connection. Although I suppose it could be due to the fact that most PS3 games online use dedicated servers, whereas with 360 its all peer to peer.

Do you really think server maintenance is inexpensive? Tell that to Blizzard, who has spent over $200,000,000 on their servers to keep WoW running since 2004. WoW has over 11 million subscribers actively playing, Xbox Live is at roughly 17 million subscribers -- I imagine the cost of keeping the service up and running is staggering, and while its definitely interesting that Sony and Nintendo are able to offer online play for free, I'm really not sure how they're doing it financially.
Ah okay thanks for clearing that up for me guys Smile
Gonna be using my Xbox some more then...
Anyway back on topic
well it think Nintendo is doing well. I just wish they would make a WHOLE new nintendo character. Golden Sun was a nintendo game and look how well that did Nintendo needs to release Golden Sun back onto the DS or even the Wii. I think Nintendo should try to think of new stuff than just using Mario, Zelda, and Samus.
Yes they are, but I think Nintendo should start with something fresh. Sony always has new characters and Microsoft as well I don't see why Nintendo can't do the same.
How well do these characters fair (apart from Sackboy)
what do you mean exactly?