Why hello.

This is probably one of the most impulsive moments of my life.
(Joining and posting on this site)

I was feeling nostalgic the other day, I was thinking about an old friend who I used to play beyblade with.
I figured I'd dig out my stuff and give him a call.

I look around and...CARP. I had remembered I had given my blades to another friend.
I guess I had kept a couple, and I found a few more.
But none of the ones I had memories of.

This is all I have left.

[Image: hni0042p.jpg]

I don't even have any of the normal launchers >_>

I'll have to see if I can get some back from the person I gave them to.

But however, it looks like I DID save something.

[Image: hni0043c.jpg]

I realize jumping base has a poor reputation, but this thing was my personal tyrant back then.

The piece that holds the attack ring has a couple bits broken off, a common problem as it seems.

It didn't occur to me at the time I guess, but wouldn't that make a blade more absorbent?

Everything about it seems peculiar, it has a round tip (what does that make it?), one of those magnetic weight disks, and the attack ring is free-spinning.

Either way, I love this thing, the nostalgia is CRUSHING ME.

Well, that aside, I really want to start playing again, but I have no money. :c

I do however, have lots of things. Video games, PC games, nerf guns, board games, yugioh, and more legos then I know what to do with.

Maybe someone would be willing to help, or would like to trade?

TL;DR, I'm a nostalgic idiot who wants to PRAY BEYBRADE. (once more)
Welcome!
Welcome to the WBO
Welcome, and I suggest you use MFB Beyblades because those plastic ones don't really cut it anymore.
Metal Fight has become a standard, and depending on where you live, it could come late fall or summer.
If you dont feel like waiting that long, you can buy online. GL here.
Welcome to the WBO!

A lot of people joined this site out of nostalgia Tongue_out
Wow, a lot of responses.

(May. 14, 2010  11:47 AM)∂an Wrote: Welcome, and I suggest you use MFB Beyblades because those plastic ones don't really cut it anymore.
Metal Fight has become a standard, and depending on where you live, it could come late fall or summer.
If you dont feel like waiting that long, you can buy online. GL here.

I live in the US, and I'll probably buy some when they're released.
But honestly, I don't really like the idea of them.
I bought one HMS and that pretty much made me stop buying blades, because I knew where it was going.

And I was right.

But considering everyone else is using MFB now...maybe they would be more inclined to trade some plastics away?

Maybe this might work out in the end.
Dude, I feel your pain. My favourite blade broke and I gave all my stuff away to some kid down the street. He doesn't have them anymore...
(May. 14, 2010  8:52 PM)CherryICG Wrote: Dude, I feel your pain. My favourite blade broke and I gave all my stuff away to some kid down the street. He doesn't have them anymore...

D:

I gave mine to a friend, hopefully he wasn't as foolish as I was.
Hey, man, at least new ones are coming out, and with the guys from this site already having this going, it's going to be some sort of challenge to kill it again.

I'm ordering Storm Aquario from someone in Korea off of Ebay. Takara Tomy original, factory sealed in box!
(May. 14, 2010  8:06 PM)Cathodian Wrote: But honestly, I don't really like the idea of them.
I bought one HMS and that pretty much made me stop buying blades, because I knew where it was going.

And I was right.

What do you mean by, "I don't really like the idea of them", and "I bought one HMS and that pretty much made me stop buying blades, because I knew where it was going"?

HMS was an amazing system.
(May. 14, 2010  9:43 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(May. 14, 2010  8:06 PM)Cathodian Wrote: But honestly, I don't really like the idea of them.

And I was right.

What do you mean by, "I don't really like the idea of them", and "I bought one HMS and that pretty much made me stop buying blades, because I knew where it was going"?

HMS was an amazing system.

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing.

But I had figured, since metal tops were being released, eventually that would be the only type available.

I love the plastic ones, the gimmicks and designs make them stand out.
Every time I see HMS, they all look similar with little or no differences.

The MFB are looking pretty nice though, so I can't say that I don't like them, but I don't like the lack of plastics.

That's really what made beyblade fun for me. The gimmicks.
I love seeing blades with weird traits/abilities, even if they aren't very practical.

I've been looking around for about...a week now?
And I've seen a lot of combos and things, zombies and smash attack in particular.

I never really thought about making combos with beyblades, the only time I ever
changed parts was when something broke.
(May. 14, 2010  10:28 PM)Cathodian Wrote: But I had figured, since metal tops were being released, eventually that would be the only type available.

Well, yes. Everything has to continue change and improve. That's the way the world works. Plastic for spinning tops is out-dated now. If they continued with Plastic Beyblades, people would eventually, inevitably lose interest.

(May. 14, 2010  10:28 PM)Cathodian Wrote: I love the plastic ones, the gimmicks and designs make them stand out.
Every time I see HMS, they all look similar with little or no differences. That's really what made beyblade fun for me. The gimmicks.
I love seeing blades with weird traits/abilities, even if they aren't very practical.

HMS and MFB actually have a lot of parts with very unique and interesting gimmicks. HMS had a lot of gimmicks, and there is still a lot more to come in terms of MFB.

(May. 14, 2010  10:28 PM)Cathodian Wrote: I never really thought about making combos with beyblades, the only time I ever

Customization is a huge part of Beyblade, which is why we have an entire forum dedicated to Beyblade customizations.
I noticed the same thing with the HMS, that's why I'm so extremely impressed with the Metal Fight series. But still, there are limits to how far it can go. It's still just two spinning tops bouncing off of eachother in a bowl.

The game will always be 75% type matchup, 20% skill/knowledge, and 5% BS.
(May. 14, 2010  10:56 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(May. 14, 2010  10:28 PM)Cathodian Wrote: But I had figured, since metal tops were being released, eventually that would be the only type available.

Well, yes. Everything has to continue change and improve. That's the way the world works. Plastic for spinning tops is out-dated now. If they continued with Plastic Beyblades, people would eventually, inevitably lose interest.

(May. 14, 2010  10:28 PM)Cathodian Wrote: I love the plastic ones, the gimmicks and designs make them stand out.
Every time I see HMS, they all look similar with little or no differences. That's really what made beyblade fun for me. The gimmicks.

HMS and MFB actually have a lot of parts with very unique and interesting gimmicks. HMS had a lot of gimmicks, and there is still a lot more to come in terms of MFB.

(May. 14, 2010  10:28 PM)Cathodian Wrote: I never really thought about making combos with beyblades, the only time I ever

Customization is a huge part of Beyblade, which is why we have an entire forum dedicated to Beyblade customizations.

I have seen some of the strange HMS series, but how exactly do MFB work?

I was looking at those 'track' parts, I think that's what they're called, what do they do exactly? Some looked pretty odd.

Other than those I haven't really noticed anything else...
I understand how you feel about plastics, but I agree with aqua that things have improved.
I only wish that they had made a few MFB versions of old beyblade models. Maybe not practical, but I'd like it.
(May. 14, 2010  11:23 PM)Cathodian Wrote: I have seen some of the strange HMS series, but how exactly do MFB work?

I was looking at those 'track' parts, I think that's what they're called, what do they do exactly? Some looked pretty odd.

Other than those I haven't really noticed anything else...

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...t_Beyblade

Take a look at some of the threads that we have for MFB products. For example, Sol Blaze V145AS is one of the upcoming releases.

You can check out DrigerGT's youtube channel for videos of MFB in action.
(May. 15, 2010  12:04 AM)Aqua Wrote: Take a look at some of the threads that we have for MFB products. For example, Sol Blaze V145AS is one of the upcoming releases.

Now THAT looks insane.
Welcome to WBO!
Bienvenid@ a la WBO!