Why do some people totally bash people who like anime??

Another thing I hate about the average anime fan, using the word Otaku to describe themselves in a positive light. The word is a pretty derogatory term in Japanese. Yet I've seen people calling each other this, and thinking it's a good thing.
i love anime to but there are certain animes i cant stand.
im in anime club at my school(every wendsday ) and sometimes i cant be around them at certain times.
this may sound mean but i fully support the club.
they sometime say that that my health teacher hates kids who like anime , she doesnt she hates kids who act immature. .
like when they go down the hall screaming or arein the lunchroom yelling( i wont name no names but this one girl in perticular, everytime she talks and is into the conversations shes yells and hit her hand on the table ard and that is really annoying.
(Apr. 27, 2009  1:28 AM)Pearl J Wrote: I was on Yahoo Answers and my friend on the site sent me a link to a question that was asked. This guy was a total jerk. And it made me realize there are a lot more people out there like this ...

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...507AA3mU8i

Anime Freaks: Don't you hate arrogant losers like him?

Have you ever had an experience where people made fun of you for liking anime?

Some people are just asses and will take any chance they can to rip you to pieces. That said, there are some animes that are pretty awful (Apocalypse Zero =x), but if there are people that acutally like it, what can you do?
I'm the most un-weeabooish of fans, sure I like anime, sure I cosplay, but there are people in my school who are 100x worse, and somehow I get harassed and mocked just because one guy saw me reading the Pokemon Adventures comic ONCE and acts like a total douche and has his hobby-hiding loser friends back him up. (I'm sorry, go back to SPONGEBOB and let me enjoy my non-pathetic non-4 year old cartoons) Luckily he's graduating this year, I'm staying an extra year to take a few new courses. But I know where this ranting guy is coming from. I tried going into our school's new anime club (which is run by the worst person to choose, someone who only invites her friends and tries isolating the rest of the school from the club) and everyone in it is just so damn pathetic (excluding the ones with some common sense and maturity) it's not even funny. It's full of chicks, who all the time, just want to see Yaoi and whenever guys try and get a vote in for something else they simply get ignored. It's literally the highest point of weeabooism you can get to.

Amusingly whenever I go in there to see if my friend is in there, I'd always see the lonely computer nerds trying to pick up chicks from the club. As well as fail miserably and obey everything they get asked to do, yet they never realize they will never get anyone from the club since they only have a one-track mind: anime.
spongebob rules
of course spongebob rules.
but sometimes you gotta stand up for yourself even if it means its you AGAINST MULTIPLE PEOPLE
Half of the people at my school don't know what anime is.

Its actually alot more than half.
People who maliciously ridicule relatively normal people for liking anime are probably dumb people that are really judgmental.

It's literally no different than liking Saturday morning cartoons, or South Park.

Edit:

Oh right, a good deal of anime is carp insane on epic levels, so I can understand why some people give fair criticism against it.
(Jun. 17, 2009  8:24 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: spongebob rules

Hey Patrick! Guess what I am!
(Jun. 17, 2009  8:24 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: spongebob rules

Personally I liked it until everything just became boring. I personally just find Invader Zim funnier.
(Jun. 17, 2009  9:07 PM)Spinster Wrote: Hey Patrick! Guess what I am!

UHHH STUPID

(Jun. 17, 2009  9:10 PM)Gadget Wrote: Personally I liked it until everything just became boring. I personally just find Invader Zim funnier.

TEH RANDOM. XDDD CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE
(Jun. 17, 2009  9:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: UHHH STUPID

TEH RANDOM. XDDD CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

TTTACCCOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!
(Jun. 17, 2009  9:50 PM)Gadget Wrote: TTTACCCOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!

i was being sarcastic. "random" humour is irritating as hell

Urban Dictionary Wrote:RANDOM

The latest buzzword used amongst mindless teenagers as a way of showing just so utterly irreverent their predictable sense of humour is. Particularly dominant among English teens and University students, the word "random" or the act of being "random" is a desperate plea for others to recognise how totally against the grain of the norm you are and that you're really crazy and out there. Trouble is, being "random" is predictable, boring, moronic and extremely sad indeed.

Often used by an MTVeenager.
Uni Student: "Cheese! HA HA!"
Another Uni Student: "Wow that's soooo RANDOM! Let's go and buy some trendy clothes which have meaningless and pretentious words/numbers all over to make us look random."

Cool
You're not very good at showing Sarcasm you know.
(Jun. 17, 2009  9:53 PM)Gadget Wrote: You're not very good at showing Sarcasm you know.

if you actually find something amusing about "TEH RANDOM. XDDD CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE" then you are a broken person and i dont know what to tell you
touché, I shall shut up now.

NO! I'M TEXAS!
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?!

HURR HURR HURRR
Let me get this straight, you ordered a brand new television, just so you can play in the box?