Why do I have to have 50 posts in order to host a tournament through you guys?

I really want to host an 100 blader Beyblade Metal Fight tournament here in Los Angeles. However, I see that in order to become an organizer, you have to have at least 50 posts on this website. At this rate, it would take me forever to get to 50 posts without just spamming. Can you guys please change that up?
(Jul. 15, 2020  8:16 AM)tylinj23 Wrote: I really want to host an 100 blader Beyblade Metal Fight tournament here in Los Angeles. However, I see that in order to become an organizer, you have to have at least 50 posts on this website. At this rate, it would take me forever to get to 50 posts without just spamming. Can you guys please change that up?
The whole idea of it is likely to test a number of things. Are you seriously committed to the wbo or rather willing to commit to it? Are you mature enough to host a tournament (you could say this is where the no spamming part comes in)? Are you openly interested in learning about the wbo? It’s basically what they use to seperate the serious people from the people who bluff or are not particularly serious about this.

They definitely won’t change that and to be honest it really makes sense. If someone really has the maturity, patience and is really serious about wanting to host tournaments then it shouldn’t be too much of a problem to walk through the 50 posts.
(Jul. 15, 2020  8:54 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2020  8:16 AM)tylinj23 Wrote: I really want to host an 100 blader Beyblade Metal Fight tournament here in Los Angeles. However, I see that in order to become an organizer, you have to have at least 50 posts on this website. At this rate, it would take me forever to get to 50 posts without just spamming. Can you guys please change that up?
The whole idea of it is likely to test a number of things. Are you seriously committed to the wbo or rather willing to commit to it? Are you mature enough to host a tournament (you could say this is where the no spamming part comes in)? Are you openly interested in learning about the wbo? It’s basically what they use to seperate the serious people from the people who bluff or are not particularly serious about this.

They definitely won’t change that and to be honest it really makes sense. If someone really has the maturity, patience and is really serious about wanting to host tournaments then it shouldn’t be too much of a problem to walk though the 50 posts.

Got it. Now I see. Alright well 50 days, 50 posts, here we go!
Even if you complete the 50 posts requirement, there's no guarantee that you'll be accepted as an organizer, not to mention that a 100-blader tournament is a huge undertaking for someone's first time hosting. There's also the pandemic to think about.

I'd suggest (when the pandemic is over and tournaments start up again) attending some local tournaments and helping out with them in some capacity, to get a feel for what it's like to run an event.

There's no harm in being excited to become an organizer and start hosting tournaments, but diving in headfirst with no preparation could seriously backfire.
You used to be able to take the quiz without any restrictions, but we received far more spammy or irrelevant quizzes than you would imagine. The 50 post requirement was very much a bandaid fix to prevent that and it's by no means perfect at all. We don't like it any more than you do, but it has helped tremendously with what we wanted it to do, as well as promoting involvement and initiative in the community too, or highlighting when someone may not have the maturity to legitimately meet our requirements.

We do offer the ability to bypass this restriction to promising prospective Organizers, which you can request by messaging a member of staff onsite. We don't often permit it, but we do make exceptions if you can put together a good case or event plan to support it.

In the long term, while some form of post count restriction will likely always exist, we are looking at better restrictions to take the quiz, perhaps focusing on how long you've been signed up or the quality of Competitive Play posts. But we have nothing to share at this current time, sorry!

Regarding your 100 Blader event suggestion; in the present time with the ongoing pandemic, we wouldn't approve an event like that anyway and we expect most events to go as high as 25 participants maximum, depending on your local restrictions. We also do have restrictions for an Organizer's first event which hard caps your event to 24 so they aren't overwhelmed (as event days are definitely stressful!).

Despite that, I definitely love your enthusiasm here though! If you're serious about hosting, I look forward to seeing an application from you in the not-so-distant future! Smile