Why I started Beywiki.com

I know many people are confused as to the purpose of Beywiki.com. It seems to most members that Beyblade Forums seemed to be doing an adequate job, right?

Beywiki.com, to put it bluntly, is a response to the laziness of the adminstration at Beyblade Forums.

Both Rai and Zanon have proven that they don't really have an interest in Beyblade. Rai pays for BBF and demands respect for it, even though he is completely detached from the community. Zanon only cares about the anime, and his fansub has been "coming soon" for a long time ...

If you look at the history of ZeroPositive, you will know that it has always been "coming soon". It was never ready, never completed.

Rai created the wiki for us there, and I was excited about that. But I was completely unable to control any aspect of its administration without him, and of course, he was never present.

The administration at BBF and myself have had many disagreements. However, the truth of the matter is that the growth of the Beyblade community is at a dead end in terms of Beyblade Forums. They want to own the site, but the community owns it.

Myself and many other members constantly gave all we could to restructuring the community, and these efforts went seemingly unappreciated by an administration who wanted to maintain total control.

After a rather large disagreement, I realized that for things to move ahead, for us to continue learning about Beyblade and spreading interest where ever we could, something new had to be done. I did not want to open up another Beyblade site, but it seemed necessary. So I decided to start Beywiki.com.

I want to make it clear that I do not want to claim complete ownership of Beywiki.com. I am paying the (rather small) bill, and I founded it, and that's the end of my exclusive involvement. This community belongs to the members, and I always want to hear what ideas you have to improve the site. Of course, since it is a wiki, you can go straight ahead to improving things directly. Smile

So please, leave comments and suggestions if you wish. This is not my community. This is our community.
+ respect man. I agree they should have appreciated your efforts in reviving the community better (Even though I don't like beyblade anymore)

Oh and I agree 100% with the "ZP coming soon" thing, I mean they've been saying it (and still are) since 2004..
Silver Kane Wrote:+ respect man. I agree they should have appreciated your efforts in reviving the community better (Even though I don't like beyblade anymore)

Oh and I agree 100% with the "ZP coming soon" thing, I mean they've been saying it (and still are) since 2004..

I agree that I think I had a lot more to do with rebuilding the community than either of them combined. But, it wasn't about just me: they were wholly unappreciative of the efforts made by the community.
It was a brilliant move the community I must say. I was tired of how they just kept popping in and how demanding order and what not.
I wish I was still knowlegable enough to write articles.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I wish I was still knowlegable enough to write articles.
Exactly a main reason it is needed.

Those few with that required amount of knowledge would unfortunately need to be the ones to make the Wikipedia quantified enough, for others to learn.

Or at least, if everyone tried, they would only need to help correct.

I hope the decision for this board will spark determination to improve other communities, and not flames over similar (school/domestic) valid excuses for general inactivity, elsewhere. And also continue with positive spirits for times to come.

Of the 3 or so Beyblade Wikipedias around currently, one at least should aim for some kind of 'completion', with good backup strategies for the almost inevitable...
MediaWiki software backs up everythig automatically. Everyone was flipping out over nothing before.
At least a few people are putting in effort. Its good to know that people still give a carp.

Thanks to Brad and the others that are helping so much! You guys rock!
I hope to be a great addition to our community.

And hopefully, this'll turn out better than ZP's wiki.
ThePhoenixKing Wrote:At least a few people are putting in effort. Its good to know that people still give a carp.

Thanks to Brad and the others that are helping so much! You guys rock!

It's our pleasure. Smile

Siliva Wrote:I hope to be a great addition to our community.

Me too. I'm currently without my Beyblades. When I get them back, expect my article count to jump. Wink
Siliva Wrote:I hope to be a great addition to our community.

On that topic, what happened to the ZP's wiki? I saw that the wiki section was removed.
I'm guessing Rai or Zanon aren't too happy about this project. Wink
haha

Quote:All Beyblade wiki activities have been moved to http://www.beywiki.com
Nice touch adding that on the old wiki btw
HAHAHAHA Smile Well, it's true!

I wonder how long it is before they ban me.
Tamer Brad Wrote:HAHAHAHA Smile Well, it's true!

Probably a week since that's probably going to be their next visit
G Wrote:

lmao. I suppose you guys are having a laugh at this.

Good job with the site, Brad, you're doing a great job with everything, it sure is better than BBF/ZPwiki, and good job to the others who have helped! =P (G, Kei)
G Wrote:

i didn't approve this

guys, i give my money, my money, and MY MONEY, and this is how you thank me?

money.

Elmo Wrote:Good job with the site, Brad, you're doing a great job with everything, it sure is better than BBF/ZPwiki, and good job to the others who have helped! =P (G, Kei)

Thank you so much. Smile I'm really glad you're enjoying it.
I see. I think this choice you made has been a good one. I hope the site continues to prosper.

money Joyful_3
money.

Smile

I'm glad you're happy with the site. It seems to be doing quite well!
DormantSpirit Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:money.

Smile

I'm glad you're happy with the site. It seems to be doing quite well!

If it were possible, I would build an army of Giant Wing Attackers, and sic em on those money munchers ... wait ... now I think about it ... they would just attack each other and kill me in the process. Oh well!

i don't think spamming is gonna help you here
Wow I love this site. It brings back so many memories. By the way Brad, did you ever stop beyblading after the close of OtC/Damashii as well as the stopping of new released beyblades?
alex_Lei1993 Wrote:Wow I love this site. It brings back so many memories. By the way Brad, did you ever stop beyblading after the close of OtC/Damashii as well as the stopping of new released beyblades?

I did for a long time. I lost interest entirely. But I regained it. Smile