Which burst character do you hate the most ?

(Apr. 24, 2019  12:53 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  6:33 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I don't hate Zac personally, he's a very upbeat person who had something with the Akira plot. I just feel like he's the weakest Spin Emperor character wise... but then again seeing as the other three are over-saturated (Lui to a lesser extent) I wouldn't mind Zac returning because he's feeling refreshing at this point.
I disagree character wise, because of the four, he got fleshed out the most. Outside of being a Kamen Rider and beating the carp out of everyone (i sorry, episode 25 was that good), he has to balance being a performer and blader, him mentoring the newbies and being a semi rival to Valt as he grew, actually improving as a blader despite having no special moves at the start, seeing potential within Orochi/Hoji/Wakiya in contrast to what the writers did with them, and as you pointed out, Akira. You could argue Shu got the most characterization, but out of the four in season 2, its Zac/Shu, then Lui/Xhaka in terms of overall characterization.

I sort of agree on this, though I do find Zac a little boring at times. Though, I do find his career and personal story a little interesting. Im just divided on choosing either Zac or Xander as my least favorite Supreme Four character wise. I despise Xander a little, because he wasnt very good character-wise compared to Zac. I feel like Xander is given credit for being Valt’s childhood friend, and pretty much leading Sword Flames; and got some foundation for there. But I do relate to others disliking Zac due to his character; Zac is one of those characters who “poof” out of nowhere. And it wasn’t like anyone had a connection to him beforehand (unlike Xander, who was friends with Valt)
(Apr. 23, 2019  7:57 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'm actually not sure why some people don't like Zac. I'm not against different opinions but no one really elaborates on their dislike and I'm just curious as to why?

Legitimate criticisms:
Like Jinbee pointed out, some think he’s got the weakest characterization of the Four Emperors.
Some were pissed he downright quit beyblading.
The British accent.

Petty reasons with no logic:
He’s an idol
He’s gay (I’m not joking about this part)
Homophobic claims
He’s the weakest Spin Emperor (blading wise)
(Apr. 24, 2019  1:15 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  7:57 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'm actually not sure why some people don't like Zac. I'm not against different opinions but no one really elaborates on their dislike and I'm just curious as to why?

Legitimate criticisms:
Like Jinbee pointed out, some think he’s got the weakest characterization of the Four Emperors.
The British accent.

He’s an idol
Homophobic claims

I heard that he has “homophobic claims,” but its been a long time since I watched the first season. Can you give me some examples of his quotes that express so? (I know that the subject of sexualities is controversal, so feel free to PM me instead)
(Apr. 24, 2019  1:17 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2019  1:15 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Legitimate criticisms:
The British accent.

He’s an idol
Homophobic claims

I heard that he has “homophobic claims,” but its been a long time since I watched the first season. Can you give me some examples of his quotes that express so? (I know that the subject of sexualities is controversal, so feel free to PM me instead)
Idol culture, especially tezarakura (I'm spelling that wrong but I did research on Japanese music and theatre a few years back) tends to have a lot of gender dynamics that don't lean into one or another. He doesn't really have homosexual traits (and if he did, it shouldn't be a problem), its just there's a vocal minority that just hate him because "he's so gay and homo" and won't give any reasons/examples why. And its a really dumb argument.
If people hate Zac for the other reasons, sure, go ahead, but if false accusations and homophobia is a reason...that's not a good reason.
(Apr. 24, 2019  12:53 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  8:07 PM)SprigganNemesis Wrote: In my opinion, Lui was getting better during Cho-Z with his character, it's so sad they just had to waste him, I think it would've been cool if he became a protagonist after episode 15 and maybe even settle differences with Shu.
Was he really wasted or underutilized? Given all the backlash against the legacy character as of late, while i'd like to se him more, he did enough where I can't say he was wasted in the story.

(Apr. 23, 2019  6:33 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I don't hate Zac personally, he's a very upbeat person who had something with the Akira plot. I just feel like he's the weakest Spin Emperor character wise... but then again seeing as the other three are over-saturated (Lui to a lesser extent) I wouldn't mind Zac returning because he's feeling refreshing at this point.
I disagree character wise, because of the four, he got fleshed out the most. Outside of being a Kamen Rider and beating the carp out of everyone (i sorry, episode 25 was that good), he has to balance being a performer and blader, him mentoring the newbies and being a semi rival to Valt as he grew, actually improving as a blader despite having no special moves at the start, seeing potential within Orochi/Hoji/Wakiya in contrast to what the writers did with them, and as you pointed out, Akira. You could argue Shu got the most characterization, but out of the four in season 2, its Zac/Shu, then Lui/Xhaka in terms of overall characterization.

It might be because Zac lacks the amount of appearances compared to the two as TT axed him off (which I presume was after being embarrassed over Z2), but honestly, there wasn't as much characterisation for me. There's definitely elements to it, but as far as I understand, they really didn't do anything with his whole "having to balance out blader and popstar thing", he seemed to be perfectly okay with balancing them, not once has he ever regretted blading because it got in the way of his popstar career, for example. I'll give that he mentored and saw potential in Wakiya, Hoji, Valt and presumably Orochi, but it's just brief advice, and I always just saw that as him being humble and kind as he's meant to be, plus him seeing potential in Akira was likely because of how he skyrocketed in popularity with his music career, being only behind Zac. Shu mentored people a lot more often, even the first season, and he sees potential in some bladers too. Heck, even Xhaka had kind of the same mentoring thing now that I think about it. Zac is strong no doubt, but it's hardly a point in his favour, it doesn't really help his character that much in my opinion. 

For me, Shu definitely got the most characterisation, and while it's not fair seeing as he got the most appearances and appeared a lot in all three seasons, he was clearly planned out and thought ahead. Him going from a seemingly perfect blader skill and attitude wise, he's shown to care about victory over friends, then had to get himself out of that hole later on. It's likely why Shu is so ungodly popular... besides another reason which I won't get into.

Lui was weak backstory wise as it was brief, but we saw some brief changes in attitude, not to mention he saw potential in Valt also, so much so he watched over. We initially thought of Lui as some overly aggressive troublemaker who just wants to hurt another blader, he seems to show an honourable side to him, concerning over if Valt could actually play the final round, not accepting a win when he didn't feel like he earned it, when before we saw that he got worried over losing his title against Shu and hellbent on winning. In Chouzetsu he's matured a little, he retains his aggressive and cocky attitude but he's less dismissive and seems willing to challenge new bladers, perhaps he saw potential in them too.

I'll agree Xhaka was weak character wise, as he seemed mainly to be that one cool guy with the overhyped beys and gimmicks, he was Valts childhood friend which doesn't have that much to it besides Valt knowing him, although you could argue that when Xhaka was gravely disappointed in Valt, being a childhood friend could've been why his anger had more weight. Ehh... perhaps I'll change my mind and call him the weakest character wise, him appearing a lot more than Zac probably gave the illusion he got more development... he honestly didn't. Just there to advertise a useless gimmick.

Zac does do the mentoring thing well enough, if a little brief, but apart from to maybe Valt, it's not as prominent compared to others (besides Lui). Zac does seem to change a bit throughout the series, going from a flashy go lucky type of person to someone to someone who reveals to fear over anyone possibly overtaking him being the star of the show, hence his whole sunshine shtick, in the case of Akira and Valt. I'd like to think his Kamen persona is a mask to hide his somewhat less confident self. Besides being a bit more humble towards the end, I honestly couldn't find much to him. On a new evaluation, Zac does have a decent characterisation, and I may place him over Xhaka in that regard but I don't think I'd put him over Shu or even on the same level.

My apologies for the ridiculously long post, it always happens with me and I have no idea why.
(Apr. 24, 2019  1:44 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2019  12:53 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Was he really wasted or underutilized? Given all the backlash against the legacy character as of late, while i'd like to se him more, he did enough where I can't say he was wasted in the story.

It might be because Zac lacks the amount of appearances compared to the two as TT axed him off (which I presume was after being embarrassed over Z2), but honestly, there wasn't as much characterisation for me. There's definitely elements to it, but as far as I understand, they really didn't do anything with his whole "having to balance out blader and popstar thing", he seemed to be perfectly okay with balancing them, not once has he ever regretted blading because it got in the way of his popstar career, for example. I'll give that he mentored and saw potential in Wakiya, Hoji, Valt and presumably Orochi, but it's just brief advice, and I always just saw that as him being humble and kind as he's meant to be, plus him seeing potential in Akira was likely because of how he skyrocketed in popularity with his music career, being only behind Zac. Shu mentored people a lot more often, even the first season, and he sees potential in some bladers too. Heck, even Xhaka had kind of the same mentoring thing now that I think about it. Zac is strong no doubt, but it's hardly a point in his favour, it doesn't really help his character that much in my opinion. 

For me, Shu definitely got the most characterisation, and while it's not fair seeing as he got the most appearances and appeared a lot in all three seasons, he was clearly planned out and thought ahead. Him going from a seemingly perfect blader skill and attitude wise, he's shown to care about victory over friends, then had to get himself out of that hole later on. It's likely why Shu is so ungodly popular... besides another reason which I won't get into.

Lui was weak backstory wise as it was brief, but we saw some brief changes in attitude, not to mention he saw potential in Valt also, so much so he watched over. We initially thought of Lui as some overly aggressive troublemaker who just wants to hurt another blader, he seems to show an honourable side to him, concerning over if Valt could actually play the final round, not accepting a win when he didn't feel like he earned it, when before we saw that he got worried over losing his title against Shu and hellbent on winning. In Chouzetsu he's matured a little, he retains his aggressive and cocky attitude but he's less dismissive and seems willing to challenge new bladers, perhaps he saw potential in them too.

I'll agree Xhaka was weak character wise, as he seemed mainly to be that one cool guy with the overhyped beys and gimmicks, he was Valts childhood friend which doesn't have that much to it besides Valt knowing him, although you could argue that when Xhaka was gravely disappointed in Valt, being a childhood friend could've been why his anger had more weight. Ehh... perhaps I'll change my mind and call him the weakest character wise, him appearing a lot more than Zac probably gave the illusion he got more development... he honestly didn't. Just there to advertise a useless gimmick.

Zac does do the mentoring thing well enough, if a little brief, but apart from to maybe Valt, it's not as prominent compared to others (besides Lui). Zac does seem to change a bit throughout the series, going from a flashy go lucky type of person to someone to someone who reveals to fear over anyone possibly overtaking him being the star of the show, hence his whole sunshine shtick, in the case of Akira and Valt. I'd like to think his Kamen persona is a mask to hide his somewhat less confident self. Besides being a bit more humble towards the end, I honestly couldn't find much to him. On a new evaluation, Zac does have a decent characterisation, and I may place him over Xhaka in that regard but I don't think I'd put him over Shu or even on the same level.

My apologies for the ridiculously long post, it always happens with me and I have no idea why.

Why were they embraced over Zeus 2? Did the real life beyblade have problems?

You know what would’ve been great closure for Joshua in God/Evolution? After Joshua loses, Zac shows up to challenge him to a match with Galaxy Zeus and convinces him to change up his mentality as a star can’t always be self absorbed for only 6-10 minutes of screentime.

It does feel like his popularity would’ve been higher if he returned in future seasons since I remember a fair number of people asking WHERE THE HELL IS Zac when God/Evolution was airing.

Xhaha has merits of good character, just one that didn’t change all that much. Sometimes, some characters don’t need to have dynamic change as long as they’re interesting and fun to watch.
(Apr. 24, 2019  2:27 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Why were they embraced over Zeus 2? Did the real life beyblade have problems?

You know what would’ve been great closure for Joshua in God/Evolution? After Joshua loses, Zac shows up to challenge him to a match with Galaxy Zeus and convinces him to change up his mentality as a star can’t always be self absorbed for only 6-10 minutes of screentime.

It does feel like his popularity would’ve been higher if he returned in future seasons since I remember a fair number of people asking WHERE THE HELL IS Zac when God/Evolution was airing.

Xhaha has merits of good character, just one that didn’t change all that much. Sometimes, some characters don’t need to have dynamic change as long as they’re interesting and fun to watch.

Oh heck yes, Zillion Zeus was the most fragile layer ever. It felt like TT wanted us to forget it ever existed, given how no rerelease ever came to fruition in Random Boosters or even Random Layers. Seems like the same case for Deathscyther, except swap out breakages with being too strong for it's time. Both rectified their problems in God series but were ultimately axed off, it seems.

That would honestly be great, Zac teaching Joshua the values of being a humble person and having fun, especially coming from another celebrity. I hated that Joshua never really had good closure, just gets beaten by the former no.5 Xhaka 2-0 (because of course we needed more Xhaka petting) and that was it. I really wanted Karina's little monologue after Joshua lost to Sisco to take effect.

Yeah, a lot did. Same case as Kensuke, where a lot of people (including myself) asked where he was, I mean Guardian Kerbeus was there waiting for him.

And you're right. Xhaka himself is a fun character to watch, and is likeable, I just think he lacks characterisation and would like something from him.
(Apr. 24, 2019  2:35 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2019  2:27 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Why were they embraced over Zeus 2? Did the real life beyblade have problems?

Oh heck yes, Zillion Zeus was the most fragile layer ever. It felt like TT wanted us to forget it ever existed, given how no rerelease ever came to fruition in Random Boosters or even Random Layers. Seems like the same case for Deathscyther, except swap out breakages with being too strong for it's time. Both rectified their problems in God series but were ultimately axed off, it seems.

That would honestly be great, Zac teaching Joshua the values of being a humble person and having fun, especially coming from another celebrity. I hated that Joshua never really had good closure, just gets beaten by the former no.5 Xhaka 2-0 (because of course we needed more Xhaka petting) and that was it. I really wanted Karina's little monologue after Joshua lost to Sisco to take effect.

Yeah, a lot did. Same case as Kensuke, where a lot of people (including myself) asked where he was, I mean Guardian Kerbeus was there waiting for him.

And you're right. Xhaka himself is a fun character to watch, and is likeable, I just think he lacks characterisation and would like something from him.
That's a bit of a surprise especially how hyped up Zeus was. Geez, Attack types were supposed to be the strong but fragile ones.

Thanks. At least Joshua beat Ren. Seriously Group B's fights with the exception of Silas's battles, Joshua vs Free, and Free vs Lui needed way more screentime than what we got.

Where would we put Ken in God if we had the chance. There's something else I'll bring up in the Random thread but I feel like yeah, Ken should've played a major role after all the character development, and I'm shocked he wasn't in the top 20 characters poll.

I'mg glad they did some more with Xhaka in God, but I wasn't fond of how Wakiya was immediately shafted.
The guy who owns Jormuntor. He looks insane, possessed, and like he hasn’t slept in a year!
(Apr. 24, 2019  3:51 AM)HappyRhino Wrote: The guy who owns Jormuntor. He looks insane, possessed, and like he hasn’t slept in a year!
Sounds less like you hate him and more like you're concerned he hasn't been to a doctor's office in a while.
(Apr. 24, 2019  3:51 AM)HappyRhino Wrote: The guy who owns Jormuntor. He looks insane, possessed, and like he hasn’t slept in a year!

Sounds like youre concerned. Id also be concerned, and its a miracle how he havent been taken to the doctor yet

Then again, in Burst, adults dont care about kids talking to their Beys as if theyre actual people (so I highly doubt they care about hallucinating at all)
(Apr. 23, 2019  4:47 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  4:31 PM)Beynote Wrote: I hate zac, and Joshua. And even heartz.
Joshua I get, why Heartz and Zac (please don't let it be the reason i think it is)?

I hate zac because he seemed more of a pop star than a blader to me. I mean, he was a member of the supreme 4, he should’ve been way more serious about blading than he was.

I felt like hearts was just there for the creation of dead Phoenix and losing to Valt so he could get his title back. I would’ve almost felt poor for the guy if he hadn’t had resonance with his bey.
(Apr. 24, 2019  12:52 PM)Beynote Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  4:47 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Joshua I get, why Heartz and Zac (please don't let it be the reason i think it is)?

I hate zac because he seemed more of a pop star than a blader to me. I mean, he was a member of the supreme 4, he should’ve been way more serious about blading than he was.

I felt like hearts was just there for the creation of dead Phoenix and losing to Valt so he could get his title back. I would’ve almost felt poor for the guy if he hadn’t had resonance with his bey.
I actually liked the fact that zac was a pretty strong blader as well as a brilliant pop star. He was also benign and generous to Valt.
Anyway it’s your opinion and I’ve got to admit that’s a fine reason for hating zac.
My
Least favorite character was probably phi In the cho Z series when he got dead Phoenix I hated him
The funny thing is, I don't think I have a character I flat out dislike in the first Burst series (even though I'm not a fan of Naoki or Nika). With God and Super-Z, there are characters I legitimately dislike.

But as a whole, the three Burst anime series have probably the least amount of characters I dislike when compared to the OG series or MFB.
I HATE dizzi from the plastic generation.
(Apr. 24, 2019  2:06 PM)Infinite.DX Wrote: I HATE dizzi from the plastic generation.

I think I read the title wrong but it said this is for the Burst series
(Apr. 24, 2019  2:46 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2019  2:06 PM)Infinite.DX Wrote: I HATE dizzi from the plastic generation.

I forgot about that, sorry.
(Apr. 23, 2019  4:47 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Joshua I get, why Heartz and Zac (please don't let it be the reason i think it is)?

Well, I mean Free de la Hoya was a laid back non seriously blader in Burst Evolution, was also the top blader and is praised to high heavens. Zac being sort of laid back can be understandable unless he faced stronger bladers, which never happened until much later on and he got more serious there. I'd like to think of Zac being someone having their fame go to their heads.
(Apr. 24, 2019  1:53 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: The funny thing is, I don't think I have a character I flat out dislike in the first Burst series (even though I'm not a fan of Naoki or Nika). With God and Super-Z, there are characters I legitimately dislike.

But as a whole, the three Burst anime series have probably the least amount of characters I dislike when compared to the OG series or MFB.
Naoki needed his arc. I imagined him being in the first arc and given how he manipulated Valt, Shu, and Jin, we need him to mess with people way more. Plus he's a mid tier blader (and would've given us another Balance type earlier), just imagine all the chaos he could bring on and off if he had a bigger role.
(Apr. 24, 2019  2:46 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:

You wanna make a thread for the Original and Metal Saga worst characters, I'd think it'd be fun.
I abhor Valt!

He was such a poor excuse for the main character. So weak. So horrible and terrible at blading. He didn’t deserve to become the champion. He didn’t deserve to win against free. No one can imagine how much I enjoyed when aiga kicked his butt and broke Wv in half. And I enjoyed twice as much when aiga defeated Valt once again.
(Apr. 25, 2019  1:36 PM)Beynote Wrote: I abhor Valt!

He was such a poor excuse for the main character. So weak. So horrible and terrible at blading. He didn’t deserve to become the champion. He didn’t deserve to win against free. No one can imagine how much I enjoyed when aiga kicked his butt and broke Wv in half. And I enjoyed twice as much when aiga defeated Valt once again.
Wow you really hate Valt with a passion ???

Don't forget Hearts had to prove you can have a crazy over the top resonance and not be bat carp crazy like Daiga (hehe Dark Aiga), Suoh (he was the final boss pre Lui and we all know he's kinda OP of the starting 5), or Phi.
Actually, I wanna see what would happen to other characters that increased their own resonance in a good way: Ranjirou could've have way specials, Fubuki developing into a broken defense user and more.

Look I like both Valt and Aiga and their character growth/dynamics are different from one another, but when Aiga points out his destruction of Winning Valkyire wasn't right and grows o have a proper rematch with Valt for thechampion title, it has a lot about both character's maturaity, especially when Valt decided he wanted to immediately bounce back and help his new "friendly" rival

Isn’t that how main characters are supposed to be? 
Main characters have flaws. And overtime they learn to overcome them and get better, just like Valt. He was terrible at blading in the beginning. But he trained hard to get better. And he did get better. He became strong enough to win the god bladers cup and become the champion. He deserves the title of champion. Main characters inspire us to overcome our own flaws. Aiga was pretty strong from the start, and to me didn’t show any improvement character-wise till episode 37. He was arrogant and bratty. Became  possessed and broke valt’s beyblade. But then what happened? The realization of his big fault struck him. He snapped out of that possession of his. Overcame his flaws and became strong enough to beat Valt without having ‘ that evil monomania with his bey’. 

Valt and aiga both are amazing beybladers and protagonists. I get it that you hate Valt. I’m not telling you not to. But I just don’t think valt’s as terrible a character and Beyblader as you mention. That’s it.