Which Beys are compatible with Beyblade Burst Evolution Star Storm Battle Set?

I picked up the Beyblade Burst Evolution Star Storm Battle Set and it comes with two beyblades and I'm wondering what other beyblades are compatible with the launcher that comes with the set.

Should I just use beyblade burst? Or are there others that work wiht the launcher and would be a fair battle against the ones that come in the set? There are so many other variations and it's hard to know what works with what!
I think every bey is compatible

(Dec. 17, 2021  6:57 PM)Jay6879 Wrote: I picked up the Beyblade Burst Evolution Star Storm Battle Set and it comes with two beyblades and I'm wondering what other beyblades are compatible with the launcher that comes with the set.

Should I just use beyblade burst? Or are there others that work wiht the launcher and would be a fair battle against the ones that come in the set? There are so many other variations and it's hard to know what works with what!
Valtryek is reccomended like every single valtryek is reccomended but you can use any bey you want

(Dec. 17, 2021  6:57 PM)Jay6879 Wrote: I picked up the Beyblade Burst Evolution Star Storm Battle Set and it comes with two beyblades and I'm wondering what other beyblades are compatible with the launcher that comes with the set.

I can tell that you are new to beyblade, there isnt really any real "fair" battles because every beyblade has its advantages and disadvantages and there isnt really that many beyblades which have the same advantages and disadvantages, like we have many factors like how hard you launch the beyblade, the combo, the disc, the layer, the driver, etc.
Point is that you just use any beyblade you want
(Dec. 17, 2021  7:08 PM)Link Aoi Wrote: I think every bey is compatible

Valtryek is reccomended like every single valtryek is reccomended but you can use any bey you want

I can tell that you are new to beyblade, there isnt really any real "fair" battles because every beyblade has its advantages and disadvantages and there isnt really that many beyblades which have the same advantages and disadvantages, like we have many factors like how hard you launch the beyblade, the combo, the disc, the layer, the driver, etc.

Saying I'm new is an understatement. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions here..

So the launcher that came with the set is white, that launcher is compatible with any beyblade put there? I thought I read somewhere that the launchers only work with certain beyblades?

What do you mean when you say the "combo" is a factor?

I appreciate your help!
(Dec. 17, 2021  7:35 PM)Jay6879 Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2021  7:08 PM)Link Aoi Wrote: I think every bey is compatible

Saying I'm new is an understatement. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions here..

So the launcher that came with the set is white, that launcher is compatible with any beyblade put there? I thought I read somewhere that the launchers only work with certain beyblades?

What do you mean when you say the "combo" is a factor?

I appreciate your help!
Ok first question: Yes the launcher is compatible with every single beyblade even ones from the Takara Tomy brand (another brand that makes beyblades) but they arent as powerful as other launchers like the Left and Right spinning Sparking Launcher. Yeah the person who told you that it only works with certain beyblades is just messing with you or new to beyblade. The only thing is that they dont work with beyblades that say "Metal Fusion" on the box or dont have "Burst" in the name, they all work with beys that have burst.

Second question: A combo is a combination of parts in the beyblade, like a combo determines the weight of the beyblade and the agility of it, so depending on the parts you put on the beyblade it will move differently and spin for longer amounts of time.

If you have anymore questions feel free to tell me them Grin
Any burst launcher whether it be used by Takara or Hasbro can be used to launch any type of Burst Beyblade whether it also be Hasbro or Takara tho i did see somewhere that later TT Beys like GT-onward have trouble launching on Hasbro Launchers, not 100% sure if that is true or not.
I'd like to try and clear some of this up, since it's a bit hit and miss in this thread.

Beyblades are only compatible with other beys of their series, and launchers from the same series. Exceptions rarely exist, for instance some electronic Hasbro Metal Fight beys are compatible with Bakuten Shoot launchers and Hasbro's Luinor L3 is very picky when it comes to launchers in general, but aside from those rare exceptions any Burst launcher should work with any Burst bey, any Metal Fight bey will work with any Metal Fight launcher, and any Bakuten Shoot/HMS bey will work with a Bakuten Shoot/HMS launcher respectively. This is irrespective of brand, though Hasbro launchers in the Metal Fight and Burst era may struggle significantly with the heavier weights of Takara Tomy beys near the end of their competitive lineups, especially in Burst. They're simply not built to handle that sort of weight.

For previous generations (Bakuten Shoot/HMS/Metal Fight) the brands are cross-compatible. You'll be able to use Hasbro and Takara Tomy parts interchangeably with one another, with maybe the occasional mold difference at worst. For Burst this is not the case.

For Burst beys you have three different systems to work with: Hasbro's Mainline, Hasbro's Pro Series, and Takara Tomy releases (Young Toys also releases the Takara Tomy beys as an equivalent official brand). Of these TT and Hasbro's Pro Series are compatible with one another, but don't work properly with the Hasbro Mainline. In kind, the Hasbro Mainline doesn't properly combine with TT or Pro Series lines. The exception is disks and disk frames, which don't have any cross-compatibility issues regardless of which series it came from and are effectively universal parts.

Since the set you've gotten is from the Hasbro Mainline, you're probably going to find the most opportunity to mix and match parts (customization is a large focus of the game, building combinations of your own) with other Hasbro Mainline beys, as well as find more even fights since the Hasbro Mainline has been avoiding power creep like the plague. Takara Tomy beys from the God era (Evolution was Hasbro's rename if that season) will be a fair fight as well, but will lack cross compatibility short of the aforementioned disks.

I will say that the stats on the box are relatively meaningless as well, and mostly just give you an idea of what to expect. "Agility", for example, doesn't really make your bey any faster, and Weight as a stat doesn't always match up to reality (I've seen beys with a high Weight stat that actually weigh less than another with a far lower weight). It's far better to figure out what parts are good at what on your own, or ask around for advice if you need the help.

I of course know a fair bit about the game, of tops of all generations, starting my blading journey as a kid in the early 2000s. If you really need more help feel free to shoot me a direct message. Unlike some of the kids here I've got the knowledge to help you along in my experience, and recent tournament successes to prove it in the fledgeling yet competitively strong Indiana region.

Either way, I wish you luck out there.
(Dec. 19, 2021  4:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I'd like to try and clear some of this up, since it's a bit hit and miss in this thread.

Beyblades are only compatible with other beys of their series, and launchers from the same series. Exceptions rarely exist, for instance some electronic Hasbro Metal Fight beys are compatible with Bakuten Shoot launchers and Hasbro's Luinor L3 is very picky when it comes to launchers in general, but aside from those rare exceptions any Burst launcher should work with any Burst bey, any Metal Fight bey will work with any Metal Fight launcher, and any Bakuten Shoot/HMS bey will work with a Bakuten Shoot/HMS launcher respectively. This is irrespective of brand, though Hasbro launchers in the Metal Fight and Burst era may struggle significantly with the heavier weights of Takara Tomy beys near the end of their competitive lineups, especially in Burst. They're simply not built to handle that sort of weight.

For previous generations (Bakuten Shoot/HMS/Metal Fight) the brands are cross-compatible. You'll be able to use Hasbro and Takara Tomy parts interchangeably with one another, with maybe the occasional mold difference at worst. For Burst this is not the case.

For Burst beys you have three different systems to work with: Hasbro's Mainline, Hasbro's Pro Series, and Takara Tomy releases (Young Toys also releases the Takara Tomy beys as an equivalent official brand). Of these TT and Hasbro's Pro Series are compatible with one another, but don't work properly with the Hasbro Mainline. In kind, the Hasbro Mainline doesn't properly combine with TT or Pro Series lines. The exception is disks and disk frames, which don't have any cross-compatibility issues regardless of which series it came from and are effectively universal parts.

Since the set you've gotten is from the Hasbro Mainline, you're probably going to find the most opportunity to mix and match parts (customization is a large focus of the game, building combinations of your own) with other Hasbro Mainline beys, as well as find more even fights since the Hasbro Mainline has been avoiding power creep like the plague. Takara Tomy beys from the God era (Evolution was Hasbro's rename if that season) will be a fair fight as well, but will lack cross compatibility short of the aforementioned disks.

I will say that the stats on the box are relatively meaningless as well, and mostly just give you an idea of what to expect. "Agility", for example, doesn't really make your bey any faster, and Weight as a stat doesn't always match up to reality (I've seen beys with a high Weight stat that actually weigh less than another with a far lower weight). It's far better to figure out what parts are good at what on your own, or ask around for advice if you need the help.

I of course know a fair bit about the game, of tops of all generations, starting my blading journey as a kid in the early 2000s. If you really need more help feel free to shoot me a direct message. Unlike some of the kids here I've got the knowledge to help you along in my experience, and recent tournament successes to prove it in the fledgeling yet competitively strong Indiana region.

I'm pretty sure all Beys work in any stadium, like my Yard-S in SS mode and Power-H work ok in my standard, thought the latter tends to SD
(Dec. 20, 2021  8:17 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2021  4:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I'd like to try and clear some of this up, since it's a bit hit and miss in this thread.

I'm pretty sure all Beys work in any stadium, like my Yard-S in SS mode and Power-H work ok in my standard, thought the latter tends to SD

Technically yes, but Hypersphere is uncontrollable in non-Hypersphere stadiums and tends to self destruct, and many non-Hypersphere tips won't work properly in those stadiums either due to scraping. Even then a stadium is usually little more than a fancy plastic bowl, so this isn't that unusual.

The bigger issue is that not all stadiums are very fair, so not all stadiums are good. The DB stadium is a far cry from anything Hasbro has done, and different from their original Standard Type. All that is different from the MFB BB-10 stadium. Keep everything in mind there, that "compatible" doesn't always mean "a good idea".