Where The Wild Things Are

Has anybody seen the trailer yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyzMQr70N4
Anyone who can spare the time, I would definitely recommend watching the trailer, since I believe this will be... Pan's Labyrinth for kids.
'Where The Wild Things Are' was a vital part of my childhood.
It was one of the first stories that was ever read to me, and one of the first stories that I ever read, so it's VERY dear to my heart.
And I truly hope that this film will mirror the experience that this tale gave to me, to all those who have been unfortunate enough to have not read the original story.

P.S. To any Yeah Yeah Yeahs fans, Karen O will be creating the orchestral score, and the song featured in the trailer is Arcade Fire - Wake Up. Listen to the Arcade Fire with David Bowie version. Truly awe inspiring.
(Apr. 03, 2009  12:57 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: Has anybody seen the trailer yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyzMQr70N4
Anyone who can spare the time, I would definitely recommend watching the trailer, since I believe this will be... Pan's Labyrinth for kids.
'Where The Wild Things Are' was a vital part of my childhood.
It was one of the first stories that was ever read to me, and one of the first stories that I ever read, so it's VERY dear to my heart.
And I truly hope that this film will mirror the experience that this tale gave to me, to all those who have been unfortunate enough to have not read the original story.

P.S. To any Yeah Yeah Yeahs fans, Karen O will be creating the orchestral score, and the song featured in the trailer is Arcade Fire - Wake Up. Listen to the Arcade Fire with David Bowie version. Truly awe inspiring.

I'm pretty excited for it, I think I read somewhere that the original filming of it was super dark and they had to edit a lot to lighten it up.
they should use bjork's "earth intruders" as the theme song
I am sooooo excited for this movie.

Also, shouldn't this be in Media?
I just watched pans labyrinth and I must say I was not impressed. I hope this movie is better.
Sorry to all the Pans Labyrinth fans, I just did not like it at all.
(Apr. 03, 2009  3:31 AM)Neku2 Wrote: I just watched pans labyrinth and I must say I was not impressed. I hope this movie is better.
Sorry to all the Pans Labyrinth fans, I just did not like it at all.

pan's labyrinth was amazing
(Apr. 03, 2009  3:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: pan's labyrinth was amazing

Neku2's Bio Wrote:Anime, beyblade, film, youtube, star wars. ect.
So yeah....

No further explanation necessary.
i never watched pans labyrinth i thought it was some weird childrens movie lolll
(Apr. 03, 2009  3:49 AM)Sam Wrote: i never watched pans labyrinth i thought it was some weird childrens movie lolll

most people thought this but it's seriously gruesome
I am really excited about this.

Also, has anyone else read In the Night Kitchen? It's by the same guy, but a bunch of conservative parent groups in the US wanted to have it banned because the lead character was naked at some point. It's honestly amazing, tho.
(Apr. 03, 2009  4:04 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: I am really excited about this.

Also, has anyone else read In the Night Kitchen? It's by the same guy, but a bunch of conservative parent groups in the US wanted to have it banned because the lead character was naked at some point. It's honestly amazing, tho.

I've never even heard of this. Maybe I should check it out.
(Apr. 03, 2009  4:05 AM)Roan Wrote: I've never even heard of this. Maybe I should check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Night_Kitchen

Higglety Pigglety Pop! Or, There Must Be More to Life
is another favourite of mine.
(Apr. 03, 2009  4:04 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: Also, has anyone else read In the Night Kitchen? It's by the same guy, but a bunch of conservative parent groups in the US wanted to have it banned because the lead character was naked at some point. It's honestly amazing, tho.

Actualy it was most of the book. I remember looking at the book as a kid and laughing :3

I remember growing up and looking at "Where The Wind Things Are". A popular book at many schools. I'm definitly going to have to look at the trailer. I probly still ahve the book packed away.
Pan's Labyrinth is meant to be a "fairy tale for adults." It is quite excellent.
I have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth; my friend keeps harassing me to go and watch it, but my procrastination continuously pushes it aside. I am watching it after I finish 'Life is Beautiful' otherwise I will never get around to seeing it.
I saw the trailer, and it looks awesome. Grin
I'm pretty excited.
This movie looks so good. I'm really excited for it. Creatively, it's leagues above some of the recent stuff I've seen.
(Apr. 03, 2009  3:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: pan's labyrinth was amazing

Agreed. Have you seen The Orphanage yet? Didn't think it was as good...

(Apr. 03, 2009  3:49 AM)Sam Wrote: i never watched pans labyrinth i thought it was some weird childrens movie lolll

HA! Tell that to the scene with the knife and the mouth!
I saw the trailer for it today and I was realy excited because it looked realy good and it was my favourite book when I was little and I read it all the time. I hope it comes out soon so I can see it! Should be sweet.
was gonna say not excited but it seems cool. oh and thats a nice arcade fire song, cnd repsnt

Pan's labyrinth was som freaky carp. that white eyeless beast... OOOOOONE creepped out mother carper
Know it's a major necro, but a lot more has been shown in trailers since the first one that was posted.
The characters are brilliantly done, and I'm really glad that the CGI has just been used to enhance a few minor details on the costumes.
The kid playing Max is brilliant
New trailer and photos: http://wherethewildthingsare.warnerbros.com/
The music by Karen O is absolutely gorgeous, highly reminiscent of a large amount of Arcade Fires material (which is understandable).
It isn't out here for quite a while, has anybody seen it yet?
I saw it in Imax last weekend, it's really good, but the ending will leave some crying.
I thought it was good, but it was far deeper than the trailer led me to believe. There were a few kids in the theater seated behind us and they screamed during parts of the film. Great if your older but I would say atleast 10 and up for younger kids because it was somewhat morbid.