What would you like to see in a new spinning top game?

oh my god stop this nonsense
Uhh anyway how about something like remote controlled spin gear?
No mind controls, no voice controls, no floating.

Come on guys, it's not that hard to say things you'd like to see that are actually possible...
Just came to me when I was playing a couple matches... bigger beystadiums. Namely I was using driger F and the amount of grinding against the edges is just dumb. I know they have to be a reasonable size but really... Uncertain

By the way, controlling movement patterns is probably impossible as cool as it would be. Unhappy
(Jan. 12, 2010  9:03 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Just came to me when I was playing a couple matches... bigger beystadiums. Namely I was using driger F and the amount of grinding against the edges is just dumb. I know they have to be a reasonable size but really... Uncertain

By the way, controlling movement patterns is probably impossible as cool as it would be. Unhappy

The problem with this is that stamina types always win. What's really necessary is a stadium that forces tops back into the center repeatedly ... if only someone had that idea ...
If we clearly can't use mind control, maybe RC tops that work. Not like, pull the trigger for spin, but the actual ability to control where your blade moves without your hand in the stadium. This would allow for larger stadiums and some gimmics that would require a considerable amount of skill in the stadiums to use (Basically a mini skate park type thing for tops that might have some spring loaded gimmics Cool )
How would that work, exactly?
(Jan. 13, 2010  12:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: How would that work, exactly?

This.

The only really possible way I can think of is magnet use, and I doubt you'd be able to properly "control" the beyblade. Controlling your top/bey is a dream, but I doubt it's possible like I said before.
(Jan. 13, 2010  12:22 AM)firelord767 Wrote: If we clearly can't use mind control, maybe RC tops that work. Not like, pull the trigger for spin, but the actual ability to control where your blade moves without your hand in the stadium. This would allow for larger stadiums and some gimmics that would require a considerable amount of skill in the stadiums to use (Basically a mini skate park type thing for tops that might have some spring loaded gimmics Cool )

Lol mind control,
just change the .dat files for Tony Hawks Pro Skater to show different tops instead of skaters . . . that's the easiest way to achieve what you are describing because mind control and total control is limited to video games.
(Jan. 13, 2010  3:26 PM)Pikachao Wrote: This.

The only really possible way I can think of is magnet use, and I doubt you'd be able to properly "control" the beyblade. Controlling your top/bey is a dream, but I doubt it's possible like I said before.

http://www.battlestrikers.com/toys.php?series=XS&sku=29496

Here's an ACTUAL suggestion: being able to perform mode-changes mid-battle.
The launchers should have rechargeable battery packs Wink, or battery packs should be sold separately.
Maybe there would be the bottom would be a ball bottom that didn't spin while the rest of the top did. Then (BTW, no mind control,) you would control the blade by making the ball roll with a joystick or something in the launcher.

Then the amazing gimmick stadium comes into play!
I was thinking that but isnt that how the rc beyblades were? Or how were they?
(Jan. 13, 2010  9:56 PM)firelord767 Wrote: Maybe there would be the bottom would be a ball bottom that didn't spin while the rest of the top did. Then (BTW, no mind control,) you would control the blade by making the ball roll with a joystick or something in the launcher.

Then the amazing gimmick stadium comes into play!

The ball would move. Pesky physics. The idea itself isn't bad, though.
Self activated spin gears. When you think that your blade is getting slow you press something and it will gte more spin time or it will go crazy or something.
(Jan. 13, 2010  10:00 PM)Medz Wrote: I was thinking that but isnt that how the rc beyblades were? Or how were they?

They supposlbly did, but they were basically engine gears. They would turn on as many times as you would like, unless the batteries runs out. Boring battles.
http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-RANGER-CHANGEA...35a64a28ea

I believe thats the power rangers battle tops and a picture of the launcher
I probbaly going to buy these now they look awesome Smile
The mid-battle mode-changing is definitely an interesting gimmick. Thank you Brad. Smile
(Jan. 16, 2010  4:22 PM)Nuno Wrote: The mid-battle mode-changing is definitely an interesting gimmick. Thank you Brad. Smile

No matter how many times it broke I loved jumping base. More gimmicks like this but make them resilient. I'd probably like it a lot more with a good anime too, it's usually the best way to fuel these "fads". More insane unrealistic stuff happening because of the spinning tops. Smile
hmmm.... thats hard maybe something dangerous with metal balls shooting at the other spinning top.
(Jan. 27, 2010  6:48 PM)wbo Wrote: hmmm.... thats hard maybe something dangerous with metal balls shooting at the other spinning top.

Something dangerous? Yeah, put something dangerous in the hands of kids, smooth move.
TOP DEATH MATCH
Dumb Rimshot

Maybe a projectile wouldn't be that bad, if done right. Wich would be hard, i imagine.
Remote controlled engine gears. DOET.
You are obsessed with EG, aren't you lol
(Jan. 28, 2010  11:58 PM)Medz Wrote: Remote controlled engine gears. DOET.

You can't fit those in a small spinning top.