What would you like to see in a new spinning top game?

Thread title says it all.

I am interested to know what you guys would like to see in a new spinning top game and I'll update this post with all the stuff I find interesting.

- Customization
- Parts that aren't useless / more parts (bey tempest)
- Compact (Minion)
- Small parts that can be attached or removed in different ways / more parts (SaMaster14)
- Mid-battle mode-changing (Bey Brad)
(now YOU continue Wink)

Please help me with my research. Smile

Thanks in advance! Grin
i would like to see more parts which all are useful like dark is usless in mfb and the flat bottoms in battle strikers are useless pretty much because that will create better and more options for customization
spinning tops maybe
There was a pretty cool power rangers toy many many years ago, which I think is referred to as "power rangers battle tops". I can't find a picture of the launcher, but it looked like any power rangers wrist device, and it would flip open the holding compartment full of these guys:
[Image: 137_3749.jpg]

You loaded one on the bottom, cranked the built in spring-loaded launch mechanism and pushed a button on the side to shoot them. It was pretty cool, I wouldn't mind seeing something as compact as that, although it doesn't leave a lot of room for customizing.
That's pretty cool Minion. Smile
I can't say anything about size yet, because the project is still in a very early development, but with high RPM's and heavy weight, they will probably be smaller than HMS.

All I can say right now is that something big will arrive around 2011/2012 (or maybe a little later), it's going to have a very high level of customization and skill involved and it's aimed at an older audience. Grin

Sorry but the rest is confidential. Tongue_out_wink
Haha, this topic is very useful for me ...

I don't think "no useless parts" is feasible, unfortunately. There are only so many optimal patterns and so many ways to keep improving. So, some parts are always going to outclass others.

Also, something big in 2011/2012 ... are you trying to develop your own spinning top game? Smile
I think more parts would be cool. Like have customizable attack rings and stuff with small parts that can be attached or removed to help the blade in different ways.
(Dec. 09, 2009  1:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Haha, this topic is very useful for me ...

I don't think "no useless parts" is feasible, unfortunately. There are only so many optimal patterns and so many ways to keep improving. So, some parts are always going to outclass others.

Also, something big in 2011/2012 ... are you trying to develop your own spinning top game? Smile

Yup, it's useful for many people. Smile It's a shame Takara Tomy doesn't do things like this.

Well I am trying, but so far it's just a dream (That I already started working on). We need to create our own system (and it needs to be different from HMS/MFB/Plastics/Battle Strikers), have a company who wants to work with us, then there's production costs... It's going to be almost impossible in this country. And I was being pretty optimist when saying 2011... Maybe 2013 if we're lucky. XD

Lucky I have some contacts. Smile
Customization on a personal level would be a big one. Maybe not neccesaraly making your own parts, but something less jurrasic along those lines would be pretty neat. A way to really make your top yours.

Also, UNIVERSAL PART CONNECTION. Like you could attach a Wheel/AR directly to the tip, cutting the middle man out, or adding 2 middle men, or layering two AR Wheels. Basically some universal connective plug system that would have a plug on the top, bottom, and sides of each part.
^I'll try and make diagrams for this one. It's kind of hard to explain.

I'm not sure when the thread officially becomes "dead", but it's from this month, so....

Sorry if this is a bump.
Nuno, Id really like to see what you come up with. Sounds quite interesting. Keep us updated if you can?
Yeah, I am interested too. Kep us up to date, please!
I don't know how legal it'd be, depends on the country I guess but faster spin speeds would be a plus. Matches can be a tad dull at times.

Replaceable tips and use on any terrain. I just thought that'd be interesting because as a kid when nobody had a beystadium we used to go around town finding all sorts of makeshift stadiums and stuff. It was actually a lot more interesting than the same boring beystadiums over and over. We knew a particularly good manhole cover type thing that was curved and people stayed there for hours after school staging battles haha. Smile
Interchangeable tips would be epic. Also how about a magnet core? I know thats like magnecore blades but I thought it was pretty cool, the way they kept getting close to eachother. It'd be good on a flat stadium.
(Dec. 31, 2009  7:19 PM)Medz Wrote: Interchangeable tips would be epic. Also how about a magnet core? I know thats like magnecore blades but I thought it was pretty cool, the way they kept getting close to eachother. It'd be good on a flat stadium.

Serious
omaibad if they sucked. I just thought they were pretty cool. xD
no, it's just that you pretty much just described battle strikers
(Dec. 31, 2009  7:23 PM)Medz Wrote: omaibad if they sucked. I just thought they were pretty cool. xD

lol i dont think you get it <_<
edit: beaten
xD. I meant liek uncontrollable ones. If they had magnets in the core they would just go near eachother.
wouldnt that be just like the beyblade idea with the weight disks/sg?
Eh idk, I just thought it'd be useful on flat surfaces.
Something that's fully controllable. I know battle strikers use magnets to do this, but I'm talking about something with even more control. But technology would have to advance before any mind controlling techniques were developed ...
(Dec. 31, 2009  8:08 PM)Neeek Wrote: Something that's fully controllable. I know battle strikers use magnets to do this, but I'm talking about something with even more control. But technology would have to advance before any mind controlling techniques were developed ...
Not necessarily =P:http://www.hammacher.com/Product/77368?promo=search

And for anyone who knows about Bakugan, having a system like the Turbine bakugan could work. Basically, there is some sort of gyroscope inside the bakugan, and you put a ripcord inside and it spins the gyroscope, spinning to bakugan. If you do this in a top, you would eliminate the need for a launcher, and you would only need a ripcord if you could get it to spin fast enough.
Daamn, if you could do that with beyblades that would be epic.
(Jan. 04, 2010  6:32 PM)Medz Wrote: Daamn, if you could do that with beyblades that would be epic.

Yeah, if only they had thought of that.
funny I was thinking of torch pegasis when I was reading Medz's post then I saw yours.