What's happened in the last 5 years?

I haven't been involved with Beyblade for half a decade because I thought it was dead. Guess I couldn't have been more wrong. I came here to check out the current blade talk and I'm not even recognising over half the stuff. Metal Beyblade? Quetzecoatal? Just what has Beyblade gone through in the last 5 years?
Thanks for the link. So it's pretty much a whole new Beyblade then right? Bladebreakers are no more and a whole new line of bit beasts, characters, etc. Guess I picked a good time to get back in.
Yeah you did.
And there is no more Holy Beasts but there's still representations.
Holy Beasts?:\

Is that what people are calling Bit Beasts now? If so then that's a shame, it was the bit beasts that really drew me in at first
No they don't call them holy beasts.

The new tops are based off constellations. However they are nowhere near the focus as the old series.

And yes you picked a great time to come back to the game Smile
I heard Holy Beast somewhere and thaught it sounnded cool lol.
Oh and I like your sig.
Well I'm going to check it out in your beywiki you got here (whoever came up with that idea is a genius by the way). But I gotta admit I'm gonna miss Driger, Dragoon, Galion, Draciel and every other bit beast
Holy Beasts/Saint Beasts were used to describe Suzaku (Dranzer), Seiryu (Dragoon), Byakko (Driger), and Genbu (Draciel) in the Japanese version.
That makes sense. Since it's an entirely new series it's only natural that they'd have new bit beasts. But basing the bit beasts off of constellations just doesn't seem like a good move in my eyes. Over half of the constellations are things like a set of scales, pair of fish, etc. Are you sure it isn't just the new teams are based off around the constellations?
(Aug. 26, 2009  10:27 PM)Stephen Wrote: That makes sense. Since it's an entirely new series it's only natural that they'd have new bit beasts. But basing the bit beasts off of constellations just doesn't seem like a good move in my eyes. Over half of the constellations are things like a set of scales, pair of fish, etc. Are you sure it isn't just the new teams are based off around the constellations?

Read the Beywiki articles and the forum.
(Aug. 26, 2009  10:27 PM)Stephen Wrote: That makes sense. Since it's an entirely new series it's only natural that they'd have new bit beasts. But basing the bit beasts off of constellations just doesn't seem like a good move in my eyes. Over half of the constellations are things like a set of scales, pair of fish, etc. Are you sure it isn't just the new teams are based off around the constellations?

Maybe you should actually look into it instead of telling people who have been following this series closely for a year that they don't know what they're talking about?
I've tried but it seems this wiki thing you have here has hardly anything story wise. I have to admit it's a god-send (Am I allowed to say that?) for customizations and such and I would've loved to have been able to join back in the day and post a few combo of mine that won a lot of games for me. But having some trouble getting to articles unrelated to the actual sport. I guess I'll just keep poking around for a bit untill i find them I guess
That's because this site is about the hobby, not the anime. Go to Beyblade Spirit for that.
That would probably explain why I'm having trouble with that then. That case thanks for bringing up to speed hobby wise Bey Brad, you've definatly been very patient with my questions that must seem pretty newbish due to my 5 year break.
Yeah, watched the 1st 4 episodes with english subs. So far I have to say the show's really impressed me. For a completely new cast and a very VERY different plot I think it carries the feel of beyblade very well from the old series. Though I think I will miss all the teams, especially the White Tigers and Bladebreakers.

But the fact that bit beasts are now replaced with...constelations? I'm iffy about that. In the old series they were supposed to be spirits of great power, etc etc etc. Though they never knew where they came from constellations were definatly NOT one of the theories I had in mind.

But as I've said. It's a new series entirely so I guess it's for the better so it just isn't the same old stuff again.
The new series more or less focuses on the power of the blader, the fun of the game, and a bit more of a product marketing flare than the older ones. For instance one of the episodes was basically an entire "learn how to customize" campaign.

There is still a bit of a mystical flare to things, and I than you'll see that a bit more once you get to see Lightning L Drago. Once you get used to things I think you'll enjoy it more. Really, there wasn't even that much bit beast action in G Rev, but it was still an awesome season.
Whst is LL Drago ment to be anyway because it's not like the other constelations it's more like a real bit beast?
(Aug. 27, 2009  8:35 AM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Whst is LL Drago ment to be anyway because it's not like the other constelations it's more like a real bit beast?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_%28constellation%29

you're welcome.
Stephen, Metal Fight Beyblade, both the product line and the anime, have no relationship whatsoever to Bakuten Shoot Beyblade (the previous series). There are no Bit Beasts and the creatures which appear represent the Beyblades in the anime; they are not powerful spirits which can be called out at will or taken away like they were in the last series. Metal Fight Beyblade is a totally different series and world to Bakuten Shoot, a separate universe entirely.