What made you choose Beyblade over other things?

I really got into the community (Thanks, WBO) for Beyblading, and have stuck with it ever since.
Beyblades been my life/ childhood, i don't battle very much any more and i don't watch the anime, but i cant help feel i still have something here. very similar to this is where i belong.

plus i love it here on the WBO everybody is so fascinating, its entertaining! hehe
The community, WBO helps build BeyBlading across the world, I probably won't be into BeyBlading anymore if it wasn't for WBO and the tournaments held.
(Jun. 28, 2011  9:14 PM)RAW Wrote: The community, WBO helps build BeyBlading across the world, I probably won't be into BeyBlading anymore if it wasn't for WBO and the tournaments held.

I must agree with the fact that the forum helped me keep interest xD

The bakugan forum sucked horribly as very few people actually did anything Tongue_out

This is one of the best forums if been to so far Grin
Let's see here...

It all started back in the day when Beyblade first came to America. I remember watching Bakuten Shoot Beyblade. It was my favorite TV show. You see, Pokemon used to be my favorite show, nothing could change that. Then, Beyblade premiered and it quickly became my favorite show. Years passed and I was still having fun. Then one day, Beyblade ended. For a while, I still played with my Beyblade's, and I watched the reruns on TV. After a while, they stopped showing the reruns, and I put my Beyblade's away. This story picks back up around 2008. I started picking through my closet, and I was finding different things in there. Then, I found my old red case. I saw it, and I wasn't sure what it was at first. I flipped it over to the front side and saw that it was my old Beyblade G Revolution case. I opened it up and found all of my old Beyblade's in it. I kept going through my closet, and I found my old Stadium. (In bad condition) I was so excited I immediately started playing with my Beyblade's again. A few days later, I went to The Dollar General, to my surprise, I found an old BladeBreakers Stadium on top of a shelf. It was priced at $8, so I made the purchase. later that day, I did some Google searches on Beyblade, and I found some websites saying that Beyblade was returning in Japan. Now, the story picks back up to early last year. One of my online buddies, (He's known on here as Lady) told me about this site. I came on here, and I was going through the BeyWiki, and I was watching the Subtitled Episodes. Before I knew it, I joined and I couldn't wait to get my hands on some MFB Beyblade's. Then, Beyblade finally came back out in America. I started watching the episodes in English, and I couldn't wait until Hasbro released the toy line. Then August came, and I couldn't find any Beyblade's in my local Walmart. Then my birthday came, and I went to Walmart. Lucky for me, my wallet was in my pocket and packed full of Birthday Cash. I didn't plan on spending any money, since I was saving for Beyblade's. I checked the toy section to see if they had Beyblade's yet, and they did. So, I purchased some. XD And here I am now, 1 year later. Waiting for Season 2 to come out in America, and waiting until the end of August when I can spend all of my Birthday Cash on Season 2 Beyblade's. XD
The WBO, such a kind and helpful community. Oh and beyblades sheer epicness.
One thing that keeps me coming back is that it's nearly impossible to truly master the game.
I choose it because of the fun and friendly battles that's y.
Well, I have always been into these sort of Japanese games. It started (like most) with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, I was a mad collector of Yu-Gi-Oh cards for ages, but I eventually fell into the trap of getting fake cards and in the end, I had 5 of every one of the Egyptian God cards (god, I can still remember the names of them Tongue_out). I loved the original series with Yugi, but after Yugi disappeared and all his epicness, then the epicness of Yu-Gi-Oh disappeared with him Unhappy. Pokemon cards never really picked up for me, but I loved and still do love the games, although leaf green and sapphire are still my favorites. I dropped out of the whole scheme of things until Bakugan came along, and I was entertained for probably, 3-4 months. Then there were no new releases, I kept pawning everyone and the show just got boring. After that one of my friends and I (my friend is known as fggdyg on here) we looking for something to replace Bakugan, and we found beyblade. Fggdyg still had some of his old HMS and plastics around, so we dug those out of his room (if you've ever seen his room, you'll know what I am talking about). It took us a while, but we found an old Dranzer and Dragoon, I took the dragoon (as I had one when I was younger) and we pretty much waited it out until we saw the show one morning and we like "carp, this show sucks", but we had been waiting too long to stop, so we went out and got some beys. I unknowingly got Lightning LDrago and Storm Pegasus. Pegasus looked cool and LDrago had the words 'Forbidden Bey!' written on them, so I got that as well (the power of marketing techniques). Here I am, 10 beyblades and 9 months later, running my own bey team, just came 3rd in my first tourney and still running strong.
well, for me, It was a little wierd, really. I obtained an electronic dragoon from my brothers, and one day, I learned it was called a beyblade. I went on youtube and started burning my eyes into the episodes xD
I also went to the site, which still had some fun games to do when I got bored. then, one day, I go to the website, abd... COMING SOON! THIS SPRING, BEYBLADE METAL FUSION!
I was kinda ticked at first, because I could not play my games. then the site came up, and I looked around a bit. then, one day when I went to toys r us, I saw them. I zoomed past the bakugan, and headed for the beys. I was allowed to get a stadium to battle in, and a two pack. I chose the two pack with storm peggy and rock aquario. later that month, I was learning about the constalations in class, and I hear the name "Pegasus" I asked my teacher, and learned about the zodiac. I fount out I was a gemini, and then went in search of evil gemios. I watched the episodes on youtube, and I ran acros some "amv beybattles" I watched them, and nearly had a heart attack. THIS GUY WAS AMAZING!!!! I continued watching his videos. he was called DrIgErGt. one day, I looked in the description, and found a link to here. 3 months later, I had about 20 beys, and an account on here. Grin I guess, If it weren't for my brothers, I would not have some 30+ beys and an account on here. at some point, I ordered a master draciel. also, I now have a box of slightly dusty bakugan in my room xD my friend say's he'll pay 25 bucks for them, and another 10 for the cards. I'll probably sell them off of youtube or something xD I'm gonna try to replace them with beys. also, slightly off-topic, but why did beyblade end, if it was so cool?
Man, beyblade was one of the first things I got into when I was a kid besides pokemon. I really got into beyblade when I saw the commercials and the first few episodes. My good friend at the time and I went to Wal-Mart and both got our first beyblades and battled as soon as we got back. I couldn't get enough of it and started to collect a lot of beyblades. Like a lot of other bladers here, I brought my blades to school and caught on really fast. We used to play them all the time if we had indoor recess. God, now I really miss those times Crying
i chose beyblade cuz 1. you battle,2. it shows skill,3. its an actually good anime show,4. my parents actually aprove of it (a first)
i chose beyblade cuz 1. you battle,2. it shows skill,3. its an actually good anime show,4. my parents actually aprove of it (a first)
I like building things and I like building things that actually do something. I also like modding things so beyblading is perfect for me. I plan on going into welding since I am facinated by metal. Someday I am going to weld a custom beyblade.
Bakugan requires math and I am too lazy to use my brain or a calculator. It just takes too much time.
it funny how i got into beyblade
3 days before my primary school life ended (year 6 basiclly)
i saw sum year 4's playing beyblade
since i had nothing better to do , i decided to play as well ( it was a day where the EX. year 4's go to see there year 5 teacher, the year 4's must of been leaving)
and then i was playing
AND THEN I GOT ADDICTED
lols
anyway beyblade is fun and stuff
(Jul. 05, 2011  5:59 AM)iBeyblader Wrote: Bakugan requires math and I am too lazy to use my brain or a calculator. It just takes too much time.

Same here my fellow blader, i to was convinced when Bakugan was "IN" and i got board because of the flicking a ball and doing math,,,,, BORING!!!! and thats when my intrest in beys was reignighted buy metal fusoin and have become a blader once again
I play beyblade over other things because its based on physics, and lately i've been studying both physics and astrophysics. I also play yugioh competitively, as I've qualified for the 2011 world chamionship qualifier. In fact, its only two weeks away....Anyways, i also play pokemon, but its not fun anymore because i always see dragonites and volcaronas running around. However, with beyblades, about everyone at school plays beyblade. I'm the best blader in my grade, and the only one on the WBO in my grade, if not the school.
well,my friend got me into it at school,but the only interesting battles were mine and his 'cause he 's the only one with a BB-10.
I started playing because everyone else was getting a Beyblade for Christmas so I wanted one, too. When I kept beating everyone thanks to my extensive research (I bought the Beyblades with the highest star rating lol) I took the hobby more seriously.
A VERY LONG TIME AGO I went to the Shopping Centre with my mum, asking for toys and stuff and then I saw something that would change my life forever a BEYBLADE.

It looked cool so I bought it, I was quite young and didn't even know what it was.
So I get home open the box ask my mum how the toy works she then assembles it and tells me what it is. So then i'm playing with the bey and well having a heck of a time!!!!!

That was my first and only Plastic Bey I ever had but I was content with it.
It's so sad I don't know which bey it was and where it ended up something I will never know, it's just a spinning top but I spent ages with it and I know really nothing about it. Unhappy
I'm stupid feeling sad about a toy.
I can't help myself than just to be sad.

What's even more sad is that my cousin and I apparently used to play all the time,
he remembers those times and so does my mum, but I don't.

All I can remember is playing alone with a spinning top called beyblade. Speechless

So now I play Beyblade quite a lot and try to know everything I can about it because I barely knew anthing about the old series.

Something I have lost forever is being content with less.
I used to be happier with that 1 bey than I am happy with 6 beys I presently have.
I like beyblade becase of customization,trading,battling,swapping,launching and it also brings back memory s of my childhood.
POSTPOSTPOSTWordsIceburnRimshotDumb Rimshot
When I first saw it at walmart, I just started playing it.(Yeah, I used to be a hasbro blader.)After a while, I began to realize how much fun it was compared to bakugan.
Well, you atually DO something with beyblades instead of throwing and flicking other toys. Also, when i found out beyblade was back, it made me remind of those great times I had as a 3-4 year old.

Now I don't know why people play Bakugan over beyblade. In my private school, people choose bakugan over beyblade. When I showed my friend beyblade, he said:
Beyblades are old...