What is it with Lolipops

Why is it that every lolipop i eat has to have a tootsie roll or gum in the middle. Is it to much to ask for a regular lolipop.
(Dec. 23, 2010  7:52 PM)Lightning Miku Wrote: Why is it that every lolipop i eat has to have a tootsie roll or gum in the middle. Is it to much to ask for a regular lolipop.

Those aren't lolipops, they're suckers.

Also, this really didn't deserve its own thread.
^ Let's all not post any more in this thread.
(Dec. 23, 2010  7:56 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2010  7:52 PM)Lightning Miku Wrote: Why is it that every lolipop i eat has to have a tootsie roll or gum in the middle. Is it to much to ask for a regular lolipop.

Those aren't lolipops, they're suckers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollipop

americans must call them "suckers", british calls them lollipop(s).
carp I've grown up calling them all lollipops. Suckers is an American phrase. Strange one at that.

PS. This should have just gone in Random Thoughts.
(Dec. 23, 2010  8:04 PM)Khel Wrote: carp I've grown up calling them all lollipops. Suckers is an American phrase. Strange one at that.

Hn, on further research, it appears they are all called lollipops. This is disconcerting. I've been calling hard candy on sticks different names depending on their shape. Circles that you lick were lollipops and spheres that you suck were suckers.

Damn it, my whole world view is shaken now!
well all these replys are really off topic but help the natural order. (in a way hahaha)
As was mentioned, this does not really deserve a topic. Obviously companies are going to try to add some variety to gain more customers and keep theirs as well.