What instruments do you play/want to learn?

I play guitar, bass, banjo, piano, drums, and harmonica mainly, but I dabble in mandolin, slide guitar, and theremin.

I started with bass about 4 years ago and I've just added more and more since.

What about you guys?

Instruments I own:

Takamine G-Series EG363SC Acoustic\Electric Guitar
1972 Fender Telecaster Thinline Reissue Electric Semi-Hollow Guitar
Squier Affinity P Bass Guitar
Hohner Banjo
Hohner Music Maker Harmonica
Korg Nano-Key
Radioshack Rebranded Casio Keyboard (Not sure of the model number, but it's a nice workstation with a full grand piano keyset)
Latin Percussion Mini-Conga
African Djembe
I play drums at my school! It's gonna help
Trombone. Although this is no use for anything much except jazz, but I can always go with piano...
I've been playing piano for about 3-4 years now.

At first it was boring, learning songs I hated, but after awhile, I finally got to play my own song.
i play the saxophone at my school it is really light and instead of being gold it is also silver, i have also played the trumpet and trombone but was very terrible at both of them the trumbone's different sliding positions confuses me, i don't know why i wasn't any good at the trumpet who knows? but now i play my cool saxophone probably gonna take lessons to play electric guitar soon i am not sure glad to hear i am not the only instrument player
(Nov. 16, 2010  1:59 AM)ILikeLyke Wrote: Trombone. Although this is no use for anything much except jazz, but I can always go with piano...

Gasp No use except jazz?! Are you kidding me? Trombone is such a versatile instrument. Listen to some reggae, ska, folk, and indie music man!

I wish I could play brass or woodwind, but unless I have a fretboard or a physical way of knowing where the notes are it confuses me beyond belief.
I play the Piano, not too good yet.
And I also play percussion at school, I still suck though.
Piano is a very tricky instrument...but also one of the most expressive. I've been "playing" it for a few years but I'm just now starting to grasp the basics.
I'm actually pretty good, I just can't stay with the metronome.
I play the piano, and I've been playing since I was about five or six. Hm, that would be about fourteen to fifteen years now. I used to play the flute, the alto-saxophone, and the violin, but I've forgotten how to play them.
I play Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano/Synthesizer, Cello, Violin
(Nov. 16, 2010  2:10 AM)Pyro Wrote: I'm actually pretty good, I just can't stay with the metronome.

Can you count music? That will really help. Try setting your metronome pretty slow and tap your feet with each count. In 4\4 simply count 1-2-3-4 or 1-and-2-and-3-and-4-and. Once you get this down in tempo you can try speeding up.

Other time signatures are a little harder, but counting becomes very easy the more you do it. 3\4 is counted as 1-2-3-1-2-3, 6\8 as 1-and-2-and-3-and, 5\4 as 1-2-3-4-5-1-2-3-4-5-. Those are the basic time signatures that most others are based off of. I can illustrate this by using a 7\4 count (such as in my band's song Wasted Days or the Pink Floyd song Money) it as 1 bar of 3\4 and 1 bar of 4\4. 1-2-3-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-1-2-3-4-. Or as two bars of 3\4 and 1 one 1\4 like 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-.
i am actually pretty good in the alto-sax my school's band members are practicing their christmas songs tomorrow we have a rehearsal for the christmas songs i am guessing i am not good at piano at all i have only like joked around and tried to do something on the piano at my friend's house but i failed
electic bass guitar
(Nov. 16, 2010  2:21 AM)boblittle Wrote: electic bass guitar

i wanna rent a guitar and take lessons for an elec guitar imma have an advantage over people who have never played an experience in instruments i know how to read music. i had experience playing one so i have a MAJOR advantage
I play the recorder....and I want to play the violin!
(Nov. 16, 2010  2:23 AM)TheSilverBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2010  2:21 AM)boblittle Wrote: electic bass guitar

i wanna rent a guitar and take lessons for an elec guitar imma have an advantage over people who have never played an experience in instruments i know how to read music. i had experience playing one so i have a MAJOR advantage

Any instrument you currently play will help you play any other instrument. Music is universal (aside from Inidian semi-tones and stuff) so once you have an ear for it you will be able to pick up other instruments quicker. If you can read music, by all means use it, but as a word of advice fretted instruments are much easier to learn when using tab.
(Nov. 16, 2010  2:23 AM)Beybladers rule Wrote: I play the recorder....and I want to play the violin!

LOL ME 2 @ SCHOOL
Electric Bass Guitar player here, been playing it for almost 3 years now Smile
Also thinking about picking up Electric/Acoustic Guitar.
(Nov. 16, 2010  2:35 AM)J Wrote: Electric Bass Guitar player here, been playing it for almost 3 years now Smile
Also thinking about picking up Electric/Acoustic Guitar.
u r EPIC...(thinking about playing lead guitar)
There are already two topics about instruments, actually.