What are everyone's opinions on the XTS Beyblades, as well as Beywheelz?

I haven't heard much about these two lines, so give your thoughts!
Both are cool,but rather dumb sounding. I prefer the synchrome concept.
In hindsight, I appreciate XTS being the banner in which all the marketable gimmicks Hasbro comes up with falls into without compromising the main line (til Metal Fury).
I wish Hasbro had taken this route for Burst instead of forcing Slingshock/Hypersphere/ect. into the main releases. We wouldn't even need Pro Series to be a thing if this were the case.

Now as for XTS itself:
Electro Battlers were a cool treat for the eyes, the real-time RPM readout especially so. I had the Galaxy Pegasus one myself.
IR Control was the same as always, though Takara Tomy one upped them with their Super Control line.
Tornado Battlers were wacky in all the best ways. I wash my Rev-up Launcher lasted long enough to see them at their best.
Stealth Battlers were hit or miss, depending on which one we're talking about. Pegasus and Striker seemed to be the best of them all, and I wish I had them. Ironically, both of them have an equivalent part to do what they do across each generation. (Any Plastic with a Jumping Base variant, Phantom Fox MS, Bullet driver, Shot driver)

Now BeyWheels, while neat, deviated a bit too much from the core game for me. Their sheer durability cannot be denied though.
Beywheelz and Beywarriors are like the Tsukihime anime of the Beyblade fandom. Which is, they don't exist.
personally, I love the xts system(especially the tornado beys).
they were super fun to use
Back when I frequented this site, I was one of Beywheelz's most ardent defenders. I really liked the idea of Hasbro trying to create a game and toyline related to but still separate from Beyblade. Conceptually, it was definitely interesting. While the battling aspect didn't work well, the Beywheelz were extremely durable and so they were great to use outside. You could just find a sidewalk or playground and race or do trick shots without worrying about launching into a small stadium or breaking something.

The show wasn't bad either, from what I remember. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't a drastic drop in quality compared to the main series, in my opinion.

I think Beywheelz was just an easy target for people to clown on and I feel like a lot of its biggest detractors didn't even give it a shot. It didn't have the same competitiveness and customizability as Beyblades, but not everything has to. It was a fun spin-off that provided something that Beyblade did not.
My opinions in it, flew, did a swoop down before curving up slightly more. In other words, I had my first impressions, which then became more negative, before I looked back at it on a more positive light, at least more than usual.

For the Beywheelz toys, they looked quite cool and as long as you don't play them in conventional ways (basically the gameplay Hasbro expects you to play), they can be fun. It's fun just launching them across the floor and knocking over some Pringles cans, and they're highly durable, so that's good. The main problem for me was the fact these didn't have as lasting of an appeal as Beyblades, so it's easy to get bored of them quickly. Another problem for me was that customization was almost useless, especially with how short these things last per usage. The Beyraiderz toys on the other hand... yeah they're still bad.

The show. Now I gotta say this, it was really cool that Hasbro even bothered to have a show made for it, and with comparable animation quality too! They didn't even have to, and yet they did! If they did this for their Hasbro exclusive Burst beys, that would be great! The Beywheelz intro and Beyraiderz ending theme are great music or at least guilty pleasures. Beywarriors Cyborg also has an amazing theme song, but I haven't watched that yet.

Back then, I hated the show, the concept looked even stupider than what I was willing to accept, the voice acting is almost worse than the Shogun Steel one (kinda still is honestly), and I hated how certain characters felt too similar to their Beyblade counterpart (Covey and Leon).

However, I actually decided to give it a rewatch recently, and... I surprisingly didn't hate it. Now don't get me wrong, I still have many issues with it and I wouldn't say I loved it, but I couldn't help but appreciate the effort put into it, the cool new settings (I especially love the final battle setting with the hexagon neon lines), their attempt at expanding the lore and mythology, Ryan is a cool villain, and overall it just felt... like they tried. I think after coming out of the terrible Dynamite Battle anime, and the frustrating issues I had with how it handled characters, Beywheelz felt better by comparison. Oh that's right, I just said Beywheelz was better than DB's anime! Beywheelz had an excuse of being 13 episodes long (the equivalent to 26 12 minute episodes long), yet handled more characters better. At least they wrapped up their main characters better and had a much more satisfying closing scene...

...That is until Beyraiderz came around and forgot most of them... was that meant to be a follow up or reboot?

Overall, I do understand the hate these spinoffs get, but at the same time, I agree that they've become the easy targets in the franchise similarly to Zero G, which distracts from the other much worse shows to have come out from this franchise. I still don't love these spinoffs, but I can commend them for trying.
(Mar. 24, 2022  6:55 PM)Jinbee Wrote: My opinions in it, flew, did a swoop down before curving up slightly more. In other words, I had my first impressions, which then became more negative, before I looked back at it on a more positive light, at least more than usual.

For the Beywheelz toys, they looked quite cool and as long as you don't play them in conventional ways (basically the gameplay Hasbro expects you to play), they can be fun. It's fun just launching them across the floor and knocking over some Pringles cans, and they're highly durable, so that's good. The main problem for me was the fact these didn't have as lasting of an appeal as Beyblades, so it's easy to get bored of them quickly. Another problem for me was that customization was almost useless, especially with how short these things last per usage. The Beyraiderz toys on the other hand... yeah they're still bad.

The show. Now I gotta say this, it was really cool that Hasbro even bothered to have a show made for it, and with comparable animation quality too! They didn't even have to, and yet they did! If they did this for their Hasbro exclusive Burst beys, that would be great! The Beywheelz intro and Beyraiderz ending theme are great music or at least guilty pleasures. Beywarriors Cyborg also has an amazing theme song, but I haven't watched that yet.

Back then, I hated the show, the concept looked even stupider than what I was willing to accept, the voice acting is almost worse than the Shogun Steel one (kinda still is honestly), and I hated how certain characters felt too similar to their Beyblade counterpart (Covey and Leon).

However, I actually decided to give it a rewatch recently, and... I surprisingly didn't hate it. Now don't get me wrong, I still have many issues with it and I wouldn't say I loved it, but I couldn't help but appreciate the effort put into it, the cool new settings (I especially love the final battle setting with the hexagon neon lines), their attempt at expanding the lore and mythology, Ryan is a cool villain, and overall it just felt... like they tried. I think after coming out of the terrible Dynamite Battle anime, and the frustrating issues I had with how it handled characters, Beywheelz felt better by comparison. Oh that's right, I just said Beywheelz was better than DB's anime! Beywheelz had an excuse of being 13 episodes long (the equivalent to 26 12 minute episodes long), yet handled more characters better. At least they wrapped up their main characters better and had a much more satisfying closing scene...

...That is until Beyraiderz came around and forgot most of them... was that meant to be a follow up or reboot?

Overall, I do understand the hate these spinoffs get, but at the same time, I agree that they've become the easy targets in the franchise similarly to Zero G, which distracts from the other much worse shows to have come out from this franchise. I still don't love these spinoffs, but I can commend them for trying.

I got a idea beywheels burst
They’re a lot of fun if you play with them in an unorthodox manner.
(Feb. 07, 2022  4:37 AM)Ryuujin K Wrote: In hindsight, I appreciate XTS being the banner in which all the marketable gimmicks Hasbro comes up with falls into without compromising the main line (til Metal Fury).
I wish Hasbro had taken this route for Burst instead of forcing Slingshock/Hypersphere/ect. into the main releases. We wouldn't even need Pro Series to be a thing if this were the case.

Now as for XTS itself:
Electro Battlers were a cool treat for the eyes, the real-time RPM readout especially so. I had the Galaxy Pegasus one myself.
IR Control was the same as always, though Takara Tomy one upped them with their Super Control line.
Tornado Battlers were wacky in all the best ways. I wash my Rev-up Launcher lasted long enough to see them at their best.
Stealth Battlers were hit or miss, depending on which one we're talking about. Pegasus and Striker seemed to be the best of them all, and I wish I had them. Ironically, both of them have an equivalent part to do what they do across each generation. (Any Plastic with a Jumping Base variant, Phantom Fox MS, Bullet driver, Shot driver)

Now BeyWheels, while neat, deviated a bit too much from the core game for me. Their sheer durability cannot be denied though.

I fully agree that hasbro should have made their own line for their gimmicks and left the regular burst beys unchanged. I've been saying that for a long time now. Because like you said, it's forced on us.

As for the actual XTS beys, I thought they were different and kinda cool, think my least favorite was the electronic ones, so the electro battlers and IR controle ones, I never cared for them. They never interested me at all and still don't. I did like the concept of the stealth battlers alot, especially the one that divides into two parts (Think it was the ray striker one) never had any of the XTS beys but those and the tornado battlers were cool. 

It's kinda funny how I did think that specific stealth battler was cool with its gimmick, and now that we have the layers that come with the burst Phoenix beys, and that's basically the same concept I rather don't like it in use. It's a pain to put it back on the attack layer (though prominence did fix putting it on) and how just about every match it comes off

Again its cool, just annoying in practice.

But ya XTS was cool for a side brand set in the bey multiverse. I even like they did the anime for like the beywheelz and stuff too. Though past beywheelz it was really barely similar to beyblade.