WebSite.

So im extremely bored and i just ordered my first beyblade in a long time. So i started trying to think of some good projects to do and for some reason im getting really drawn to beyblades. i cant wait to get mine Pinching_eyes_2 i currently have none but when i had them way back when it was my favorite game.

so then i thought maybe i could make a beyblade web that gives info about beyblades or something like that!

i would like to put info about beyblade parts, types, so on. but the problem is i have no idea how good any type of beyblade is or how good each part is. so i was wondering if you guys thought it was a good idea if i should try, and i was also wondering if you guys could give more info about beyblades for me. i would like to learn alot about them.

heres an example of one of my sites.
DeathNote Site.

the death note site was supposed to have the manga on it also but i couldnt find a good image hoster that did slide shows. so i jut gave up after about a year. site overall took me about a day or 2. maybe less. not sure.

also if this post is against the rules, im sorry cause i forgot most of the rules since ive only been over them once. ill go over them a few more times this weekend. little busy with school and other things atm.

also if i did make this site i will most deffinetly ask to suport this forum site on it because this forum site is what got me into beyblades again...

i cant wait for my beyblades to arrive D:
Hello there ~

Your proposition already exists in the form of Beywiki!

On a side note, I love your coloured text ~
wahhhhhh i want a project that will keep me interested for a long while Unhappy especially about beyblades since that is the thing i am currently interested in. any ideas? D:

and ty i like to color my text sometimes :3
If you really want to make a site you should probably learn more about Beyblade first then make your Beyblade site, that way you will know what to make on your site etc.
(Sep. 01, 2009  12:56 AM)Raykon Wrote: If you really want to make a site you should probably learn more about Beyblade first then make your Beyblade site, that way you will know what to make on your site etc.

true but that could take yearssss D: and i want a project to do now cause im bored as eff Unhappy theres nothing to do around here...
(Sep. 01, 2009  12:58 AM)DecroX01 Wrote: true but that could take yearssss D: and i want a project to do now cause im bored as eff Unhappy theres nothing to do around here...
A site done in mere hours is bad. And "I am bored" is the worst reason ever to start a website.

Go outside, watch television, explore Wikipedia, etc.
It wont take that long ... just look at the Beywiki to learn about Beyblade, it really helps me with a lot of things, or if you know a lot about the Anime f Beyblade you could make a website of that.
why don't u do episode summaries of the old beyblade series because we don't have one of those on here.
(Sep. 01, 2009  1:07 AM)megablader2 Wrote: why don't u do episode summaries of the old beyblade series because we don't have one of those on here.
I believe there are some on BeyUK, and some summaries for G Revolution are on Beyblade Spirit as well.
(Sep. 01, 2009  1:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: A site done in mere hours is bad. And "I am bored" is the worst reason ever to start a website.

Go outside, watch television, explore Wikipedia, etc.

not mere hours, about a day. and the way i do it, unless im building without and plans of how im going to build it, thats actually a long time. most of my sites are done in about an hour or 2. its not hard when using a site builder. most of my othersites have been shut down though, since i dont need them (they were for private servers, news stuff, and other random things that dont exist anymore.)

anyawys i had the whole deathnote site planed but it took me a while cause i had to find the videos xD
A day is still not good. I am sure it takes people with plans more than that to finally get to a point where they can say : "OK, I am ready to open this website I have been building."

The Death Note website is not too special ... There are so many things you could have written about.
(Sep. 01, 2009  1:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: A day is still not good. I am sure it takes people with plans more than that to finally get to a point where they can say : "OK, I am ready to open this website I have been building."

The Death Note website is not too special ... There are so many things you could have written about.

i know but this was my second website lol. and i open it way befor i say its good enough to be opened. i edit it alot and change it every so or so. when i first opened the deathnote site it had all the videos on one page. that caused major lag. so i spent another 3 days a week or 2 later to make it how it is.

im not a very creative person so i didnt write much. i just made it so my cousin could watch deathnote. he wanted to so badly so i just put together this site. Tongue_out

if i were to add the over all time for making the site and editing it till it was as is. it would have taken about a week? but when i said built it in a day i mean that i opened it within a day Tongue_out
If you want to build something good, you have to put time into it. This site took constant work over three years.
(Sep. 01, 2009  6:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you want to build something good, you have to put time into it. This site took constant work over three years.

lol well making a forum i know somone who can make a pro forum in a week(well i think it was a week, may have been a month Pinching_eyes_2). like his site was rlly pro. but he didnt get many visitors so he shut it down... i told him that was dumb D: now hes making a new one though.

and again, it doesnt take that long if u have it planed and you use a site builder like yola. its really easy. no coding involved, ect.
so whats the point in this thread? all i see is u dissing the wbo, and wanting to make ur own website about beyblade when u have no information on it?
I lol'd at this guys fail. There are alot of factors into making a good site, yours has very few. Sure it has a nice template, but then again, who made that template? Yeh, exactly. Not you. Getting free web templates isnt bad for begginners but the way your showing off your site is like you coded it all. Also, your friends "PRO" forum, I am 100% sure it was made with something like Forum Motion or Proboards, etc. Those are beginner sites that offer ALOT of help. You could make a site like that, that could take a few hours. Heck, If I went back to using those stuff, I could make a site 10x better than yours in a mere few hours. And whats the sites main point? To give info about beyblade right? Well for starters theres beywiki, also I doubt you know alot about beyblade. I guess you'd just copy and paste BeyWiki's info. So next time before you come back to post another one of your "PRO" websites, make it worth our time. kthx.

/end rant.
^ ouch :\
I was just about to say giga Tongue_out

I've been through your experience thinking your site will be big 'n' all but seriously it wont work.
If you really think this site is just a forum, I wonder if you've ever actually looked around here.
Honestly, thats the kind of site I made when I was about 9. Yes I had a head start lmao. Also just one more thing, your original post shows that your not very resourceful and some other insult worthy things. You wanted to show death note manga? License plz!?!? You'd probably get sued for that. And then, you wanted to show it by putting the pictures on a site that helps you make slideshows. You could've easilly just made seperate pages and put the images there, and hyperlinked the images to the next page, so when clciked it'd basically turn the page. :l Seriously, ANYTHING ELSE?!?
(Sep. 01, 2009  12:56 PM)JB Stardust770 Wrote: so whats the point in this thread? all i see is u dissing the wbo, and wanting to make ur own website about beyblade when u have no information on it?

i wasnt dissing wbo. i actually liked the info out of it until medz replied...

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:10 PM)Medz Wrote: I lol'd at this guys fail. There are alot of factors into making a good site, yours has very few. Sure it has a nice template, but then again, who made that template? Yeh, exactly. Nooff your site is like yt you. Getting free web templates isnt bad for begginners but the wam Moy your showing ou coded it all. Also, your friends "PRO" forum, I am 100% sure it was made with something like Forution or Proboards, etc. Those are beginner sites that offer ALOT of help. You could make a site like that, that could take a few hours. Heck, If I went back to using those stuff, I could make a site 10x better than yours in a mere few hours. And whats the sites main point? To give info about beyblade right? Well for starters theres beywiki, also I doubt you know alot about beyblade. I guess you'd just copy and paste BeyWiki's info. So next time before you come back to post another one of your "PRO" websites, make it worth our time. kthx.

/end rant.

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:10 PM)Medz Wrote: I lol'd at this guys fail. There are alot of factors into making a good site, yours has very few.

im a beginner... im still learning. im trying to find a good way to code a site, you dont have to be a carp.

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:10 PM)Medz Wrote: Sure it has a nice template, but then again, who made that template? Yeh, exactly.

never said i made it did i? i even said I MADE IT USING A SITE BUILDER. that means i just put the peices together. -.-

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:10 PM)Medz Wrote: Getting free web templates isnt bad for begginners but the wam Moy your showing ou coded it all

never said i coded it. again, im a beginer.

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:10 PM)Medz Wrote: Also, your friends "PRO" forum, I am 100% sure it was made with something like Forution or Proboards, etc. Those are beginner sites that offer ALOT of help

made using vBulletin®, and he coded alot of it with his friends and himself. hes currently building his new site.

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:10 PM)Medz Wrote: You could make a site like that, that could take a few hours. Heck, If I went back to using those stuff, I could make a site 10x better than yours in a mere few hours.

that deathnote site, as i said before, was only my SECOND SITE MADE. i said im not that good yet, but im trying to learn.

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you really think this site is just a forum, I wonder if you've ever actually looked around here.

i didnt say it was just a forum. its actually really nice and populated. well i shouldnt say nice. everyuones being a carp cause im bored? i wasnt trying to insult anyone. im sorry...

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: And whats the sites main point? To give info about beyblade right? Well for starters theres beywiki, also I doubt you know alot about beyblade. I guess you'd just copy and paste BeyWiki's info. So next time before you come back to post another one of your "PRO" websites, make it worth our time. kthx.

it was going to be about beyblade info, and i didnt know about beywiki by then. no i dont knwo alot about beyblade, i was hoping a few freidns and people from here could help, only to find that the people here, like you, are bitches. why? idk. thats the internet for ya. everyones a carp just because they can be.

i dont copy and paste on carp like that. i make my own info.

and sorry that a bigginer wanted help. didnt relize it was goign to cause chaos -.-

(Sep. 01, 2009  4:41 PM)Medz Wrote: Honestly, thats the kind of site I made when I was about 9. Yes I had a head start lmao. Also just one more thing, your original post shows that your not very resourceful and some other insult worthy things. You wanted to show death note manga? License plz!?!? You'd probably get sued for that. And then, you wanted to show it by putting the pictures on a site that helps you make slideshows. You could've easilly just made seperate pages and put the images there, and hyperlinked the images to the next page, so when clciked it'd basically turn the page. :l Seriously, ANYTHING ELSE?!?

i was goign to ask for help about the beyblade info. try to find experts to help and give creidt to them. no i dont know much about beyblades, but i wanted to learn. about u being able to make sites liek that at age 9, i just started not to long ago.

i didnt know that you could get sued. but my friend did it and he said it should be ok. idk. next time ill do research about that carp instead.
what's the point of using other peoples info, that's already been compiled in beywiki. :\
(Sep. 01, 2009  9:47 PM)Giga Wrote: what's the point of using other peoples info, that's already been compiled in beywiki. :\

as i said, i didnt know about beywiki at the time.... were the hell is the delete post button? this post is getting on my nerves.
As Kai-V and Brad pointed out. Spending a day on a website is no good. I have been constantly working on BeyUK for 5+ years as my site was named many thing prior to BeyUK. You need to put a lot of effort into it. BeyUK, Beyblade Spirit and WBO are but a few to be named that are fine examples of time and effort.
(Sep. 01, 2009  4:10 PM)Medz Wrote: I lol'd at this guys fail. There are alot of factors into making a good site, yours has very few. Sure it has a nice template, but then again, who made that template? Yeh, exactly. Not you. Getting free web templates isnt bad for begginners but the way your showing off your site is like you coded it all. Also, your friends "PRO" forum, I am 100% sure it was made with something like Forum Motion or Proboards, etc. Those are beginner sites that offer ALOT of help. You could make a site like that, that could take a few hours. Heck, If I went back to using those stuff, I could make a site 10x better than yours in a mere few hours. And whats the sites main point? To give info about beyblade right? Well for starters theres beywiki, also I doubt you know alot about beyblade. I guess you'd just copy and paste BeyWiki's info. So next time before you come back to post another one of your "PRO" websites, make it worth our time. kthx.

/end rant.
I must say this was quite an aggressive rant which was for the most unnecessary.

You put a lot of emphasis on the templates and the coding, and while that can attract visitors better, what mostly constitutes a good website is its content first and foremost. Some Japanese websites have so-so layouts, but they have information that is interesting and they update regularly most of the time.

DecroX01, from what I remember, has not written that he made the layout nor the coding for his Death Note website, and it is obvious upon first sight that it is a generic, free template, which is why I focused my attention to the total lack of content on the site instead. Because media is not everything, especially when it is so satisfying to buy the actual DVDs and such.

You also cannot offend somebody by saying they would copy and paste content when they have not really done so based on your knowledge of that person ...

DecroX01 Wrote:it was going to be about beyblade info, and i didnt know about beywiki by then. no i dont knwo alot about beyblade, i was hoping a few freidns and people from here could help, only to find that the people here, like you, are bitches. why? idk. thats the internet for ya. everyones a carp just because they can be.

i dont copy and paste on carp like that. i make my own info.

and sorry that a bigginer wanted help. didnt relize it was goign to cause chaos -.-
And calling everybody a 'b itch' is not cool at all either.

We are highly reluctant to help you, though, because you introduced yourself in this fashion : "I'm boooored ... I want to make a Beyblade site, so give me the info." How do you think we have this information ? Could you not do the same, and if you cannot, then why make the website that needs that information ?

Let me tell you this : I want to leave this topic open if you are willing to let it stagnate for some time while you do your job at researching the information and making your website. After you have done plans and concrete things for several days and that you want to open your site finally, post here.
If you really expect us to vomit all the information about Beyblade we know, or even a portion of it, in this thread, then we cannot do that and this should probably be closed. You decide.