We're truly worldwide! Working with Turkey and other things

As I'm sure everyone's noticed, we're getting a lot of members from Turkey since the WBO launched. I've been wondering how to handle this. Obviously, this is primarily an English-language board first, but if we want to open up to the rest of the world, we need to make the effort.

Ironically, this post focuses on the Turkish community but is written in English ... once I get in touch with one of our translators I will have it translated into Turkish!

To start, we've opened up a Beyblade discussion forum exclusively for our Turkish members: http://worldbeyblade.org/forum-29.html

Next up, you can actually view the board in Turkish now! Obviously not everything is translated -- no posts are translated, for example -- but most of the interface will be in Turkish. I redid the buttons myself! Smile

You can quickly change the language using this!

^ these images get bigger if you click on them, I promise!

It's at the bottom of every page. How amazing is that!? DJ 2002 - Yeah!

Maybe it's not that amazing ... Dj - Uh.

We're also working on a Turkish translation of the rules. I know some Turkish users have been having a bit of trouble understanding, so I want to get that done as soon as we can do it.

Also, yes, to use the WBS if you already have an account, or to register if you don't, you must enter your real name, address and phone number. This is simply to prevent cheating on the WBS. This information will never be shared with anyone outside of the WBO staff, and no other members can see it. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to PM me.

I would also like to address the possibility of the World Battle System rankings being reset over the next week or two (meaning, Bey Points set at 1000 and all battles erased for all users). As the WBS is beta software right now, there are no guarantees. I want to make sure everything is off to a good start and messy rankings isn't the way to do it.

As always, if you have any questions please post them. It's been a long day of hard work for me. Good luck and keep Bey Battling!

PS. to SchwarzeDranzer or ZenX, please translate this and post it in the Turkish forum when you get a chance! Thanks!
Hey brad, just giving u my opinion bout the resetting of the rankings, this seems like the best idea as some ppl were able to battle up to in excess of 50 battles and report large numbers of wins and losses, hence a reset of the rankings with the 10 ranked battles per week is by far the smartest and fairest option
I should make some corrections on the lang pack when I return back to Istanbul. Smile
This is great. Hopefully more bladers of different nationalities also join. It looks like were gonna hit 1000 members from 500 a lot faster than we got 500 from none.
(Dec. 10, 2008  1:55 AM)Maz Wrote: This is great. Hopefully more bladers of different nationalities also join. It looks like were gonna hit 1000 members from 500 a lot faster than we got 500 from none.

I definitely agree, this last 100 joined really fast.
I also agree too, the numberof bladers joinng is ridiculous (in a good way lol), so my next question is if the site grows large enough, is there the option of a world tournament?
(Dec. 10, 2008  2:02 AM)The Shredder Wrote: I also agree too, the numberof bladers joinng is ridiculous (in a good way lol), so my next question is if the site grows large enough, is there the option of a world tournament?

It's probably an option, but there'd probably be a lack of participants due to financial issues.
Yo I want to say frickin Ill job Brad
I sorta didn't see this comming so soon, great start if you ask me
(Dec. 10, 2008  9:32 AM)Blue Wrote: Yo I want to say frickin Ill job Brad

Never heard that term being used. I tend to use sick or bare, think that is how it is spelt lol.
It's nice you're doing this for the turkey peoples but you must think as en example, tomorrow 100 spanish peoples register and on sunday 100 Honolulu xD Member register. You can't open a Section for each language.

I would say make it in english it's the most spoken language in the world. And it's a great chance to learn english a little bit more.

Sorry for my bad english
(Dec. 11, 2008  11:05 PM)red_eyes Wrote: It's nice you're doing this for the turkey peoples but you must think as en example, tomorrow 100 spanish peoples register and on sunday 100 Honolulu xD Member register. You can't open a Section for each language.

I would say make it in english it's the most spoken language in the world. And it's a great chance to learn english a little bit more.

Sorry for my bad english

He's managed to get one or two other languages up which is pretty damn good imo. Once the new beyblades go worldwide along with the anime this site is going to be massive. I'm just wondering how we're all going to be able to adapt to this; the community will become VERY different.

I don't wanna be forgotten in a sea of new members. Q.Q
(Dec. 11, 2008  11:05 PM)red_eyes Wrote: It's nice you're doing this for the turkey peoples but you must think as en example, tomorrow 100 spanish peoples register and on sunday 100 Honolulu xD Member register. You can't open a Section for each language.

Sorry for my bad english

Beyblade is still very active in Turkey; that's my reasoning.

If there is demand for other language sections I will do them.
You can have forums for every language as I have seen other forums cope with it. They seem to be getting on just fine.
I agree - the more languages the better! It means that we can reach out to a much wider audience in future, especially with the return of the Beyblade anime and toyline as it's bound to gain a lot of popularity once the products and the Metal Fight anime are distributed and broadcast worldwide. If we're at nearly a thousand members now, who knows how many more we'll see join if the forum is in other languages?
(Apr. 07, 2009  8:25 AM)bbgoldflame Wrote: I agree - the more languages the better! It means that we can reach out to a much wider audience in future, especially with the return of the Beyblade anime and toyline as it's bound to gain a lot of popularity once the products and the Metal Fight anime are distributed and broadcast worldwide. If we're at nearly a thousand members now, who knows how many more we'll see join if the forum is in other languages?

we're at over one thousand members and this post is almost four months old
Oh, sorry. My mistake. ^^ However the last point I made in the previous post still stands. I'm a language student myself and if you need help with French or Spanish, I'd be quite happy to lend a hand. ^^
To translate the words I just use this:
www.google.com/translate Uncertain
But Google translate can give you the jist but it isn't 100% accurate. It also doesn't translate every language. Turkish being one of them.

(May. 29, 2009  4:05 PM)KidTala - KT Wrote: To translate the words I just use this:
www.google.com/translate Uncertain
i have only one question, what about latinos?
there some of a very ridiculous number than another countries... = (
(Jun. 03, 2009  1:12 AM)master_of_tops Wrote: i have only one question, what about latinos?
there some of a very ridiculous number than another countries... = (

Do you realize how old this post is?

That being said, I was very excited to work with the Spanish community, but everyone who signed on never finished any of the projects assigned to them.
this is one step forward, but lets be ready when MFB is worldwide, we'll seriously get a big BOOM of members
This topic is from December ...

I'll close it since people can't stop replying to it.