WD Defence?

So, I was thinking, defense needs as little recoil as possible right? So
AR: Polta
WD:Wide Defense/ Survivor (either work)
SG Neo Right
SG Core HMC
BB SG Metal Ball Base /w 4 metal balls
The concept is to just touch the WD because it's almost (or completely) round.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Wide_Defense
In this article there is the same combo, but the AR is War Lion from Galeon.
In any way, the concept is the same.
Does Wide Defense extend past War Lion though?
No
They are the same length from end to end.
Isn't Tiger Defense smaller than Wide Survivor?
I used Polta (Try-Cutter?) because it's got no use aside from WD Attack, so it's no real loss to my customization ability (if you get my meaning)
Yea.
One customize that looks cool is Polta AR with Star Attack. Pretty.
Hmmm, I'd try it but I don't have the parts... How does it perform?
Well, I'll do some actual tests later or tomorrow, against some smash and upper attackers. Pretty much a Defense combo thats entirely round.
Exposing more of the WD isn't necessarily good for defense. Plastic is softer than metal and absorbs more shock.
But if it's totally round...
If I were using 10 Wide then I'd tend to agree with you, however it is very hard to stop something round.
(Mar. 01, 2009  8:41 PM)Giga Wrote: But if it's totally round...
If I were using 10 Wide then I'd tend to agree with you, however it is very hard to stop something round.

You're right, the Beyblade community has been completely wrong all these years using War Lion and Tiger Defenser. We should've been using Polta!
Ah. Yeah, well. Has anyone TRIED Try-Cutter before? Anyway I woudn't suggest anyone to use Draciel G base normaly but Anubis uses it well so. And I'm not saying I'm anywhere near as good as him. Experimenting is the way forward.
(Mar. 01, 2009  8:41 PM)Giga Wrote: But if it's totally round...

Isn't the Gyro AR pretty round? Maybe use that instead. See, two reasons why the AR's brad listed are better. They are heavier and galleon has the subring which helps sort of "absorb" the hits as well.
I know they are better, they are just much more useful and as such can be used in many more customs. Wish I had Gyros AR haha
BTW, I would still like to try this cuz I want to find a use besides WD attacking or crappy upper for Try-Cutter. I love that thing.
(Mar. 01, 2009  8:54 PM)Giga Wrote: Wish I had Gyros AR haha

you and me both
How on earth do you make that have upper? I think MG WD might be good two, plus it's plastic counteracts what Brad was saying Cool
Driger V2's SP.
Ah yeah, wanna try(-cutter, lol) that now
(Mar. 01, 2009  8:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2009  8:54 PM)Giga Wrote: Wish I had Gyros AR haha

you and me both

If you're just going to use the WD, make it a Wide Survivor. The notches on the Wide Defense will totally knock it off balance.
I have used Try-Cutter for my zombies before it broke on me. It's way better than Tiger Defenser IMO since more of the weight disk can be used to inflict more damage to the opposing beyblade rather than yours as you take spin.
(Mar. 02, 2009  3:35 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I have used Try-Cutter for my zombies before it broke on me. It's way better than Tiger Defenser IMO since more of the weight disk can be used to inflict more damage to the opposing beyblade rather than yours as you take spin.

I was under the impression that Weight Disk Attacks were fairly ineffective. Am I wrong on this?
(Mar. 02, 2009  3:35 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I have used Try-Cutter for my zombies before it broke on me. It's way better than Tiger Defenser IMO since more of the weight disk can be used to inflict more damage to the opposing beyblade rather than yours as you take spin.

If you're using it as a zombie, the point is to not have the WD attack.
To me, they seem to only work in certain combos. One that I use would be something like this:
AR: Try-Cutter
WD: 10 Wide
SG: SG Left or Neo Left
BBConfusedpiral Change Base( attack mode)

This would steal spin and still attack with the weight disk protrustions if necessary. I know there are more combos but that is the only one I can think of off hand right now.