WBO, strict or not strict?

(Sep. 10, 2010  3:07 AM)Moss Wrote: Diamond = types faster than grease lightnin and is all round awesome
Ohh, thanks.

Including this in my sig but removing some of the content:
(Sep. 10, 2010  3:07 AM)Moss Wrote: Diamond is all round awesome
^ Cool haha.
Strict is something I wouldn't put past them: I have 10% warn from calling someone a carp who was insulting someone else. This is a friendly chat though, so I just have to be more careful with my context and language. I haven't found the admins to be angry or outrageous in their decisions, they're pretty cool people. I think when they have to close too many of your posts they get a little irritated though, I learned to use the 'search' option pretty fast...

I guess I have to make a new Avatar because of that new rule as well...
People keep warnings i might be banned from the wbo. UnhappyCrying
(Sep. 10, 2010  3:07 AM)Moss Wrote: Ok one post to rule them all my honest opinions
Diamond = types faster than grease lightnin and is all round awesome
TheFlightYellz = my mortal enemy
Rocky = nice person
Aqua = Best username evar lol but yeah he types pretty cool but we've had our ups / downs
♥= good guy can be violent at times Wink
Kai-V = God 'o' bey
Kei = apparently has an iinfinite amount of bey knowledge
Khel = To many faces makes me jealous Smile
BeyBrad = undescribable
Basically what i'm trying to say is that the only reason people think mods are strict is because they're on the receiving end of the Iceburns and the warnings
You forgot Hiro Ayami when he does browse the forums, hah.

CherryICG Wrote:I guess I have to make a new Avatar because of that new rule as well...
The fanart rule ? Your avatar is fine, it is straight from a show whose name I forgot, no ?
i havint really seen a strict member of wbo but my freind did say he got a 20% warning for telling a wbo member to chill out, idk if its true or not
(Sep. 10, 2010  4:40 PM)ali12345456 Wrote: i havint really seen a strict member of wbo but my freind did say he got a 20% warning for telling a wbo member to chill out, idk if its true or not

Depends on the context, anyway
Quote:
CherryICG Wrote:I guess I have to make a new Avatar because of that new rule as well...
The fanart rule ? Your avatar is fine, it is straight from a show whose name I forgot, no ?

Correct. Coop from Megas XLR, that scene appeared about two times in the pilot episode in between fights, shortly after Goat screams "I want my two bucks!" (the amount Coop owes him for the giant robot fighting machine from the future). There was only two seasons, the second had an awesome finale. The people who made the show fell into some problems, I'm not so sure Wikipedia is a very accurate source for it so I won't say, but I hear they are the team that went on to make Star Wars: Clone Wars. I was very sad.
i don't think thee mods are strict they just wanna keep the site more better to go on i mean who wants to go on a site full of spammers anyway
I ahve two points, both are 'third-partied' opinions, but yes these mods are strict, now, let me detail out my opinions:

1 - Strict is good when Beyblade has a lot of 8-yr old or younger kids as fans and they, like most all American families, have a net-connection and email. These kids are usually not monitored properly by their {EDIT: By their not-so strict parents} while online. Strictness keeps this to a controlled level. Also following with this, this same strictness avoid too much server strain, think of major-anime forums like Gaiaonline, they have millions of users and have to consistently make money-costing RIGs(random item giveaways) to support their 200+ servers with proper maintenance, instead of restrictions on post content, except in their chatterbox forum, which even then has minimal rules. WBO, however, cannot do anything like that as quickly and likely has much less than 200 servers, Strict is not discipline online, it is survival of fan-sites due to memory and storage.
I mention this as I make fan-sites myself using free hosting, which always limits my storage to a minimal amount since i dont own the server.
But there are areas where strictness because a tidbit over-the-top, as in my no2, now mods, i must apologize before I continue and after I say my spill I will say why I apologize.

2 - I see the the combo testing formula as way too strict, but this routes from the fact that here in WBO, there are no 'tiers' lower than 'Standard' and 'Top'(Top also referred in other competitions as 1st-tier), This issue could be settled, but it'd take a long time, maybe even years, so I wont ask this, I'll admit, it'd be nice to see my for-fun blade custom detailed out with a tournament view, regardless of it's tier but alas I cannot ask this of a fan-forum unless I myself am willing and capable of making the biggest contribution to such a system: to write out the articles on not just my custom blade, but anyone else's blade customs myself and tier-rank them according to WBO's ranking systems, something I simply cannot, nor anyone I could imagine, do.
Alas, I still long for it, but again it is not my place to request such, beggers aren't choosers.

All this said, I think the mods are doing the best they can, after all, no one, aw heck for that matter no team is perfect, we all have our flaws, even our loved WBO has flaws, but if we can agree on rules, such as these mods lay out, then we can enjoy a common hobby without hardly any drawbacks

My apologies if this upsets the mods, I know with my record, I probably am lined up for at least a scolding by posting this, but I felt I should say how I, thinking as a third-person, see it all. Again I know my record isn't a good on, so I do apologize.

EDIT: My apologies if my edited-out words offended anyone, I was trying to use a common situation and those word were the first on my mind.
I don't even try to post comments, because someone will get hurt and cry about example.
*Cough**momiji manju**Cough*

Nah but i think Mods are doing a good job on the rules but they need to relax and chillll bro Cool
Personally, I don't think they are strict, but when they are strict, it's for the right purpose. Like if I say "Spike is the best stamina tip ever!!" Kai-V or somebody else saying, actually SD,D,or WD are the best. That's not that strict. I have never seen Kai-V be strict, she is just correcting us or giving us a little more information.
I personally think that the mods and the committee here on WBO is very strict, sometimes they are but that's only when they need to be. But sometimes I think they need to be more strict about certain things, but either way they can do their jobs how ever they want, it's not my opinion matters on the topic at hand anyways. Either way we still have great Mods and a great Committee so we should be thankful for that! Joyful_3
Can be strict. What I think makes things look worse is what I call the policing aspect some mods (or posters) tend to do on the forums. Personally, I think warnings should be done through PMs first, then on threads if the poster persists in breaking the rules (this is how I have to do it on a forum that I moderate).

The thing that makes things look bad, to me, is when mods/posters "warn" people on threads. Is there a need to have more then one person "warn" someone on a thread. First, it just derails the thread with the first "warning" post. Then, someone else has to come along and give their own "warning"

Gives it the look of the mods/posters just ganging up on someone, when it could be nothing more then a simple mistake. Was kind of the reason that I took so long in deciding to join up on these forums.

One quick question though, how can we tell mods and posters apart? Is it that mods have their username in blue?
First joining , I thought WBO was a bunch of carp.But after returning one day , I was suprised of what I posted.So mainly , the WBO just wants us disciplined.
(Oct. 21, 2010  1:04 AM)BeyFan Wrote: The thing that makes things look bad, to me, is when mods/posters "warn" people on threads. Is there a need to have more then one person "warn" someone on a thread. First, it just derails the thread with the first "warning" post. Then, someone else has to come along and give their own "warning"

Gives it the look of the mods/posters just ganging up on someone, when it could be nothing more then a simple mistake. Was kind of the reason that I took so long in deciding to join up on these forums.
I have to agree with that. It can be OK that we warn people and 'reprimand' them, but seeing a lot of different members also do the same is bad sometimes. If you want somebody to be warned, then just report their post and do not posts necessarily.
After just joining this site I find that the some Mods can be helpful and others can be plain annoying and really make me mad.

I joined this site because i love researching about beyblades. I descover new information on new ideas and love to share what ive learned. In retro spect there are things im unaware of and questions i have about certain parts or battle strategies, that i would like to ask questions about.

Being new i have no idea how to navigate this site its not really noob friendly Uncertain though pretty

so i will get on the questions and answers thread and post my question i get one of two answers

1. your question is redundant please go look it up your self here -link-

or

2. -answer to my question with kind words and things to think about- but please try using this ... -link-

being strick works if you do it right being a **** isnt what we are all here for.

mod 2 example is definitly understandably strick
mod 1 i have other things to say that i shouldnt if i wanna stay here
I think all the mods/admins rock (not to sound like a suck up). Without them this whole site would be clutter and insanity. Thanks guys.
I think the private message you received when you joined this message board makes you a lot more familiar with the site and even introduces you to Beywiki, a side-website full of resources, and all of this should really make you think it is "noob friendly" in my opinion.
(Nov. 14, 2010  5:02 AM)Auska Wrote: being strick works if you do it right being a **** isnt what we are all here for.
I think you used two to many *'s and if you didn't PLEASE pm me to tell me what you where trying to say...
(Nov. 14, 2010  5:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I think the private message you received when you joined this message board makes you a lot more familiar with the site and even introduces you to Beywiki, a side-website full of resources, and all of this should really make you think it is "noob friendly" in my opinion.

well its funny yeah sure its my fault, but not many people join a site and read the first pm they get usally its a "thanks for joining our site hope ya have fun!' which no one cares to see it would be much more intelligent to have a thread at the top of the site explaining how it works

i mean now im kind of getting some of the uses of buttons such as the "quote" and other things i have never seen (which are neat btw Tongue_out)

but seriously if you harsh all over noobs mellows they get pissed and reak havok or leave. which isnt good for anyone.

good thing i have patients ^__^
Why in hell do you think they would read a topic more ? We have clear stickied topics and rules sometimes right above the forums that newbies never read. You get something personally in your inbox : if you do not read it, then you will seriously not read anything else.

Also, if you read some of the posts in this topic, I am sure you would understand that we constantly get waves of ignorant users who almost purposely do not read things and that is why, after the months, we have little patience left. At this point, to maintain a sane and clean atmosphere on this message board, a "zero tolerance" principle is really needed, because not taking care of the newbies as soon as they do something will in the end probably make veteran members want to leave because of all this mess, and seriously I think this is a priority because they can contribute with high quality posts, help with Beywiki, spread their knowledge, discover new things, etc.

Furthermore, I do not think you know how often we have to repeat things. For some reason, everybody thinks they are the first to have asked "how do i battle on this site", yet there is a clear Help section with an FAQ, with the answer right there. There is a definite lack of involvement, sense of exploration and self-'managing' (figuring things out on your own). At least you are beginning to learn, you know that it is possible that things are out there already and you just need time to discover more. However, almost everybody else is exactly the opposite as you, and will never look around.
(Nov. 14, 2010  6:15 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Why in hell do you think they would read a topic more ? We have clear stickied topics and rules sometimes right above the forums that newbies never read. You get something personally in your inbox : if you do not read it, then you will seriously not read anything else.

Also, if you read some of the posts in this topic, I am sure you would understand that we constantly get waves of ignorant users who almost purposely do not read things and that is why, after the months, we have little patience left. At this point, to maintain a sane and clean atmosphere on this message board, a "zero tolerance" principle is really needed, because not taking care of the newbies as soon as they do something will in the end probably make veteran members want to leave because of all this mess, and seriously I think this is a priority because they can contribute with high quality posts, help with Beywiki, spread their knowledge, discover new things, etc.

Furthermore, I do not think you know how often we have to repeat things. For some reason, everybody thinks they are the first to have asked "how do i battle on this site", yet there is a clear Help section with an FAQ, with the answer right there. There is a definite lack of involvement, sense of exploration and self-'managing' (figuring things out on your own). At least you are beginning to learn, you know that it is possible that things are out there already and you just need time to discover more. However, almost everybody else is exactly the opposite as you, and will never look around.

i dont know if this is the weirdest reply ever but

I kinda wish i could hug you
though your sturn and seem to be the toughest (from what ive seen) on people about being correct and fixing problems.
you still are willing to explain
im sorry for being one of the blind people but you still are willing to put up with me and give me some props ( i guess aha) as well i feel honored at this point
though the no tolerance.. your tolerating me. thank you for that
i really respect you
sorry for being naive

btw im glad i kept the newby 1st pm cause im using it currently since you mentioned it
See, cool people are good. We can only dream we got many more, hah ...
Do I qualify...?
Hah when I joined I had a pretty good experience. I had trouble differentiating between a few things though (i.e, beyblade the hobby, beyblade the anime).