WBO, strict or not strict?

I read some posts saying that Kai-V or other members of the WBO committee being strict. So I just want to ask what do you think of that? I think it is normal for them to be strict, to keep the forum disciplined, some forums are even stricter, they ban permanently users that make bad posts. And is this the wrong place for the thread? I'm not sure but this is a comment about the WBO.
Personally, I know I am strict and that this is not debatable. However, obviously I do that for the right reasons and not only to be a 'dictator' or something ... Some other message boards have administrators who are strict with the most stupid things, such as rare grammatical errors in people's messages ...
No I do not think you are strict at all, some admins in others forums are like even stricter, I mean a lot stricter.
(Jul. 19, 2010  5:46 PM)XDBeyblade Wrote: [...] they ban permanently users that make bad posts [...]

With regards to this, I think we always try to make a point of not banning any regular members (i.e., people who are not bots, advertisers, or here to deliberately post bad things) immediately; pretty much all of the people who get banned are due to an accumulation of warning points. I think this is a good precedent to set; this way, people aren't suddenly "alarmed", or anything.

I think this is kind of a cool thread, tbh; it's really good to hear what you guys think about the staff here.
The staff before I joined in my mind was very strict and usually snapped at anything I said,
Later however I realized that I was making stupid posts and got annoyed with others eventually too.

You really learn a lot here, not only in terms of knowledge in beyblades but in also how to be a good poster and to interact with others more easily, this may seem over - dramatic but this is how I truly feel about this community.

I'm really glad you guys are here.
I was extremely lazy when I first joined, and asked so many questions about this or that when the answers were right in front of my face either in the beywiki, in another thread, or in the same thread of which I was posting.I also created threads that need not to be created (Like a thread in the Beymarket place about shipping cost for Leoshop) But after a few months off from the WBO , i returned and saw like all of you have as well an increase in newer members. They are doing the same thing, Posting in the wrong forum, Not looking up the answers which are right in front of there faces, etc. etc.
So I don't think the mods are being strict. If they weren't doing what they are doing, with locking a thread in the wrong section, or warning a user for a post these newer members would never learn and keep continuing what they are doing which in turn would ruin the experience of the forum for all of us .
Yes people do make mistakes from time to time, which is why the mods don't give a 10% warning level every single time someone messes up. But it is the continutation of not learning from the mistake that tends to "annoy" the mods.
I really think this forum is not all about Beyblade it is also about discipline and other stuff like organization, also to help each other. I'm really glad that moderators are here. I used to be a member of a car forum and I got banned after 3 days for making too much abbreviations that people can barely understand.
I like the moderators even though I thought that they were too strict at the beginning. However, I have since realised I was just an idiot at the time.

However, I sincerely hate the regular users who are rude and/or try to be moderators. They annoy me so much and I hope that the WBO would clamp down on this.
i dont really think member of WBO are strict at all they just like things organized
Trust me, the WBO is not *that* hardcore. As XDBeyblade said there are much tougher forums out there. I am someone who has been using internet forums for a number of years I enjoy the fact that WBO moderators are diligent in keeping things organized and making sure rules are actually enforced. I have seen some pretty poorly run forums over the years, where rules are ignored, there is no mod presence, disorganization everywhere. Those forums always fail. Besides, its not like you are going to get permabanned for making one or two stupid posts here; the warning system offers an alarm. Unless you do something seriously retarded like post teh pr0nz you are allowed to make mistakes. I think Toonpenguin said it best in that, if new members were never informed of the rules and bad threads not locked, the forum experience for the rest of us would be considerably less enjoyable. Productive, responsible members are the best kind of members, and Kai-V and the other mods do a bang up job of helping shape the newbies into that model. So, thank you mods and admins for making WBO a positive experience. Please continue to keep being "strict"! Wink
(Jul. 19, 2010  10:20 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: However, I sincerely hate the regular users who are rude and/or try to be moderators. They annoy me so much and I hope that the WBO would clamp down on this.

But because some regular users do act like moderators, this gives less problems for the ACTUAL moderators in policing the system. Regular users aren't a problem as long as they know what they're talking about, no?

Example: Daegor42 vs a new member who dosen't know what they're talking about.
(Jul. 20, 2010  12:52 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2010  10:20 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: However, I sincerely hate the regular users who are rude and/or try to be moderators. They annoy me so much and I hope that the WBO would clamp down on this.

But because some regular users do act like moderators, this gives less problems for the ACTUAL moderators in policing the system. Regular users aren't a problem as long as they know what they're talking about, no?

Haha, I get referenced. Do I really act like a mod?

To make my post more relevent...

I think the moderators on this site actually do quite a bang up job. They're professional, quick and up to date on important facts. As many others have stated, I prefer having a slightly strict environment to one that is lax. If rules are not enforced, what is the point?

There's a difference between being a moderator and acting like a moderator though. If you're not a moderator, why act like one, especially in such a blunt manner? If this forum attracted an older audience, fine, but, because there's a lot of young kids on here, one needs to adopt a different attitude, I feel. I've even toned myself down (you don't want to see me on TSR). Also, whenever I've seen someone act like a moderator, they're usually followed by an actual mod, so I really don't see the need to act like one.

(Jul. 20, 2010  12:53 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Haha, I get referenced. Do I really act like a mod?

Although you do give good information, including helping me frequently, yes you do.
(Jul. 20, 2010  1:04 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote:

There's a difference between being a moderator and acting like a moderator though. If you're not a moderator, why act like one, especially in such a blunt manner? If this forum attracted an older audience, fine, but, because there's a lot of young kids on here, one needs to adopt a different attitude, I feel. I've even toned myself down (you don't want to see me on TSR). Also, whenever I've seen someone act like a moderator, they're usually followed by an actual mod, so I really don't see the need to act like one.

However, there can be no harm done in a user acting like a moderator, unless it gets out of hand, while I can see how they seem like they`re annoying they only help us, as a community in the long run. (That is if they know what they`re talking about!)

And the moderators are amazing but they aren`t gods. They can`t cover every single post and or comment that appears on the WBO. Which is where regular HELPFUL users come in.

Anyways this is getting out of hand and off topic so let`s take it to PM`s.
(Jul. 20, 2010  12:53 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Haha, I get referenced. Do I really act like a mod?

Ah, yes you do, however you`ve been reliable so far, so I have no problems with it. Smile
Mods are a little stricter than my last forum site Gamespot, but that site is huge I've met a mod like 3-4 a month. I see the regular mods every single day, so I suppose things are even less strict here because if Gamespot modded like the WBO I'd have a lot more moderation. The mods aren't strict the people on these forums are strict some users attack others for posting something wrong but the mods like to answer it very politely which I find great because then people and myself can learn from our mistakes instead of belittling us like some users.

Unless people as a group act together and tell users they are wrong it just seems like a MODS = GODS scenario. I'm not saying it's a good idea to go around and pretend you're a mod but telling someone that they are wrong is totally fine and is everyone's responsibility.

The mods here are strict and for good reasoning. They do a good job of what they do and they have my utmost respect. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously can't adhere to a couple of easy rules.
It depends, but if someone is swearing, then most users take it seriously.
In my personal point of view the WBO Administrator (Kai-V) is very strict, why? I will give you an example which is ocurring now, and I want to say all the truth.

Recently Kai-V said me by MSN that the spanish forum will be closed and eliminated, and ask me to help her making the spanish forum more active, but a few weeks ago the two more importants latinoamericans organizations decided to make an official WBO tourney, we join everything from the site to the attendants, we was in treatments to become it official, but Kai-V said me that we miss one thing; the stadiums obligatory need to be Takara. Chocked_2 Takara don´t sell to Mexico, or Argentina. We only haved Hasbro stadiums. Later she said me that the spanish forum will be closed because is inactive and boring Confused and she ASKED me to make another external forum :\ like WBO, I did one (www.beyblade.latin-foro.com) named Federacion Mundial de Beyblade. Now I know why spanish forum is inactive.

To date she didn´t close the spanish forum, and she didn´t decide me if we can be an affiliated forum.

I know that I´m exposing to be banned or be warned or something, I don´t care about it I just open another account

But I want to express what passed with WBO spanish forum, to months of arriving Metal Fusion Beyblade to latinoamerica
It's clearly stated that only certain types of Takara Tomy Stadiums are allowed at official WBO Events. Takara Tomy don't sell to any Western countries; you must import, like everyone else ...
Brad and I, and probably others in the Committee, have always thought about closing the Spanish forum. Actually, if I had listened to Brad, it would have been closed months ago. There is just nothing happening there, and with what happened concerning the tournament, I am really not sure what the World Beyblade Organization can offer that is special enough to form an 'affiliation' with the Spanish community as a whole anymore. We open language forums on the 'assumption', but mutual declaration that a sort of organisation is going to take organised play seriously and bring activity to the board. The Spanish community has never had any of that, and to be told that even with our offer to use the entry fee directly to order Takara Beystadiums was absolutely impossible, it means you cannot play competitively in the World Beyblade Organization. So, with no real activity in the Spanish forum either, I just go back to what Brad suggested, which probably should have been done sooner. You know, Brad has never really made any bad decision for this site, or for Off the Chain, etc.

Also, you are not going to get banned or warned because you express your opinion like that.

Moreover, I have been very busy these last days, which is why I have not closed anything or taken a decision about things yet ...
(Jul. 22, 2010  1:50 AM)♥ Wrote: It's clearly stated that only certain types of Takara Tomy Stadiums are allowed at official WBO Events. Takara Tomy don't sell to any Western countries; you must import, like everyone else ...

That´s not being strict?
(Jul. 22, 2010  2:17 AM).:.:Kai:.:. Wrote: That´s not being strict?
It depends : if you mean it in a pejorative way, then no, we are not too strict. That is just the way Beyblade should really be played to have optimal performances and get real results in the best conditions. Hasbro's Beystadiums are absolutely terrible.
(Jul. 22, 2010  2:21 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2010  2:17 AM).:.:Kai:.:. Wrote: That´s not being strict?
It depends : if you mean it in a pejorative way, then no, we are not too strict. That is just the way Beyblade should really be played to have optimal performances and get real results in the best conditions. Hasbro's Beystadiums are absolutely terrible.

Kai-v i think you just played with takara tommy stadium to long and started liking it way more than hasbro thats my opinion.Also being resonable people don't always have the cash like you also i think hasbro stadiums are way better than takara thats my opinion and takra stadiums coast way more cash than a hasbro stadium you need to be in consideration of other people.Joyful_2
Considering we just found a way to get good Attack stadiums for five dollars each, plus some shipping, I think the total of entry fees could have at least brought one good Beystadium.

Also, obviously these "Takara Stadium" rules and others were agreed upon by all the veterans of Beyblade. There is not much to argue on here ... TAKARA-TOMY Beystadiums are better, perhaps you have simply never played with them.

Plus, you think Metal Fight Beyblade is "the worst beyblade hasbro and tommy taru made in history i hate it", so, without wanting to offend you, your opinion is not as valuable as that of the people who realised what the best conditions for Beyblade organised play was.
(Jul. 22, 2010  2:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Considering we just found a way to get good Attack stadiums for five dollars each, plus some shipping, I think the total of entry fees could have at least brought one good Beystadium.

Also, obviously these "Takara Stadium" rules and others were agreed upon by all the veterans of Beyblade. There is not much to argue on here ... TAKARA-TOMY Beystadiums are better, perhaps you have simply never played with them.

Plus, you think Metal Fight Beyblade is "the worst beyblade hasbro and tommy taru made in history i hate it", so, without wanting to offend you, your opinion is not as valuable as that of the people who realised what the best conditions for Beyblade organised play was.

1. i wasn't arguing also of you saying"TAKRA-TOMY Beystadiums are better" said kai-v is your opinion once again you cannot speak for everyone else. Joyful_2

2.Thats my opinion that has nothing to concern you also you are off topic kai-v. Joyful_2