WBO's first ever GRAPHIC BATTLE

(Jun. 20, 2011  2:08 PM)Xyo Wrote: Neverminf i like first and third

why? why do you like them?

you need a good reason why you like them
Damn, these are some really good pics! I think I know who might win...
(Jun. 20, 2011  7:28 AM)RAW Wrote: Lol, just realized, it is a bit easy to tell which one is Ga's! xD

Shhhhh....
Why, all everyone needs to do is look at 2 of your other creations and BAM!
The first one is just really awesomely done, really the foreground and the background just flow and it looks amazing, I am impressed with the first one. One of my votes go here.

Now, I notice many people voted first and third, I think the third one's center portion looks really stuffed up and the edges are free, if they were more planned and spacious I would definitely vote for three.

Two looks really originally done, but all that's done is, the creatures are cut and pasted onto a background and there's no bass or flow to it, my vote does not go there either.
Five is the exact same as the second one: cut [And didn't cut that well.], copy, paste.

Now, the fourth signature, this one is really wide and spacious and you can see everything, this one is just amazing, it is very smartly done, it's plain and simple, it's also creative. My other vote goes to this one.

So,

Entry One and Entry Four get my vote.
3rd and 5th
3 Kicks Grass
5 Kicks gras

I know which one is Gas and which one is nano. Who were actually in this compition
(Jun. 20, 2011  12:39 PM)RowDog Wrote: My vote goes to the third. It is so much brighter than all the others which makes the others look bland and it fills the whole sig while others have empty places.
I also like the idea of 'lets kick some grass' but it doesn't get my vote.
Where is your second vote? You are supposed to vote for two.
(Jun. 20, 2011  4:21 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Where is your second vote? You are supposed to vote for two.

Nowhere does it say you must vote for two.

(Jun. 20, 2011  3:47 PM)RAW Wrote: Why, all everyone needs to do is look at 2 of your other creations and BAM!

Considering my "style" generally fluctuates from creation to creation, not really.
I had asked if you vote for 2 in the OP. And RAW was referring to me... But you really outdid yourself with this one, Greimatter! Looking good!
The third one definitely gets my vote. It's perfectly and neatly shaped about with side blurs.

Also the fourth one, it has great colors and neat
(Jun. 20, 2011  4:51 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I had asked if you vote for 2 in the OP. And RAW was referring to me... But you really outdid yourself with this one, Greimatter! Looking good!

Ah. I didn't catch that the first time around.
And thanks. Smile
There have already been multiple votes, I'm sure people are.
I wish I could re-do mine with my newfound style... >.> Too late...
I wish I could redo mine with some of the new stuff I learned to do with my photo editor... It could be way better looking at the actual pics and not the background.
Sorry for double post, but there are only 3 days left to vote! Join in and give us a critique, it's beneficial to everyone that participates!
I vote for the first and third one. Number one looks really nice and like the rustic hand drawn work. Also, I like the third one because the Pokemon are arranged like a BOSS
I vote for numbers 1 and 3. Number 1 has a rustic, closed-area feel to it, and it gets points for the nostalgia it gave me looking at the Venasaur. It looks like the one from the first card.

Number 3, I like the tones all the greens form when they blend and slightly cover the non-greens on other Pokemon.

As a side note, I can tell who did which by quoting. I know which is Nano's, Ga's, and The Fire Worm's. Two of them have a distinct feel to them. That's why I propose, in the future, everyone uses the guest function on ImageShack.
I used to give a lot of constructive criticism on Ty Kamara, I wonder if I can get people to improve too ...

You used the default grass brushes on Photoshop or something like that ? It shows. There is no connection between the background and the stock pictures; if you wanted grass, you could have manipulated the image so that they were lying on the grass, they were cutting grass with some of it swirling around them, etc. The pictures are badly cut, you can clearly see all the white around them, it is not unified. The Pokéball seems 'random', and the text is completely irrelevant : if you have nothing to write, do not write anything.

OK, but badly executed. The background could have so much more quality and definition than that, and it quickly becomes too boring and simple to me. The Pokémon around Celebi are not connecting with it, therefore I have no idea why they are forming a circle around it.

Again, none of them are really interacting, nor are they connecting with the background. Why are there black and green squares in the background ? They have no point, and neither does the line pattern, apparently.

I suppose Pokémon is indeed like that, but not all the time, and personally I think that a very repetitive background for a signature picture is bad. It is so repetitive that it gives nothing special to the overall image, it does not unify anything. I think the text would have been better if there was no shadow.

White grass, random lines in the background, one of the Pokémon seemingly surfing on them ? Celebi is very blurry for no reason. It also just looks like several Pokémon put on a background, nothing extra.
Im going to vote for the third one, I like the colour scheme and it blends better than the others. Only bad thing I say is that it is a bit crowded at parts of the sig.
Nice criticism! Kai-V, I am just asking, but will you be voting?

Anyways, I just realized that number one had a good sense on the white lines. Too bad I can't change my vote.
(Jun. 20, 2011  7:28 AM)RAW Wrote: First and third.

First- I like the whole effect and especially the background.

Third- The color scheme is epic! The Pokemon are epic. Seriously, if I could, I would get a print and put it on my wall Wink
Also, I think the votes could be tallied like this:

|||| and for the fifth, ||||

Just a suggestion Wink
Lol, just realized, it is a bit easy to tell which one is Ga's! xD

I can tell which one everybody's is btw I vote for #3
They all look pretty good but i vote for #1 and #3