WBO Rules Release 2 Now Available

After just a short few days, the 2nd release of the official WBO rules is now available. These rules are in effect immediately for all sanctioned WBO play.

What's new?

Addendum to the Selection of Beyblade and Launcher section:

Quote:The Blader is free to select a different Shooter or, in the case of a Dual Shooter, Spin Direction, unless they have already attached the Beyblade or inserted a Winder. Once either of these actions have been performed, the Shooter cannot be changed. In the case of the Dual Shooter, the spin direction can be changed between rounds.

Ruling added for Phantom Fox MS:

Quote:If one part of Phantom Fox stops spinning but the other continues to, the stopped piece must be left alone. The standard rules for touching the Bey Stadium or a Beyblade during a BeyBattle still apply.

Large section added about the World Battle System. Read this! Here's the most important addition:

Quote:To prevent the WBS from becoming unbalanced, you may only participate in ten ranked BeyBattles with the same Blader every calendar week (Sunday through Saturday). If you have accidentally submitted too many BeyBattles, please contact a WBO staff member immediately. If you are found to be submitting BeyBattles above the approved limit, your account will be subject to punishment, up to and including banning from the WBO.

You can download it here: http://worldbeyblade.org/wborules.pdf
Okay, I have some questions Brad. This system is based on an honor system, which would be fine, however can you trust everyone to give you accurate information? I suppose since the loser is the one who must confess, I'm interested in what the plan will be if someone lies about them self losing, and "dishonors" the system. It might sometimes only be one person's word against another. It isn't something too serious, but we must consider all of the consequences of not being careful enough. I read the rules twice, and the punishment seems needful, however it isn't as if everyone will be caught in their deeds, at least not right away. I'm excited about this entire project, but as I noted, caution must be taken.
It's fine, I was wondering when someone would ask.

If someone doesn't report a loss, obviously it will be up to the staff to decide what to do in that situation. However, being cast out from the Beyblade circle as a "cheater" is the worst thing you can do for your score; you can't continue to gain any Bey Points if nobody will play against you! Thus, I think it won't be that much of a problem. However, if there is a serious issue we will judge it based on our own judgement.

Any intentional fraud will lead to a permanent ban immediately. No warnings, just a ban. The punishment must be severe to make sure the system is not abused at all. We will do random audits on Bladers that are advancing well to make sure they are doing everything fairly.
This seems reasonable. The castaways will soon form their own underground Beyblading association and become the Gangstas' of beyblading lol. Thanks for the info.
(Dec. 07, 2008  7:09 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: This seems reasonable. The castaways will soon form their own underground Beyblading association and become the Gangstas' of beyblading lol. Thanks for the info.

JUST BECAUSE OUR BEYBLADES STOPPED SPINNING AT THE SAME TIME DOESN'T MEAN I DIDN'T BEAT YOU

[Image: rick.gif]
(Dec. 07, 2008  7:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2008  7:09 AM)TheUnkownGod Wrote: This seems reasonable. The castaways will soon form their own underground Beyblading association and become the Gangstas' of beyblading lol. Thanks for the info.

JUST BECAUSE OUR BEYBLADES STOPPED SPINNING AT THE SAME TIME DOESN'T MEAN I DIDN'T BEAT YOU

[Image: rick.gif]

LMAO XD
Hey the rules seem really straight nd clear cut, although I am curious bout 1 little thing tho, wat issue started the 10 ranked battle per week limit?
(Dec. 08, 2008  2:12 AM)The Shredder Wrote: Hey the rules seem really straight nd clear cut, although I am curious bout 1 little thing tho, wat issue started the 10 ranked battle per week limit?

Just so people can't shoot their rank up a ridiculous amount in a short period of time.
Good point, i think the funniest bit bout that is that we'd all do it lol
Under the Universal Bans heading, there is a small typo:

Universal Bans Wrote:Most official Beyblade tops will are declared legal by the WBO. However, there are several...

I don't think the word "will" should be there.
(Dec. 08, 2008  10:54 AM)Kei Wrote: Under the Universal Bans heading, there is a small typo:

Universal Bans Wrote:Most official Beyblade tops will are declared legal by the WBO. However, there are several...

I don't think the word "will" should be there.

Will fix in Release 3.
I greatly approve of these rules. I feel that this has been a real step-up from before. I feel kinda bad for have been off for so long, but I glad I came back. I look forward to the first official WBO tournament!