WBO Organized Play Rule Updates May 2020: Legal Stadiums, BSC Ban List + More

(May. 29, 2020  5:21 PM)MDK Shady Wrote: Zero G burst, now that is kinda epic

I'm now pondering what Hypersphere drivers would do in this sort of stadium. Sounds like one fun mess to me.
I like these new implementations and I think they will impact tournaments in a good way, especially in unranked. The use of all TT/Hasbro stadiums makes everything more casual and can help new organizers get a feel of things without buying a B-09 or any other standard TT stadium. Although I do think that instead of banning Fusion', you could have done a clarification banning only highly worn Fusion' to the point which its shape and performance resembles Accel, so people who want to use Fusion' specifically can do so. You could have also taken a similar approach that you guys did with the "Flat Bearing" issue, but it is what it is.
(Jun. 03, 2020  8:23 PM)YishYash Wrote: I like these new implementations and I think they will impact tournaments in a good way, especially in unranked. The use of all TT/Hasbro stadiums makes everything more casual and can help new organizers get a feel of things without buying a B-09 or any other standard TT stadium. Although I do think that instead of banning Fusion', you could have done a clarification banning only highly worn Fusion' to the point which its shape and performance resembles Accel, so people who want to use Fusion' specifically can do so. You could have also taken a similar approach that you guys did with the "Flat Bearing" issue, but it is what it is.

The problem is that based on our Driver Wear Regulations, a worn Fusion' is normally permitted. Burst Classic is a limited format, so we had to make the decision to simply ban it for that format instead of instituting a one-off exception ruling.

For "Flat" Bearing, we made no such exception either but rather addressed the fundamental issue by implementing our universal Driver Wear Regulations for Burst to clarify what sort of wear is legal for it and all Drivers.
WOW! It took a while for the WBO to notice that children of the ages 13-17 are not equipped to handle the responsibilities of organizing a tournament alone. Good for them!