WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(Oct. 27, 2011  5:11 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: #3 seems like a reasonable position to take from a discretionary stand point, I'm just not sure how I feel about the hand bumping as that happens all the time...

Extreme cases (extreme bumping). Like you said, discretion plays a big rule here. I realize it's still a grey area, but with a little common sense, it should be quite obvious.

I guess misinterpretation is quite common from the rule book.

I do have a nagging question in mind. It concerns the disassembling of a bey during battle.

If a bey gets disassembled upon contact during battle, will it be OK to re-assemble it to be used for the next round? It is a little ironic in a sense that a blader can NOT change the modes of a beyblade (LDrago mode, Scythe PC Frame etc) during a beybattle, since he / she will be using the bey-tool to do so. Is this not the same case for re-assembling a bey that falls apart? Tools will be used right?

I can understand if the bey 'breaks' as in no longer legal for play. The win will be rewarded to the opponent for the remainder of rounds for that particular beybattle. But what about a simple 'dis-assembly'?

Thank you

EDIT:
Arupaeo: Casual hand to hand bumping should just be overlooked, unless it's severe. I was talking specifically about hand to bey bumping. This should be re-done, else it's a freebie gattyaki.
The current ruling is that if a Beyblade separates, it is a win for the round for the opponent, and the Blader obviously has to reassemble it exactly like it was before but tighter. If Gravity Perseus was in Defense Mode, it has to still be in Defense Mode.
I see. Would it be viable to petition a minor update to the rulebook regarding this?

"Separation of a bey during a match should warrant an automatic loss for the beyblader for the remainder of rounds in a beybattle or an automatic win for the beybattle"

The way I see it, it doesn't matter how excellent a judge is, he/she will not remember 100% the modes used for both beys during a beybattle. Cases where bladers switch modes (Fang / Phantom / Gravity / PC frames etc) during the re-assembly AFTER the separation will undeniably occur from time to time. The update would be an excellent prevention for this.

Besides, in practice, it is really much more fun that way. Everybody anticipates the moment it happens. Attackers look forward to it. When it does happen, everbody cheers in awe. Everybody will have a clear understanding that the beyblader just got his/her butt whooped, and loses the beybattle, period.
The rule used to be that, but people in the Committee thought it was unfair just because someone did not tighten their combination enough. Personally, I totally say it is entirely their fault and that it takes no time to just turn the Tool slightly more to ensure that it is solid and will not disassemble.

That being said, if the judge is authoritary and clearly tells the Blader to use exactly the same mode(s) as before the separation, that should already prevent some trickery. Surely the opponent will also be really interested in knowing what the mode was.
(Nov. 01, 2011  2:46 PM)Kai-V in beyblade random thoughts Wrote: The rule on that subject is that if a Beyblade cannot complete a full revolution anymore, it is considered that it stopped spinning and the victory goes to the opponent.

At the risk of sounding too technical, this has never been clear enough for me and causes many follow-on questions from other bladers. "Cannot complete a full revolution" as measured by what point? Or over how much time?

Bey A and Bey B are in a battle. Both beys are spinning. Bey A stops.

Bey B gets the win, yes?

But what if Bey B only goes another quarter turn after Bey A stops? Does that mean that Bey B couldn't complete a full revolution (as measured by when Bey A stopped)? Bey B was still completing a full revolution as measured by 1 revolution ago...

There are some people who feel strongly that if Bey B cannot complete another full revolution after Bey A stops that it is a tie. My position has always been that if Bey A stops while Bey B is still spinning, Bey B wins.

It is the "full revolution" language that causes the confusion for people as it is unmeasurable other than to see that a bey is still spinning in the direction it started.

Your thoughts here Kai-V?
Count revolutions from the moment the other Beyblade stops spinning, I think.
With all due respect, if we used that interpretation there are battles that would never be decided. Typical Meteo vs Earth battles for example would continue until the bladers fell down from exhaustion.

If Bey A stops first and Bey B is still spinning (for however long), I feel that Bey B has to be the winner here.
Arupaeo Wrote:If Bey A stops first and Bey B is still spinning (for however long), I feel that Bey B has to be the winner here.

Yes, why not ?

Using Meteo L Drago almost always ends in a draw, that is one of its characteristics. However, it will often end in a win for the opponent too anyway.
I've always interpreted the rule to essentially mean "the Beyblade that is still rotating" purely because of how close battles with spin stealers are. So I would also say that you are correct Arupaeo.
Even hasbro counts a half rotation as a win...
Question. Neither Blader is allowed to touch the stadium. But what about the judge? Reason why I ask is because when using a highly aggressive type the stadiums move with the flow of the bey causing the bey to circle in the middle of the stadium which nullifies all of its attack abilities. Can we tape stadiums down to prevent this or what
?
(Nov. 09, 2011  3:48 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Question. Neither Blader is allowed to touch the stadium. But what about the judge? Reason why I ask is because when using a highly aggressive type the stadiums move with the flow of the bey causing the bey to circle in the middle of the stadium which nullifies all of its attack abilities. Can we tape stadiums down to prevent this or what
?
I would say use tap but idk thats alowed

(Nov. 09, 2011  3:48 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Question. Neither Blader is allowed to touch the stadium. But what about the judge? Reason why I ask is because when using a highly aggressive type the stadiums move with the flow of the bey causing the bey to circle in the middle of the stadium which nullifies all of its attack abilities. Can we tape stadiums down to prevent this or what
?

Even the judge should not touch the stadium during game play. Yes, you can always tape the stadium onto the ground's surface to prevent any movement.
?

Search is your friend. In this very thread lies your answer. Had you searched you would have found this, a mere 2 months ago, 4 pages back: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...#pid784191
(Nov. 09, 2011  4:09 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
?

Search is your friend. In this very thread lies your answer. Had you searched you would have found this, a mere 2 months ago, 4 pages back: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...#pid784191

Ahh ok great I was gonna search but most times it tells me that my search is too big or nothing comes up at all
Wha I the age limit for an official WBO event?
(Dec. 11, 2011  5:43 AM)UltimateDranzer Wrote: Wha I the age limit for an official WBO event?

Please use the search function at the top of the page to try and find your answer before posting questions.

The answer to this question is very important though, so I will provide it here.

There is no age limit in the WBO. If you can launch a bey, you can play!
Haha well it seems we meet again, Arupaeo. That made me smile. I hope to battle you sometime... I would consider it a huge honor. And thanks for the answer, I appreciate it very much
I am a bit confused with the rules. can we use a motor-powered beylauncher?
(Jan. 16, 2012  11:55 PM)the.successor Wrote: I am a bit confused with the rules. can we use a motor-powered beylauncher?

Motor ? It has to be one of the official launchers, sold "as is", so completely unaltered.
(Jan. 16, 2012  11:55 PM)the.successor Wrote: I am a bit confused with the rules. can we use a motor-powered beylauncher?

Anything you buy in stores that are made by Hasbro are acceptable, electronic beyblades and launchers that are motorized, if Hasbro has made that yet, are not to be used in tournaments. The simple beyblades you see in Walmart that come in two packs for 15.99 or however much they are, or the ones you can get singly for 6.99 are the only ones you can use in tournament play, as I believe, and whoever can correct me if I am mistaken is welcome to. I hope this helped you, the successor. And Kai-V, I apologize if I was in any way mistaken in my answers.
ok, thanks. Bacause Akirasdaddy's channel have some videos of his motorized beylauncher. so just wondered for a few minutes.
He also sells "street fighter" bey mods - which are wicked awesome - but... also not legal.
From what I have read of the rules. It seems that you can bring any number of beyblade combos/parts to an event and use all of it?

I understand that you cant change your blade mid match between someone, but between matches you can switch to a completely different bey. Has this always been the case, or did this evolve from peoples favorite bey not being their best?

On top of that, do any of the people that host tournaments check the parts everyone brings? I would assume not because people show up wanting to use their whole collection.

Is there more literature on tournaments other that what kei posted?
That has always been the rule for the World Beyblade Organization.

Also, we do hope that the judges and the host always check the parts someone uses for each match, because the parts cannot be fake or illegal.

There is the Event Guide :
http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf