WBO Back Up after Distributed Denial of Service Attack

Hey everyone,

The WBO has been down for almost an entire day due to a DDOS attack on our host. Simply put, our host was extorted and bombarded with requests of up to 4GB/s of data, causing the servers to crash. We've been moved to a more secure server now and there should be no data loss. Sorry about the inconvenience!
Whoa... Any way to figure out who's responsible?

I honestly don't know anybody who would have a grudge against a spinning top oriented forum...
It was an attack on the host, not directly at us. But it should be okay now. Smile
Yeah, it seems this has been a common thing. Just recently Daizex.com had their host attacked too.
(Jul. 16, 2009  10:59 PM)To Wrote: Yeah, it seems this has been a common thing. Just recently Daizex.com had their host attacked too.

Someone has been going around offering "protection" for loads of money and promising "connectivity problems" if hosts didn't pay up, so I won't be at all surprised if these two incidents are related..
^ Internet mafia?
We any more safer now? Or can the same thing likely to happen again...
(Jul. 16, 2009  11:27 PM)asterisk93 Wrote: ^ Internet mafia?
We any more safer now? Or can the same thing likely to happen again...

Our server is protected now so more attacks are unlikely.
thank god the site is safe Smile
and thanks for your work to make it safe again Smile

so this attack is the cause of the site going back to the past?
or making it go to the past is part of fighting the attack?
What are you talking about?
today, when the site was down.. it worked for maybe an hour but everything was old. the posts and threads and pms. am just wondering what caused this to happen.
(Jul. 17, 2009  12:02 AM)pegasis Wrote: today, when the site was down.. it worked for maybe an hour but everything was old. the posts and threads and pms. am just wondering what caused this to happen.

And now it's not. So why are you asking?
(Jul. 17, 2009  12:04 AM)Takamura Wrote: Yes, site's back up Grin

nope its still down
(Jul. 17, 2009  12:48 AM)undeadboll Wrote: nope its still down

Wut!?
sarcasm guys....its obviously back up if your posting here.....
Anyway, glad everything is fine now and that we didn't lose anything. Smile
So that was it, well, no harm done in the end but hope those people that did this get found out.
i thought that the host a.k.a got attacked i thought brad got seriously hurt./
Yesterday was so boring because this place was down. I think this server is being nicer to my PC aswell. hurray.
The new server does seem to be a bit faster Smile
(Jul. 17, 2009  7:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The new server does seem to be a bit faster Smile

Good to hear! Tongue_out_wink
Well thats what i think but sometimes it takes 15 minutes to load one page
That's your connection, takes about 5 seconds for me.
Ooops! That only happens when i go on WBO from school. Sorry but at home its as fast as a ferrari LOL