WATER CONSERVATION

Poll: Have you saved water today?

Yes
80.00%
No, but I will soon
20.00%
Total: 100% 20 vote(s)
I think it's important to save water so please share ideas how you can help save water.
If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.

I don't actually do this, but I do tend to conserve water by taking quick showers and using the toilet only ~2 times a day.
Same as Elmo Smile
And I have toilets that have 2 buttons to conserve water.
1 for yellows.
1 for browns.
Here in Australia we're on water restrictions because of the drought. Take quick 2 - 3 minute showers, use rain water for watering plants, wash your car in a car wash that uses recycled water, don't keep the tap on when brushing your teeth, etc.
(Oct. 14, 2010  5:39 AM)Elmo Wrote: If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.

I don't actually do this, but I do tend to conserve water by taking quick showers and using the toilet only ~2 times a day.

same as elmo, but my sister and mom are like EWWW!!! then they flush down the yellow. i only flush yellow if its starting 2 smelll...
my mom is a freak about saving water and recycling....
the things ppl should be doing take quick showers don't use too much hot water don't leave tap runnung etc
i actually use the same water bottle for school for a week and i save a lot!
I use the same water bottle for months... Sorry im off topic. We just let the rain water the plants only water when needed. (We live in texas) If we do have to use the sprinklers we use them at night so the water won't evaporate, we rarely wash the car at all.
I only flush yellows when I get screamed at and see you on drigergt
Sometimes it takes a few overflows of brown to get it all down.
Well, here in Mexico City, water: it´s a problem; because the Spanish colonizers found the city over the mud of a lake (Texcoco Lake), firstable they dry the lake, to find Moctezuma´s gold, (and they haven´t found). And all the city is crooked, because the soil is unstable. To prevent a very large flood, all the time are working pumps to take out all the water, if those pumps stop working the third largest city of the world will be under 2 mts. of water.

I said it only like a general culture information. n.n about water
Wow the other boys in my school must be great at conserving water! They never flush the toilet! And they never wash their Hands! Lol

I don't do much to conserve water but my family just let's the rain water the plants, our car is silver so we don't have to wash it much, and when I go to public restrooms I only flush Feces I leave the Urine and instead of washing my hands I use Hand Sanitizer. (but when I'm at home I use soap and water and I flush ALL!)
I go to an ecological(deals with agriculture, enviroment) school
At my own house I reduce water by not flushing for yellow, im currently trying to hook the toilet up rain water supply, why use fresh water? When I brush my teeth, I dont leave the water running. I also know how to take a quick yet hygenical shower.
WTF DUDES WATER BOTTLES ARE BAD. Toxic chemicals, bros.

Ever head of Nalgenes?
I can't do the whole not flushing thing. In my house, if you use the toilet flush the damn thing.

I don't waste water though not just because it's 'harmful for the environment' but also because it's a waste of money. And trust me, that carp does not grow on trees.
The poll needs a No option. I don't conserve water, I use what I deem is necessary. We aren't going to run out of water anytime soon. It covers 70% of the earth's surface for crying out loud. What's the point of tryin to conserve the water when so many people think the Oceans are rising? Isn't it counter intuitive to save an excess of water when you believe that it will cause more problems later. If anything I say we should spend more time getting more water to third world countries where they are in desperate need of it, and letting the yellow mellow is not going to help them one bit. I don't understand that idea to begin with, if you truly don't want to have to flush the toilet(which puts the water back into the water cycle!) why not urinate in the bushes were you don't have anything to flush?
In Australia we have to so, yes, I do.
um i found out in japan they have toilets that have differnt buttons for yellows and brown but in usa you have to pull down the handle ever so slightly so thats a tip
(Oct. 19, 2010  9:37 AM)Thresher Wrote: The poll needs a No option. I don't conserve water, I use what I deem is necessary. We aren't going to run out of water anytime soon. It covers 70% of the earth's surface for crying out loud. What's the point of tryin to conserve the water when so many people think the Oceans are rising? Isn't it counter intuitive to save an excess of water when you believe that it will cause more problems later. If anything I say we should spend more time getting more water to third world countries where they are in desperate need of it, and letting the yellow mellow is not going to help them one bit. I don't understand that idea to begin with, if you truly don't want to have to flush the toilet(which puts the water back into the water cycle!) why not urinate in the bushes were you don't have anything to flush?

I think the whole thing is to conserve 'fresh water' which makes a tiny fraction of all water on the planet.
(Oct. 19, 2010  9:38 PM)Khel Wrote: I think the whole thing is to conserve 'fresh water' which makes a tiny fraction of all water on the planet.
Yes, and i did some research and found this: About 2 percent of the planet's water is fresh, but 1.6 percent of the planet's water is locked up in the polar ice caps and glaciers. Another 0.36 percent is found underground in aquifers and wells. Only about 0.036 percent of the planet's total water supply is found in lakes and rivers.The rest of the water on the planet is either floating in the air as clouds and water vapor, or is locked up in plants and animals

In all, there is about 326,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of water on our planet.

But as well, i agree with Thresher about spending more time getting more water to third world countries where they are in desperate need of it.

Although, i do not believe we shall run out of water anytime soon, hah.
thats a lot but is soon is gonna run out if we dont take good care of it!
(Oct. 19, 2010  9:51 PM)XBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2010  9:38 PM)Khel Wrote: I think the whole thing is to conserve 'fresh water' which makes a tiny fraction of all water on the planet.
Yes, and i did some research and found this: About 2 percent of the planet's water is fresh, but 1.6 percent of the planet's water is locked up in the polar ice caps and glaciers. Another 0.36 percent is found underground in aquifers and wells. Only about 0.036 percent of the planet's total water supply is found in lakes and rivers.The rest of the water on the planet is either floating in the air as clouds and water vapor, or is locked up in plants and animals

In all, there is about 326,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of water on our planet.

But as well, i agree with Thresher about spending more time getting more water to third world countries where they are in desperate need of it.

Gotta tell you cool reasearch!
(Oct. 19, 2010  9:51 PM)XBlader Wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination
Any water can be fresh water, and water doesn't majically disappear after it is used, it returns to the air and back to the oceans.
Water never runs out it evaporates and comes back did non of u people learn this in elem. School
water we will never lose but it takes a long time for some water to actually become water again