Vulcan as a Defense wheel.

Look, I know your gawking at the fact this thread was made, but it had to be.
I just want to make sure nothing is over-looked, and especially posts like '-insert wheel name- is not an attack wheel.' Because I bet that half the time that is said, no one tested it for such a thing. I have doubts due to prior tests such as the one I am about to show you about Vulcans defense capabilities. (Whatever they may be -or not be-.)

Attack Testing:

Vulcan Bull C145CS vs Lightning LDrago CH120RF
1 - 9: I'm surprised Vulcan actually one once. Vulcan WR: 10%, LLDrago WR: 90%

You see where this is going, but assumptions are not very good for testing.
Pretty much ended this,
sentiments ftw..
Try using RS, it will probably deliver better results as CS is not quite top tier yet.
EDIT: aslo, consider using an MF/ MF-2?
(Dec. 14, 2010  5:49 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: Try using RS, it will probably deliver better results as CS is not quite top tier yet.
RS is a bit too good though, basically anything with RS will achieve at least decent results.
CS or WB helps make the tests 'easier to read'.

(Dec. 14, 2010  5:49 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: EDIT: aslo, consider using an MF/ MF-2?
Dan does not own Metal Faces yet, if I remember correctly.

(Dec. 14, 2010  5:26 AM)Dan Wrote: Vulcan Bull C145CS vs Lightning LDrago CH120RF
9 - 1: I'm surprised Vulcan actually one once. Vulcan WR: 10%, LLDrago WR: 90%
This should probably be changed to 1 - 9 since Vulcan Bull C145CS was mentioned first.

Anyway, thanks for the tests!
Yeah, I don't have MF's yet.
You can obviously understand why I no longer use WB, and RS pretty much nerf's anything. Pretty much breaking results, almost..
(Dec. 14, 2010  5:26 AM)Dan Wrote: Look, I know your gawking at the fact this thread was made, but it had to be.
I just want to make sure nothing is over-looked, and especially posts like '-insert wheel name- is not an attack wheel.' Because I bet that half the time that is said, no one tested it for such a thing. I have doubts due to prior tests such as the one I am about to show you about Vulcans defense capabilities. (Whatever they may be -or not be-.)

I don't know. Just looking at it you can tell that something like Vulcan will suck for Defense. It's that simple.

Has anyone ever really tested Quetzalcoatl or Lightning L Drago or Sagittario for Defense? No, because it's clear just looking at the design of the Wheels themselves that it would be a waste of time. I understand your sentiment, and in some instances it is true. But you have to use common sense as well.
(Dec. 14, 2010  6:53 AM)Kei Wrote: I don't know. Just looking at it you can tell that something like Vulcan will suck for Defense. It's that simple.

Has anyone ever really tested Quetzalcoatl or Lightning L Drago or Sagittario for Defense? No, because it's clear just looking at the design of the Wheels themselves that it would be a waste of time. I understand your sentiment, and in some instances it is true. But you have to use common sense as well.
I think Dan did these tests in response to how well Vulcan did as a Defense Wheel (compared to Earth) in these tests by Fyuuor.
Very well, I don't really see a point in posting any more results because you can see where it is going. Obviously you would have guessed as much. Tongue_out
Never thought that you could use an attack wheel for defense...

off topic: where does vulcan come from?
Was that supposed to be some sort of veiled insult..? :U
Look it up, Speechless If you haven't heard of it yet, well then I would be very surprised.
If you read my OP, you would get a feeling of one of the reasons I tested it for Defense.
Tests like this (Defense) should be looked into better.
Hmm I also tried using it as a Defense wheel before, but I think the fins (which are usually utilized for attack combo's) produce too much recoil.
well it did come with an otherwise defence blade, I haven't ever seen anything else thath out ouf place so maybe there was some intention for it to be used that way.
It's funny because you're using C145 and don't have a MF.
MF-H Vulcan Bull GB145WB might do well as a 'bulky attack type' against other attack types, because it will have less recoil.
It is funny. :Y
If my Reshuffle comes soon, I could probably do something along those lines.