Virgo Discussion

After seeing all the fuss about Scythe, I finally decided to test a metal wheel that has comparable stamina to that of Scythe. I warn you all (especially you th!nk, that the results you are about to see will make you drop Scythe.)

Why Virgo?: Lets all go back in History. A few years ago, before Metal Masters, Virgo was undisbutably the best stamina metal wheel. Having a whopping 37 grams of weight back up with a solo spin of almost 5 minutes, Virgo rivaled the stamina capabilities of Burn and Earth. Yet it was never used much due to the easy accessibility of Burn and Earth... but now in Limited, Virgo will get a 2nd chance.

All tests done in BB-10.
Virgo always launched 1st.
String Launcher

MF Virgo 230 D vs MF Scythe Kronos 230 D

Virgo: 14/20 (All OS)
Scythe: 6/20 (All OS)

MF Virgo W145 WD vs MF Scythe Aquario W145 WD

Virgo: 12/20 (All OS)
Scythe: 8/20 (All OS)

Hmm, by the looks of this, Virgo has a slight advantage over Scythe in Pure Stamina Combos. Lets try Low Track Stamina...

MF Virgo 85 WD vs MF Scythe Kronos 85 WD

Virgo: 15/20 (All OS)
Scythe: 5/20 (All OS)

Didn't go any better for Scythe. Lets battle against the famous MF Scythe Kronos CH120 RF....

MF Virgo GB145 TB vs MF Scythe Kronos CH120 RF

My RF is prime and I am great at Banking.

Virgo: 7/20 (All OS)
Scythe: 13/20 (9 KO, 4 OS)

Not bad for Virgo... however, Scythe was able to smack it around quite a bit... let me try my new, favorite combo:

MF Virgo GB145 CS vs MF Scythe Kronos CH120 RF

Virgo: 11/20 (9 OS, 2 KO)
Scythe: 9/20 (9 KO)

Meh, not too shabby for Virgo. Overall, I do see a decent amount of potential fpr Virgo. As a stamina wheel, it is slightly better than Scythe (A2 Model). This goes to ahow that Scythe is beatable...

In conclusion, I will test this combo more to see if it has top-tier potential. It seems decent enough though.

Note: During Stamina Comparison tests, the tracks (i.e. 230, W145) and tips (i.e. D, WD) were swapped ever 10 rounds.
You seem to know a lot for a person that joined the day he posted this thread...

What mold is your virgo?
(May. 12, 2014  7:51 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: You seem to know a lot for a person that joined the day he posted this thread...

What mold is your virgo?

It's not like you have to be a member to be knowledgable about beyblade Tongue_out, although it is defintely different haha.

I'm also curious about the mold. Great results though. I don't have a Virgo and I'm not sure many active members do really so this will be hard to get enough results comparatively to say whether they match yours or not.
This is pretty cool. I'll test once I get some time. But it's super important to know what mold Virgo this is.
How much do your Virgo and Scythe Wheels weigh, Virgo16? In the case of Scythe, its mold is less indicative of its ability than its weight is.

Also, what set did your Virgo Wheel come from?

If you can, I'd appreciate it if you tested your Virgo and Scythe against an Earth on mirrored setups. This would allow us to gauge approximately how your Wheels perform in comparison to the relatively consistent performance of Earth.
(May. 12, 2014  12:07 PM)Tri Wrote:
(May. 12, 2014  7:51 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: You seem to know a lot for a person that joined the day he posted this thread...

What mold is your virgo?

It's not like you have to be a member to be knowledgable about beyblade Tongue_out, although it is defintely different haha.

I'm also curious about the mold. Great results though. I don't have a Virgo and I'm not sure many active members do really so this will be hard to get enough results comparatively to say whether they match yours or not.
that is not what I meant. I meant his knowledge about Th!nk and the contreversary over banning scythe in the limited format ( which only the WBO holds large tournaments in ).
I do apologize for mot being able to post this in the previous post. My Virgo is the Purple Virgo from RBV2. I will test against Earth and Burn after AP Exams are over. Also, I have read à bunch of threads but never got to create an account until my parents gavé me their consent.

Édit: My Scythe approximately weighs 33.68 G and My Virgo weighs 37.04 Grams.
how does virgo do against libra, and omega? this is the thing that worrys me, but other then that, good job virgo16Wink
Thought I'd just post my experience with Virgo, after attending Toronto's GBT2 Qualifier:

I don't have Virgo myself, but I'll be sure to order the set that comes with it, sometime after Anime North. Anyways, at one point in the Qualifier, I had the opportunity to battle 1234beyblade, because of him being in my block at the time. From what I remember, I was using Scythe Cancer W145WD, against his MF-F Virgo DF105EWD.

I managed to win the first two battles of the three by outspin, but then lost the rest. Virgo didn't manage to outspin Scythe, but was able to KO it, possibly because Scythe being quite light, as well as hollowed out. I don't know much about Virgo's molds, but his was most certainly among one of the better ones. From what I remember, his was from the Four Layer set, as well.

Great testings, Virgo16. You're quite knowledgeable for a member who has just joined today. (:
My Virgo is about a 3/4 minute mold, which came from the 4-Layer set.

Since my Scythe is a bad mold, tests would be off.

I will try to do some Earth Miror-Matches later on, though.

Virgo16- Good job with this, though. For a "new" member, you've done nicely. The only thing to consider is many other member's results may be different, since your mold of Virgo from the older Random Boosters is harder to find, now.
Now for some test results, (on a side note for those of you who had APs, it's almost over!!!)

I tried Low Track Earth Stamina vs Low Track Virgo Stamina. All tests were done in BB-10, with string launcher. Also, my Virgo spins consistently for up to 5 minutes so I am going to safely assume that I have the 5 minute mold.

MF Virgo 85 WD vs MF Earth Cancer 85 WD

Virgo: 15/20 (13 OS, 2 KO)
Earth: 5/20 (5 OS)

Basically, Earth could get Virgo to scrape sometimes. Lets try some tall heights, shall we? Smile

MF Virgo W145 WD vs MF Earth Cancer W145 WD

Virgo: 18/20 (18 OS)
Earth: 2/20 (2 OS)

Virgo Dominated. Period. Perhaps it was because my Earth is Hasbro Mold 2 from Earth Eagle but none the less… Final pair of tests:

MF Virgo 230 D vs MF Earth Cancer 230 D

Virgo: 19/20 (19 OS)
Earth: 1/20 (1 KO)

So Earth got this one crazy KO, probably due to my bad launch during that round. Clearly though, you can see that Virgo destroys Earth.

In conclusion, Virgo dominates Earth. If someone kindly tells me how I can get a cheap Burn, I will test against Burn Stamina. Until then, ~Virgo16. Grin
I don't doubt your testing, but I once had the same mold of Virgo and tested against Earth. My tests wasn't even close to those. Earth won more then Virgo.

Could you give details about your launch?
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Mind doing those scythe comparisons as well?
I launched towards the middle of the Stadium. I honestly don't know what caused a difference in our results, but my Earth has been used quite extensively so maybe that can be it… also, my Scythe tests are in the OP.
I used the same launch too. My Earth has also been used for some time now.

What was the condition of your tips? BTW, you did swap your W145/230's and WD/D's every ten rounds, right?
Comparison tests meaning each one against the same combo
Yes, I swapped my WD and my W145s and 230s every 10 rounds. My WD are also brand new, when I used them for testing. They could be a bit worn out by now but it shouldn't have affected the testing too badly. Overall, my tests still show that Virgo can easily defeat Earth. I apologize for not adding this point to my OP, and will asap! Smile

Edit: After dinner, I will do some comparison tests Time! Smile
Here are some comparisons:

MF Scythe Kronos W145 WD vs MF Earth Cancer W145 WD

Scythe:17/20 (17 OS)
Earth: 3/20 (3 OS)

MF Scythe Kronos 230 D vs MF Earth Cancer 230 D

Scythe: 18/20 (18 OS)
Earth: 2/20 (2 OS)
Can you post videos of some of these battles? And thanks for the results!!
I can but someone needs to tell me whats a good camera to purchase for this and also how to upload videos. I'm not really techno-savy. Also, if anyone else has a Virgo and would like to contribute test results, by all means, feel free to do so.
I'm getting a video camera soon an well as a youtube account with my parent's permission. Until then, I will test the new hybrid Virgo tank combo I've made to counter Omega Attack Combos. Will do and post test results tomorrow!
I will contribute when I get my hand on Virgo MW.
Hehe I got sone more results for something new I've been working on. I can safely say that this combo is the most versatile Hybrid combo in Limited..

MF Virgo TH170 CS vs MF Omega Uranus 85 RF (Prime, Barrage Mode)

Virgo is at the 220 height.

Virgo: 14/20 (14 OS)
Omega Uranus: 6/20 (6 KO)

I then tested against the mid height D125.

MF Virgo TH170 CS vs MF Omega Uranus D125 RF

Virgo is in the 195 height.

Virgo: 15/20 (15 OS)
Omega Uranus: 5/20 (5 KO)

I finally tested against MF Scythe Kronos CH120 RF at 145 height. I kept Virgo at its rather odd 195 height.

MF Virgo TH170 CS vs MF Scythe Kronos CH120 RF

Virgo: 13/20 (13 OS)
Scythe: 7/20 (5 KO, 2 OS)

So as you can see, MF Virgo TH170 CS (Semi-Aggro), clearly dominates Attack and Hybrid Attack combos.
EPic Combo! These tests proved a lot for the VIrgo Hybrid Combo! Can you also test against MF Omega Horuseus/Uranus CH120RF? How tests VS. STamina as well. Nice Job!
Some more results:

MF Virgo TH170 D vs MF-M Duo Cygnus 230 MB

Virgo: 14/20 (14 OS)
Duo: 6/20 (6 OS)

MF Virgo TH170 CS vs MF Omega Horuseus CH 120 RF (Near Prime)

Virgo at 195 Height: 12/20 (12 OS)
Omega at 120 Height: 8/20 (8 OS)

That's all folks. My Virgo is now worn and after finishing these tests, I traded my worn Virgo for a mint NIB BB-18 to fellow WBO member Greimatter. My Virgo is now gone but I now have a 43 G mint condition Libra DF145 BS.

Sorry to double post but I will not be able to test anymore as Greimatter won't trade me my worn Virgo anymore. I traded him last week but am making both of these posts today. As a result, I will not be able to test anymore until I get a new MWS Virgo from online. However, it can safely be stated that Virgo is the best Hybrid Stamina/Defense wheel in the competitive limited format.