[Virginia, USA] who lives here

Is Richmond not close enough for u and maybe others to make it? I thought Richmond,VA waz actually a decent location. So,this monday i should be receiving my Standard Type Bey Stadium so that takes care of that one need. Im guessing the next important thing are people? ( if im doing anything wrong dont hold back on the missing details im looking for ) Is there any other way we can make dis more known to others?:\
thhis does not work for me because my spring is april 9 to the 13
(Feb. 10, 2012  8:42 PM)Kayla10 Wrote: thhis does not work for me because my spring is april 9 to the 13
Aww that sucks. Well hopefully you can make it to the next one.Grin
(Feb. 10, 2012  8:42 PM)Kayla10 Wrote: thhis does not work for me because my spring is april 9 to the 13

Wait!? That doesnt really make much since to me?:\ Your Spring Break is from the 9-13th of April, but the tournament is on the 14th which is a staurday??? Im so confused on so many levels.Tired
(Feb. 11, 2012  5:24 AM)Poison Serpent! Wrote:

Wait!? That doesnt really make much since to me?:\ Your Spring Break is from the 9-13th of April, but the tournament is on the 14th which is a staurday??? Im so confused on so many levels.Tired
Saturday, April 14 is not the official date yet. Angry face and I are discussing it. We know it will be in late March or early April, but we need some feedback on it from everyone who wants to attend. The problem with most (if not all) of VA's tournaments is that the expected number of attendance is cut about into half. Also, most of the maybes have never shown (I being one myself). We need maximum number of attendance, so we can show that we can do this, even with our limited number of bladers.
(Jan. 13, 2012  4:53 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Fonticello/Albert Carter Jones Park
28th & Bainbridge
Richmond, VA 23224
(804) 646-5733

Byrd Park (Carillon & Dogwood Dell)
0 South Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23221
(804) 646-5733

My suggested venues, people...

They both have bathrooms, playgrounds for the little ones, and playground shelters:
http://eservices.ci.richmond.va.us/appli...esults.asp
I thought we already made it clear that when we have a tourny( if we get this gets approved ) that it would be at Byrd Park, can anyone not make it to Byrd Park? I live in Chesapeake but i would probably be able to make it no problem.
Wut? When was that decided?
I thought i said in one of my post " what about Byrd Park as the location ". It can be changed i quess idk?:\
Gee, that was a short post, man. I had to go through the last page, like, three times before I found it again!

Byrd Park should be fine, but it all depends on the date, just as I said before, and as of now, I'm not sure about the 14th.
(Feb. 11, 2012  9:33 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Gee, that was a short post, man. I had to go through the last page, like, three times before I found it again!

Byrd Park should be fine, but it all depends on the date, just as I said before, and as of now, I'm not sure about the 14th.
My bad about the short post, but what would be the best exact date for you. I said in another post that maybe April,14,2012??? Its a saturday and plus it would give me and others time to organize and to get enough people. *see if anyone on your tournament thread could comeTongue_out*
(Feb. 11, 2012  9:33 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Gee, that was a short post, man. I had to go through the last page, like, three times before I found it again!

Then what would be the best date for you *see if anyone from your tournament thread would be able to make itCute*
Hey, don't try to accommodate me, you need to pick the date that works best for you, and then others can arrange their schedules to conform to yours. If some people can't make it, that's their loss, but you need to have a date before anything else.
Okay then!!!! ( thanksWink) The official date (not really, haha, but this is the date im aiming for) will be April, 14, 2012!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so for right now I quess we have two people, Me, and my friend Derick( im pretty positive he has an account here but ill double check) Who can/want to participate to get this tourny approved!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!EeeEeeEee
(Feb. 11, 2012  11:31 PM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: Okay then!!!! ( thanksWink) The official date (not really, haha, but this is the date im aiming for) will be April, 14, 2012!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so for right now I quess we have two people, Me, and my friend Derick( im pretty positive he has an account here but ill double check) Who can/want to participate to get this tourny approved!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!EeeEeeEee
Ok, the 14th should work for me, but I dont plan that far ahead in my life(lol). I have one question, for Angry. What is the minimum number of participants we need to get approved? The reason I ask is because, as I've said before, most of the expected attendance won't show. Once we take care of that, we can propose, and then we look into prizes and such. Also, what are some prizes that you guys want? They'll probably have to be Hasbro, but with the release of Metal Masters, we have a more variety of beys for prizes. Just something I'd like to know.
(Feb. 12, 2012  1:27 AM)©oke Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2012  11:31 PM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: Okay then!!!! ( thanksWink) The official date (not really, haha, but this is the date im aiming for) will be April, 14, 2012!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so for right now I quess we have two people, Me, and my friend Derick( im pretty positive he has an account here but ill double check) Who can/want to participate to get this tourny approved!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!EeeEeeEee
Ok, the 14th should work for me, but I dont plan that far ahead in my life(lol). I have one question, for Angry. What is the minimum number of participants we need to get approved? The reason I ask is because, as I've said before, most of the expected attendance won't show. Once we take care of that, we can propose, and then we look into prizes and such. Also, what are some prizes that you guys want? They'll probably have to be Hasbro, but with the release of Metal Masters, we have a more variety of beys for prizes. Just something I'd like to know.
The minimum for any tournament is 8 confirmed attendees but with people sometimes not showing up we might need to bump it to 12 just in case people dont show. Maybe for the tournament we could give away a Big Bang Pegasus for first place, there only about $20 on toywiz. The reason i suggested Big Bang was because of the fact that if we have good prizes maybe more people will make the extra effort to comeWink
I think we should have the tourney on the weekend cause more people are free I could come if it's on a week end
(Feb. 12, 2012  2:39 AM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: The minimum for any tournament is 8 confirmed attendees but with people sometimes not showing up we might need to bump it to 12 just in case people dont show. Maybe for the tournament we could give away a Big Bang Pegasus for first place, there only about $20 on toywiz. The reason i suggested Big Bang was because of the fact that if we have good prizes maybe more people will make the extra effort to comeWink
True, but we need other prizes too. I believe we should try and get 14-16 confirmed attendants, so we don't have to worry as much.

(Feb. 12, 2012  4:18 AM)EPIC PINOY Wrote: I think we should have the tourney on the weekend cause more people are free I could come if it's on a week end
Pretty much all tournaments, especially during the school year, are on the weekend. It works for almost everyone.
Serpent add me as a confirmed for your tourney.
~X-Saber
(Feb. 12, 2012  4:18 AM)EPIC PINOY Wrote: I think we should have the tourney on the weekend cause more people are free I could come if it's on a week end
This tournament is on the weekend, Its on April,12,2012 that is a saturday, hope you can make itTongue_out

(Feb. 12, 2012  4:45 AM)©oke Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2012  2:39 AM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: The minimum for any tournament is 8 confirmed attendees but with people sometimes not showing up we might need to bump it to 12 just in case people dont show. Maybe for the tournament we could give away a Big Bang Pegasus for first place, there only about $20 on toywiz. The reason i suggested Big Bang was because of the fact that if we have good prizes maybe more people will make the extra effort to comeWink
True, but we need other prizes too. I believe we should try and get 14-16 confirmed attendants, so we don't have to worry as much.

Pretty much all tournaments, especially during the school year, are on the weekend. It works for almost everyone.
Ok, no problem, maybe the prizes could be Big Bang Pegasus, Rock Zurafa, and Gravity Perseus??? I really dont care what the other two prizes are i just think Big Bang should be included.

(Feb. 12, 2012  2:15 PM)X-Saber Wrote: Serpent add me as a confirmed for your tourney.
~X-Saber
OK!!!! No problem, but when you say your going to come please commit to this tournament. I think we can all understand if its a dire emergency and you cant make it, but please actually try to come.Confused

Confirmed Attendees: 1.Poison Serpent
2.X-Saber

*Coke- can you make it to the tourny? Same question for you Angry Face*
(Feb. 12, 2012  4:35 PM)Poison Serpent! Wrote: This tournament is on the weekend, Its on April,12,2012 that is a saturday, hope you can make itTongue_out

Ok, no problem, maybe the prizes could be Big Bang Pegasus, Rock Zurafa, and Gravity Perseus??? I really dont care what the other two prizes are i just think Big Bang should be included.

*Coke- can you make it to the tourny? Same question for you Angry Face*

Please tell me the first one's a typo...

BBP kinda sucks in all aspects, so I'd order something that could actually be used competitively, or something that's valuable/rare (a.e. Mercury Anubis, HK Inferno Ver., any other limited recolor, etc.)

I may be able to get away with this since it's so close to my birthday, but it'll be a while before I have a final answer.

(Feb. 12, 2012  4:45 AM)©oke Wrote: I believe we should try and get 14-16 confirmed attendants, so we don't have to worry as much.

I'd love to see a VA tournament's confirmed list with that many people, but I doubt that that many parents would even be willing to drive their kid(s) even twenty minutes to let them play spinning tops (Derp you lazy, selfish parents Argh!!).
(Feb. 12, 2012  8:52 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: BBP kinda sucks in all aspects, so I'd order something that could actually be used competitively, or something that's valuable/rare (a.e. Mercury Anubis, HK Inferno Ver., any other limited recolor, etc.)

(Feb. 12, 2012  4:45 AM)©oke Wrote: I believe we should try and get 14-16 confirmed attendants, so we don't have to worry as much.

I'd love to see a VA tournament's confirmed list with that many people, but I doubt that that many parents would even be willing to drive their kid(s) even twenty minutes to let them play spinning tops (Derp you lazy, selfish parents Argh!!).
That is very true, adults are kinda lazy, and that they aren't willing to drive long periods of time for their kids to Beyblade. Also, on the issue of prizes, my birthday is in late March, so I could use some of that money to get prizes. A newer blade would be nice, and a useful blade as well. Possibly, the prize pool could be; Variares, Phantom Orion, and Vulcan Horuseus. And like a MF custom for the 4th place person.
So where is this going to be just to be sure
(Feb. 12, 2012  11:46 PM)©oke Wrote: That is very true, adults are kinda lazy, and that they aren't willing to drive long periods of time for their kids to Beyblade. Also, on the issue of prizes, my birthday is in late March, so I could use some of that money to get prizes. A newer blade would be nice, and a useful blade as well. Possibly, the prize pool could be; Variares, Phantom Orion, and Vulcan Horuseus. And like a MF custom for the 4th place person.

I guess you could use your birthday money to buy prizes... But let's try to get at least one prize that's competitive (first would probably want that), and the other two can be eye-candy. Not many tournaments provide prizes for any other places asides from the traditional top three, so I don't see why we need to do any different.
(Feb. 13, 2012  3:03 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I guess you could use your birthday money to buy prizes... But let's try to get at least one prize that's competitive (first would probably want that), and the other two can be eye-candy. Not many tournaments provide prizes for any other places asides from the traditional top three, so I don't see why we need to do any different.
I agree, thats why I was thinking a Variares, and Phantom Orion. I am willing to use my birthday money, because Im only asking it. I just thought about the 4th place prize as a consolation prize.

(Feb. 13, 2012  2:35 AM)EPIC PINOY Wrote: So where is this going to be just to be sure
We have been discussing that. It will be at one of these two locations:

Fonticello/Albert Carter Jones Park
28th & Bainbridge
Richmond, VA 23224
(804) 646-5733

Byrd Park (Carillon & Dogwood Dell)
0 South Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23221
(804) 646-5733