[Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada] Vancouver BeyClub

I'm interested in getting the BB-22 set, since I want the grip launcher and a Libra. I also will need my own stadium, so if there's a way to get the Attack Stadium without having to buy the whole BB-09 Set would be awesome.
I'm trying to find Attack Type BeyStadium by itself, it's sold out everywhere right now, but if they show up on YJ soon I'll order several since I need a new one anyway.
(Jun. 18, 2009  6:39 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: BB-22, BB-04, BB-17
BB-04 and BB-22 both have leone is there a reason you said both?
BB04 has the Defense Bottom with that Leone which is a useful part.

BB-22 does have Leone (no D on this one however), but it also has Libra, Virgo, DF145, D125, and B which are a lot of useful parts.
(Jun. 18, 2009  9:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's not that good ...

Just to mention, I would highly recommend everyone get BB-22. It's one of the best sets in the game.

Well, is LDrago worth picking up at all? Or would it really be worth while cosmetic customizations on used parts? LoL

Also, where do I pick up BB-22, and if you can, I wan't one, just point me to a price tag and your pay pal Wink

EDIT: My girlfriend is picking me up a few Quetz (if she can find 'em, I showed her a picture and she said she'd seen 'em before in a small hobby shop near her house) and a bunch of metal faces. If she can grab enough (they're almost no where to be found in larger cities in Japan) I'd be happy to trade or sell some to you guys close to cost ^^

Brad any chance of you bringing down a stadium or two for purchase?
Oh man I wanna buy some though because of the Anime Evolution, and me just ordering Moetan over eBay, I have no money left T___T
(Jun. 18, 2009  2:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think I have found a way to get some items for us.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dickson_c_...Z1QQ_fromZ

I can get any of these items at a discounted rate. Please tell me if you want any of these!

Why are the prices so low Chocked
(Jun. 19, 2009  3:15 PM)Hero Wrote: Why are the prices so low Chocked

Because I guess one of the main "principles" of business is to get what people want and offer it at a cheap price ...

EDIT: ?
Shady acquisition of inventory? Who knows really; he probably has connections of some kind with a wholesaler and was able to get his stock for dirt cheap.

It doesn't quite make sense why he charges so low, but I'm not concerned. He is timely, and his goods are what I ordered. That's all that matters to me.
(Jun. 19, 2009  11:27 AM)HiroAyami Wrote: Well, is LDrago worth picking up at all? Or would it really be worth while cosmetic customizations on used parts? LoL

Also, where do I pick up BB-22, and if you can, I wan't one, just point me to a price tag and your pay pal Wink

EDIT: My girlfriend is picking me up a few Quetz (if she can find 'em, I showed her a picture and she said she'd seen 'em before in a small hobby shop near her house) and a bunch of metal faces. If she can grab enough (they're almost no where to be found in larger cities in Japan) I'd be happy to trade or sell some to you guys close to cost ^^

Brad any chance of you bringing down a stadium or two for purchase?

As I said, I shall do my best.
I think most people have somewhat of an idea of what they want now. So we should make a list of stuff so we can hear how much it will ring up that way we can figure out better what meets our budgets and make slight alterations from there.

If your down for that I'm interested in getting BB-22, BB-04, BB-17 however I may only get BB-22 and BB-17 depending on the price.

On a side note, I noticed the face collections under people's avatar, I am wondering if these are real tangible faces or just a site thing, also how do you get the face booster ones?
(Jun. 19, 2009  9:27 PM)Xeneros Wrote: On a side note, I noticed the face collections under people's avatar, I am wondering if these are real tangible faces or just a site thing, also how do you get the face booster ones?

http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=19
(Jun. 19, 2009  9:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=19
Thank you! That was very helpful.

I heard rumors that they will be releasing FMB in the americas in 2010 sometime. Do you know anything about that?
ummm we have a thread for BMF (Beyblade Metal Fusion)

So yes 2010 fall.
So I've beenlooking around and we have a few options, some of which we have to solidify as well as figure out numbers before we can.

First we can use Central Park (The Park right off Patterson Skytrain) so long as we have no intentions of setting up large structures/openly vending (IE: Calling people over to purchase things), the same goes for Stanley Park, I've contacted both parks about this hence the vending bit LoL Being in the AE community I wouldn't mind organizing an AE meet up around this event and one way or another I'll definitely let as many people as I can about this gathering Smile

We also have the options of renting out a room at Douglas College (off of the New West Skytrain Station) or asking a few local hobby/anime shops if they'd be willing to host the event, that being said there could be a $1-2 per person fee depending on the shop since they likely won't have the best chance of selling much (to us) having us there. I have a few shops in mind but in order to pitch it I'll definitely need some sort of a vague number. Keeping that in mind my first pick would be a better known shop so we can get more exposure or a park.
Sounds good man. I really appreciate it.
'kay feed back time!

I've got a few shops interested, I need some information on behalf of WBO in terms of how I can pitch this since I'm just a member. I need people off of the WBO to say who would be coming, not sure how many Vancouverites we have here, or even just BC bladers, and the following:

Will it be a tournament? And, would it be advisable for them to pick up beyblades, maybe a small stock and sell them? The later is more of a community shout out than anything. The better of the shops would also request around a $1-2/person space fee, more so because the shop is a comic and toy store and I somehow am unsure how much revenue we'd bring in aside from use their space. That being said the advantage is this is one of the major sponsors of Anime Evolution, they made a killing with Gundam Models and when BMF is released in 2010 will be a pretty decent supplier of it as well, future support from them may be a good thing for the Vancouver Branch of WBO, advertising, etc etc. I've got a pretty good relationship with the owner so just let me know ^^

They'll want to finalize things sooner as opposed to later though, furthermore should we decide to use the site, I would be willing to front the $1-2 space fee for around 10-20 people myself.

On my end I'll be bringing a decent amount, at least 3-4 of my friends, more likely more than that not registered on the WBO to the event once we decide where it is. Brad you may remember a few, Dolphin (Greg), a couple others from the VBS.
Hiro, that location sounds good. The WBO collects $5 from each person that enters a tournament exactly for situations like this. Now we just actually need to get all of the people from BC together! They've been surprisingly quiet since AE ended Unhappy

PM me the location and date you want to do this (preferably next month) and I will do up some info. Smile

As for them picking up stock, I worry that if they did manage to obtain some, it would be prohibitively expensive to sell. So while they can do it if they want, I wouldn't necessarily advise it at this point.
Will do I'll be visiting them later today to discuss possible dates so we don't interfere with any major events like Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh, hopefully we can use their space on an 'empty' weekend.

I'll have details to you shortly.

I'll drum up hype on the AE forums, hopefully I can pull more people into the abyss :3
second by second I'm getting more excited to play more and learn more of thee bey blades of today.

I have more to see and learn certain blades
(Jul. 01, 2009  12:42 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Will do I'll be visiting them later today to discuss possible dates so we don't interfere with any major events like Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh, hopefully we can use their space on an 'empty' weekend.

I'll have details to you shortly.

I'll drum up hype on the AE forums, hopefully I can pull more people into the abyss :3

I think I know this place. Is it Metropolis Comics & Toys? It's one of the regular places I go to and I used to work with the staff at that shop. That would be a great place to go to. Magic is held on Tue and Fri, from usually 4pm-9pm/9:30pm. Thurs I believe there's people playing Dungeons and Dragons which is usually around 3-4pm till closing, and Yugioh(my friend is in charge of, with me being assistant.) is on Sundays from 1pm-4pm usually. And I believe that Saturdays there's another D&D group but I'm not sure about the times and how often they play on Saturdays. Great location, right in front of a Toys'R'us. Cute
hmmmm mabe we should have some music to blend in the hang eh?
(Jul. 02, 2009  5:57 PM)yumigata Wrote: I think I know this place. Is it Metropolis Comics & Toys? It's one of the regular places I go to and I used to work with the staff at that shop. That would be a great place to go to. Magic is held on Tue and Fri, from usually 4pm-9pm/9:30pm. Thurs I believe there's people playing Dungeons and Dragons which is usually around 3-4pm till closing, and Yugioh(my friend is in charge of, with me being assistant.) is on Sundays from 1pm-4pm usually. And I believe that Saturdays there's another D&D group but I'm not sure about the times and how often they play on Saturdays. Great location, right in front of a Toys'R'us. Cute

@@ Who are you? I'm a regular there too! Meaning to get into the Yu-Gi-Oh on Sundays Ellis keeps bugging me lol, 'cept I usually work then. Used to play MTG all the time there but I've been too busy the last few months.

(Jul. 03, 2009  2:07 AM)marcoloco Wrote: hmmmm mabe we should have some music to blend in the hang eh?

Eh, if we do it a MCT we won't be needing any music, I mean Johny won't mind us enjoying ourselves but we'll need to be mindful and respectful of his store and customers not there for our event.

I'm in discussion with Johny so far so yeah, hopefully :3
It's Colleen. I worked there for only 3 months but you should remember me. I was nicked named 'Alara' Since I started working back when it was ages 3&up and Shards of Alara was just released. I think we were ay the same table back at AE at the Beyblade event.
I found a place that might be interested in beyblades.

its called: R U Game?
Board, rpg and card games.

245 union st

Kirby Krilow - owner

V6A 2B2 -604 568 6322.

http://r-u-game.ca