[Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada] Vancouver BeyClub

Hey World ... erm, Vancouver Bladers!

Because we'd discussed having a Vancouver BeyClub, but there was no real formal place for organizing stuff, I've gone and made this thread. Grin So, I'll post here with more and more details as they come along. I'd like to organize a meeting for August, so let's get on it!

Everybody check in!
alright! cant wait, hope its gonna be in a accessible place near a skytrain, seeing as i have no car to drive x.x;;
(Jun. 16, 2009  6:23 AM)Taikokou Wrote: alright! cant wait, hope its gonna be in a accessible place near a skytrain, seeing as i have no car to drive x.x;;

neither do i Grin;;;
I'd be down for this, if you'd like I can research venues out near skytrains Smile
same here man.

but brad maybe bring some blades for sale and play perhaps eh?
well obviously as i said, i'd like to get a group order in ...
I'm definitely in.

Which venues did you have in mind for hosting one of these sessions?
(Jun. 16, 2009  9:10 AM)AFanCorp Wrote: I'm definitely in.

Which venues did you have in mind for hosting one of these sessions?

probably better to ask someone who's been to vancouver more than twice
Somewhere in Stanley Park would probably work out alright.
Stanley park is a little bit away from.... well everything. I would love to come however I will be in and out of vancouver for the next 2 months as I will be going back and forth working on Hornby Island. So keep me posted and I will try to be back in town at that time. I suggest a more central meeting point. like near the main and terminal skytrain station i.e. the telus world of science. It has a large park area around it and in the event of rain there is a fairly large gazeebo that proviedes decent shelter.
Oh by the way, where can we find a list of available beyblades so we can figure out what we want to order?
I'll look into multiple venues but a turn out list would be nice. If I can get an approximate of people attending that'd be killer. Renting out a single room for a day at a rec center is pretty cheap and a definite possibility. There's also central park and other parks off of skytrains. Theremight be a few hobby shops interested in hosting as well, I'll do some footwork?
Sure, that'd be cool. Grin
Paterson Park is a good place too. Central(ish) and by a sky train.
You mean Central Park by Patterson Station? I was thinking that would be a great place, and it's only a walk/station away from Metrotown. Stanley Park is too far since it's not just people from Vancouver but in Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Surrey...so pretty much other cities around Vancouver.
Central would be nice, but I do also want to explore some indoor venues for A) convenience B) weather and C) hopefully it has AC :3

I'll get back you guys on my progress in a few days actually Grin
Cool, indoor venue would be nice, however if the weather is nice there's no reason we shouldn't be outside. Also could you point us who don't have too much info on these newer beyblades to a list of orderable ones?
(Jun. 17, 2009  11:25 AM)HiroAyami Wrote: Central would be nice, but I do also want to explore some indoor venues for A) convenience B) weather and C) hopefully it has AC :3

I'll get back you guys on my progress in a few days actually Grin

Central would be a nice place for an outdoor venue, we can defintely have an indoor venue but it's all generally dependant on the weather. Some people can take the sun while others can't( I burn and have a skin allergy to sunblock.Pinching_eyes) and I'd personally prefer a indoor place unless the outdoor venue has plenty of shade. As to which place would be great for indoors, I have no clue.
Haha, I just remembered that my girlfriend was in Japan! Time to call her and bug her for beyblades and stuff :3
I think I have found a way to get some items for us.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/dickson_c_...Z1QQ_fromZ

I can get any of these items at a discounted rate. Please tell me if you want any of these!
:3

I want the 'Metal BeyBlade BB-15 Launcher Grip'

and 'Metal BeyBlade BB-23 Starter EL.Dragon 105F'

Dunno if LDrago is anygood but the wheel looks worth cosmetic customization :3
It's not that good ...

Just to mention, I would highly recommend everyone get BB-22. It's one of the best sets in the game.
What two sets would you recommend to start with? Also how much would it cost?
(Jun. 18, 2009  5:00 PM)Xeneros Wrote: What two sets would you recommend to start with? Also how much would it cost?

BB-22, BB-04, BB-17
plus thinking od the date of the event maybe make it a 3 week notice incase of people having work
I always try to give as much notice as possible.